NCIS thread #3 - Shutting up now, Boss

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by nattybatty55, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What should we call it?!?

1. Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I need a coffee

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. On it Boss

28 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Ya Think?!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Shutting up now Boss

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. CSI! No the term's NCIS

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. 'We just shoot men who are un true'

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 'Gibbs, Caf-pow please!'

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. 'Don't drop the boss' coffee!'

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Gibb's Gang

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Talking Jethro, and not the one from Beverly Hillbillies

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  12. There's more to CBS besides CSI

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Never Be Unreachable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Never take anything for granted

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Never date a coworker

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Always work as a team

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  18. 'How'd you get your boat out Gibbs?'

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della

Della Police Officer

...I'm not sure if my thoughts on "Stakeout" are considered as spoilers but just in case...

Hmm, slightly disappointing all told. I’m not a fan of blatant recycling of storylines, such as Ziva David thinking Tony was going to pay her back for the joke with the binoculars. Some of it seemed like déjà vu, almost word for word. So that was irritating rather than entertaining for me.

Also, the tit-for-tat between Tony/McGee and Tony/David was bordering on irritating too for me, though for some unknown reason, McGee and Tony’s run-ins were more forgivable than Tony and Ziva’s, possibly because with McGee not standing for Tony’s pranks showed me just how far McGee has come along since we first saw him.

I did like the conversation between Gibbs and Abby during the stakeout where she was running through what she had got. The subtle way where Gibbs left the screen at the beginning of Abby’s diatribe to check out the van Ziva had spotted and then to return right at the moment when he needed to be there was great and made me chuckle.

...And then Abby and McGee’s chit-chat in the garage where McGee was explaining how he thought the feed to their cameras could have been interrupted was great too. Abby’s “Can I be Gibbs?” made me giggle. Also her spidey-sense when she thought Gibbs was right behind her didn’t let her down, only he stayed in the elevator. LOL! Nice and different.

As for the murder itself. It was completely uninteresting. It was nice that Tony got to show his worth as an investigator, but the bristly cop routine when they first meet is ooooooollllllllld to say the least. Ziva’s reaction to Tony getting on with the cop was irritating as well. Yes, us women can, at times, become jealous, but it’s not as though they are romantically involved. Someone really should give Ziva David the old spiel of “There’s plenty more fish in the sea” and get her to find her own beau... Sorry Tiva shippers – Hmm, thinking about it, I wonder if there are any shippers that I don’t feel the need to apologise to – chuckle.

In all honesty, I don’t mind Abby/McGee, Caitlyn/Tony, De Palmer/Lee or Gibbs/Mann, but the rest, I dunno maybe they’ll grow on me. Sorry...

The blood tests Ducky was doing was intriguing. I’m not entirely sure he was doing them for Jen Shephard though. I mean, why would Jen Shephard ask Ducky to run them for her anyway? Unless Ducky is under orders from the Agency to run them behind her back, but then how would he get a blood sample from her without her knowing? I have a feeling that maybe Ducky let Gibbs run with his suspicions, thereby he wouldn’t be lying to Gibbs. All in all though, what prompted Ducky to run the tests in the first place?

The most scariest thought I had was that the blood samples were Gibbs', because Ducky would stick his neck that far out for him, and he would also be that shook up about the results too. Eeeep!!!!!

But anyway, would Abby be able to determine if the samples were male or female? *shrug*

Aaaanyway, that aside, as for the episode as a whole, it was a little disappointing and a little irritating in places for me, but with a couple of bright sparks here and there.

Still, I’m not so disappointed that I’ll never watch it again, unlike how I feel about CSI Miami, s’just there were a couple of elements that were missing for me, almost like everyone was trying to get back into the groove of things again, and missed. Or maybe I was just projecting that? :)

Still, I can't wait for the remaining episodes of this season, if only to see just whose blood samples Ducky was checking, and hopefully be told why he was checking them out.

:)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  2. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

Did anyone else have a CSI flashback? Half of Nikki's department is down with the flu? And McGee is building models?
    Sounds familiar?

That case was totally confusing...and the Ducky backstory with the blood was even more confusing.
    I'll have to rewatch it tomorrow to get to the finer points...

3. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

^^^ No flashback on this side. I don't follow it anymore since Grissom lost his beard :lol:

Just a quick review of the ep. I had not so many issues with the humor in the episode. McGee standing up to Tony with the scrambled eggs, :thumbsup: way to go. Tiva, always in for fun, althoug a headslap from Gibbs would've been welcome :p The case, okay it wasn't the best, but who knows it can only get better. As for Ducky's behaviour, interesting. And Gibbs' interest in Jenny... promising. The only thing that really bugged me was the cliffhanger. :devil: Can't wait for the next episode

4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Yes I had a couple of CSI flashbacks. You wonder with CSI and NCIS all shooting at the same studio if there really was a flu bug going around and it kept getting written in the script :)

I loved the practical jokes :guffaw:particularly the old black shoe polish on the binocular eye pieces :guffaw:and the Bite Me comment that McGee made to tony while the hooker was behind him :guffaw:

5. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I thought the part when Ziva fell off her chair was the funniest thing I've ever seen on NCIS. Seriously, the way Tony just went on like nothing happened was hilarious. The whole banter between Tony and Ziva was great. Loved the binoculars, too. And the whole scrambled eggs thing made me smile. I love the courageous McGee.

I was quite bummed, though, that it was a cliff hanger. I really want to know what's going on with Jen. I loved the fact that Gibbs seemed concerned about her. But that's just the Jibbs in me talking.

Since the source is saying a "series regular- a major cast member-" what does that mean? I mean, Palmer is in almost every episode and he's a regular. I guess Fornell could be considered one, too. And so could Jeanne because she was in almost every episode last season, so what, exactly is the definition?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  6. MarineGirl#1

Now that's the beauty of the defination. It's hard to get... you can define it any way you want. So it could be anyone, maybe even the actors don't know who like last time :guffaw:But... it's surely gonna be dramatic. And if was Jenny, I would be terribly dissapointed. :(

7. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I really hope it's not, either. But, I have to say that it iwould not be that huge of a twist if it ended up being Jenny. I've looked at a million different threads all over the internet and everyone's number one choice is Jenny. I guess if it is her, the writers think it's going to be bigger than it really will be.

8. MarineGirl#1

Well we're just gonna have to sit it out and wait. :devil: Meantime I've read the spoiler about the next ep 'In The Zone'. Don't wanna know, don't read! :devil:
    Who am I telling this? We all click :guffaw::guffaw:

STORY LINE: A war zone may provide good coverage for murder, but the NCIS team is quick to realize that CAPTAIN JOHN RANKIN was not simply the random victim of a mortar attack. Soon Tony and Nikki are making their way to Baghdad to find out what really happened, and why...

[MARINE MAJOR IKE VARNAI] Early 40s, physically fit, authoritative and tough, he has been stationed in Iraq for some time and he appears weary from his long tour. Varnai becomes Tony and Nikki's "handler" during their brief stay in Baghdad while investigating the murder of an Marine Captain. Brusque in manner, with little time for idle chatter, Major Varnai is a practical, coldly aloof man who is clearly more than a little anxious to get back Stateside and be with his family. Not eager to help with the investigation, he considers the whole of Iraq a crime scene. Under a great deal of stress and world-weary with a decided cynicism, he becomes a suspect... SPTV050769. GUEST LEAD - MARINE HAIRCUT REQUIRED, ANY ETHNICITY

[KELVIN BRAITHWAITE] Mid to late 30s, cocky and overconfident, he is an investment opportunist, a sleazy businessman who had struck a proposition with Marine Captain John Rankin, currently doing a tour of duty in Iraq. Eager to make a killing on a land deal, he is the prime suspect when Rankin is killed... GUEST STAR

[GEORGE STENNER] Mid to late 30s, a bookish, nervous, ordinary kind of guy who you wouldn't think twice about, he is the owner of a small soil testing company, clearly uneasy when he is questioned by Gibbs (Mark Harmon) about his association with Marine Captain Rankin. Physically ill with nerves, he seems, nonetheless, honest and cooperative... GUEST STAR

[DINA RANKIN] Late 20s to early 30s, beautiful, intelligent and educated, she is the widow of the late Marine Captain John Rankin, murdered in Iraq. Obviously distraught, but still well-spoken and clear-headed, she feels certain that Kelvin Braithwaite is the man behind the hit on her husband. She explains to Gibbs that her husband was man who trusted his instincts. When he failed to mail
    back a contract sent to him by Braithwaite, she sensed something was terribly wrong... GUEST STAR

[MARINE SERGEANT JIM GILROY] Late 20s, physically fit and tough. Currently assigned to Iraq, he is first seen playing basketball with Marine Captain Rankin at the time he is killed, apparently from a mortar attack. He is confused to learn that Rankin was singled out, and tells Tony that Rankin was very well liked, and a good man... GUEST STAR, MARINE HAIRCUT REQUIRED, ANY ETHNICITY

[ALLAN HAYES] Late 20s, a U.S. citizen, he is a scruff, civilian construction worker for AQB in Baghdad. A man with a police record, he was being investigated for making bribes to people in the International Zone. It seems one of the those "bribes" may have been a hit fee, a payment to take out a certain uncooperative party... GUEST STAR, ANY ETHNICITY

[JAMAIL] Legal 18 to play 15, Iraqi, intelligent and kind, this boy is Nikki's contact while in Iraq. A sweet kid, he is delighted to see Nikki, happy to help with her investigation. We later learn it was his father who had helped save the life of Nikki's brother, a Marine who has spent time in Iraq... GUEST STAR (47) MUST SPEAK FLUENT ARABIC AND ENGLISH

[MARINE CAPTAIN JOHN RANKIN] Early 30s, handsome, physically fit, he is a real estate investor, worth millions. A real success story and a good man, he is a reserve officer, currently serving in Iraq. He is murdered, and the killing is made to appear as a random mortar attack...MUST BE ABLE TO PLAY BASKETBALL, MUST BE WILLING TO LAY NAKED ON AN AUTOPSY TABLE, MARINE HAIRCUT REQUIRED

[HAMIDA] 30s to 50s, an Iraqi janitor in Baghdad, she is able to communicate with Nikki about her co-worker who has gone missing... POSSIBLE GUEST STAR, MUST SPEAK FLUENT ARABIC

[IRAQI WOMAN] Late 40s to 60s, this frightened, older Iraqi woman is wailing about her missing son, terrified that he will be murdered... MUST SPEAK SOME ARABIC

[TWO IRAQI MILITIAMEN] 20s to 40s, unshaven, nervous and intense, these men are keeping watch and protecting their homes and neighborhoods... MUST SPEAK SOME ARABIC

[NURSE] 20s to 30s, female, this kindly nurse in a veteran's hospital tells Nikki that her brother, who is in a coma, is the "same as ever."... ANY ETHNICITY

[TABINA] 9-13 years old, Iraqi, adorably cute and shy, this little girl throws her arms around Nikki to show her appreciation... SOME ARABIC PREFERABLE

9. Jacquie

For those that are interested Mark Harmon is listed as a guest on Jay Leno's show tonight :)

10. MarineGirl#1

Oh God Jacqui :eek: Somebody, please please upload on You Tube :devil::devil::devil: *puppy face*

11. Jacquie

CSISenna I have got no idea how to do that but I'm sure given a day or two and someone will have uploaded it somewhere :)

12. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

NBC and FOX networks have a website for legally downloading whole episodes from some shows and clips from others. It is at www.hulu.com and they have a page for the Tonight Show. Not sure how long it would be before being added to the site, maybe a day or two.

13. MarineGirl#1

Ow thank you Dynamo, two more bookmarks to add :devil::devil: You've been a great help.

14. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I just read in the new tv guide someones leaving NCIS. Of course this has been rumored for quite sometime but I really hope it's Lauren Holly. They really have not used her character at all since joining the show. As much as Tonys gone back to being the butthead he's always been since Jean I hope it really isn't him but time will tell I guess. LOL

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

That was mentioned in this thread over a week ago IN SPOILER CODE so that it would not ruin it for some members who did not want to know until the actor's exit was aired in an episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.