New Carmine Giovinazzo Fan Project: Get The Man An Emmy

Wow! Crankyjules, you rock so unbelievably hard! Thank you so much for all you're doing. Amazing how many people you can reach in those online communities.

Do you think "AJ" is really AJ? I never trust those alleged celeb accounts. Probably not the real thing, but if someone is lame enough to hold themselves out as being AJ, they must be a CSI:NY fan and might write a letter.

With the combo of this level of effort and your MySpace profile, I swear, if you had a [CENSORED], I'd be all over you. ;) :devil:

Great job! Seriously. Thank you. Thanks for the Fanforum and Fanbolt suggestions too. Those are now on the top of my "To Do" list for tomorrow. If anyone else knows of any boards I should visit, please let me know.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
Wow! Crankyjules, you rock so unbelievably hard! Thank you so much for all you're doing. Amazing how many people you can reach in those online communities.
Thank you :) And yes, amazing. And scary ... it's opened my eyes to a whole new world I had no idea was out there.

Do you think "AJ" is really AJ? I never trust those alleged celeb accounts. Probably not the real thing, but if someone is lame enough to hold themselves out as being AJ, they must be a CSI:NY fan and might write a letter.
Actually, this one I think is genuine ;) And yeah, I agree that most are fakes. But as you said, even if this one is a fake ... they're a fan :lol: :lol:

With the combo of this level of effort and your MySpace profile, I swear, if you had a [CENSORED], I'd be all over you. ;) :devil:
Why, thank you on the compliment on my myspace profile :lol: As for the *other* ... Well, actually :devil: :lol: I had this dream once ... I had one for 24 hours. I didn't want to (whistle) anyone with it, just wanted to play with it. It was an extraordinarily good dream :eek: But I woke up too early :( ;) That always frikken' happens :mad:

Great job! Seriously. Thank you. Thanks for the Fanforum and Fanbolt suggestions too. Those are now on the top of my "To Do" list for tomorrow. If anyone else knows of any boards I should visit, please let me know.
:eek: 'Twas nothing. You are the brainchild of this thing and without you this wouldn't be happening. I'm just an accessory after the fact :D Just pm'd you a list of Australian forums I've posted to. There were less than I thought I had originally bookmarked but it all helps.

Ok, started the letter to CBS, this guy definetly deserves an emmy! Also, pimped it on my LJ, although all my friends on it are from here anyway, lol! :lol: But, its been pimped! Also gonna pimp my myspace out with it, and see if I can't find some forums to pimp it on to! Basically, it will be pipmed, many times over! :lol:

~xJemmax~

CSIVegasMiamiNY said:
Ok, started the letter to CBS, this guy definetly deserves an emmy!

Oh yes. You're right and I want to help him get one with a letter. But I don't really know how to start and there are a lot of words missing in my head so it's hard to write what I have in my head...

Dorka from Carmine Online asked if she could use the 'advertisement' I made on her page which of course I agreed to.

So I thought put the thing up for grabs for EVERYONE to post on their pages if they wish. with a link to the MrsG's blurb.

cdg_emmy.jpg

Grab away. Use it, don't abuse it. Post wherever you can with a link to the text.

I beg anyone with any site/page/whatever up anywhere who call's themselves a Carmine fan to put this up there and get this out.

Have I guilted youz all enough yet?? :D

Sorry I haven't posted in this thread yet today. Been busy posting at a million random little sites in every corner of the globe. Even spent a nice chunk of time following Crankyjules on a tour of the Australian sites. Again, thanks so much for everything crankyjules.

Beautiful advertisement, crankyjules! With that pic, there's not much I wouldn't do for him and I imagine that's true of all fangirls. :lol:

I had this dream once ... I had one for 24 hours. I didn't want to (whistle) anyone with it, just wanted to play with it. It was an extraordinarily good dream But I woke up too early That always frikken' happens
Interesting dream. Sorry you woke up before enjoying the fruits of your labor. :lol:

Question: Do any of you belong to FanForum and have more than 500 posts over there? I'm looking for someone who can bring this project over there. I've got exactly zero posts, so fall quite a bit short of the 500 required to start a new thread.

CSILVMiamiNY and CarmineFan - Thanks so much for supporting this project. Carmine deserves it!

I don't really know how to start and there are a lot of words missing in my head so it's hard to write what I have in my head...
For me, sometimes it's easiest to just put everything that's floating around in my head into words in a giant stream of consciousness rambling type thing. Then go back and edit it into something that makes sense. Maybe you could try that. Just write out everything that comes to your mind. Get it all out, then shape into something you're comfortable sending. If you need any help, you can always PM me whatever's in your head and I can help you shape it into a letter.

I'll make that offer to anyone having trouble writing CBS. I have heard a bit of feedback along the lines of, "My English isn't good enough to write CBS." I've never had trouble understanding any of you. I'm quite certain everyone here can convey their thoughts adequately, but anyone with hesitations along those lines can feel free to send me a copy of their letter. I'll happily correct any spelling or grammatical issues and send it back to you. But really, your letters don't have to be perfect. They just need to convey your love of Carmine's work and ask CBS to do everything in its power to support Carmine come Emmy nomination campaign time.

OK, thanks, MrsG and Crankyjules for the words of inspiration. I have posted both the letter and that awesome pic on one of my blogs, so hopefully someone or two will read them. :)

MrsGiovinazzo said:
Interesting dream. Sorry you woke up before enjoying the fruits of your labor. :lol:
Not half as sorry as I am LOL! I kept hoping it would be a recurring dream and I could work it through to its, um, resolution, but it never did return :(

Bullet_Girl said:
should I put it on my front page? lol
I know my site is icky at the moment, and it's a vegas theme site and it's still under constuction, but what do ya say? and the link is to the start of this thread, isn't it?
Yes to the front page, and yes to the link to here!! You've got the start of a nice site there :)

MrsGiovinazzo said:
I don't really know how to start and there are a lot of words missing in my head so it's hard to write what I have in my head...
For me, sometimes it's easiest to just put everything that's floating around in my head into words in a giant stream of consciousness rambling type thing. Then go back and edit it into something that makes sense. Maybe you could try that. Just write out everything that comes to your mind. Get it all out, then shape into something you're comfortable sending.

Tha's exactly what I'm doing. I've written a whole big spiel that, at the moment, doesn't make much sense at all but I keep going back to it, adding and editing bits so that, hopefully, it'll eventually make sense. That process seems to take the pressure out of writing 'the perfect document' first time as far as I'm concerned.

I think this is a brilliant idea and this is my contribution:

Dear CBS,

I am well aware that the Emmy nominations are due soon and I would like you to support my favorite show, CSI:NY and the talented Carmine Giovinazzo.

CSI:NY is increasing in popularity, as shown by the amazing increase in its ratings this season. It is no longer the poor relation in the CSI franchise and should receive more attention from you. Despite the lack of promotion, the show is gaining respect and a noticeable following.

This is due in no uncertain terms to the talented cast and Mr. Giovinazzo in particular. It is time he received some recognition and it is my humble opinion that he should receive a nomination for Best Supporting Actor. I refer in particular to this season's episode 'Raising Shane' in which he demonstrated an acting talent of incredible stature as he portrayed a range of emotions not often seen on television. This episode should definitely be considered for an Emmy nomination. The writing was incredibly good, the whole cast turned in stellar performances and Carmine Giovinazzo's character, Danny Messer, although not the focus of the storyline, completely stole the show with his final scene when he confronted the villain, played brilliantly by guest star Edward Furlong.

I would really like to see CBS step up and promote this episode and Mr. Giovinazzo for an Emmy award. He has earned it and is most deserving of consideration.

Sincerely

Back