NCIS: Los Angeles

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by E/C Lover, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I loved this episode!! Deeks hast fast become my favorite ever since Hand to Hand in Season 1. It was totally cool to see a different side to Deeks, and I really liked seeing how the rest of the team viewed him as "Max". I knew he couldn't always be the token goofy character, and I'm really glad they have toned it down a bit. I think ECO is really stretching himself as an actor.

It was a great storyline, and I really thought Ray was dead in the beginning, until Deeks slowly strolled off eating an apple. That was so out of character, I knew something was up. They had me fooled at the end though, I really thought Ray died the second time, and was relieved he didn't.

The "Wikipedia" joke was great, not one I'll soon forget :lol:

I also think that Deeks and Kensi will have "a thing" eventually ;)

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. napoliten

napoliten Victim

*SPAM*

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
  3. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Amazing episode.

I honestly thought Ray and Jenna had died at the end! I also got a little choked when he said his goodbyes to Deeks. It was really good to see a different side to his character.

Loved the 'Wikipedia' gag - I can see that running and running.

There's a really nice dynamic to this show. Everything just seems to work.

4. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

As soon as I saw their car disappear briefly from view, I figured there was a switch being pulled *somewhere*. Although originally when they'd said that Jenna would be protected if anything happened to Ray, I'd figured that he'd deliberately let himself get killed to make sure she'd be okay.

Still don't like the original 'fake death' scene. I know they wanted to shock us, but Deeks acting so casual after Ray was 'shot', was just a bit ridiculous, especially with all the TV cameras around.

5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

^ Yeah I agree with the first 'death'. I really bought it until Deeks walked off eating the apple.

6. Hatal

Hatal Victim

After last weeks episode and Hetty.... I really wonder what they will do this week. I'll be rather upset if the core cast switches yet again.

7. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

They have actually done a lot of cast changes on NCIS LA. Macy, Dom, Nate, replaced by Hetty, Deeks, Nell.

Unless TPTB are complete idiots - or Linda Hunt didn't want to continue - I can't see them losing Hetty. (and if they *do* replace her with this new character, it will surely be as a result of Hollywood ageism)

8. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I hope they don't get rid of Hetty unless it was Linda Hunt's decision. I LOVE Hetty, she's awesome.

9. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Really hope Hetty doesn't go unless of course it was Linda Hunt's decision.

We've just seen the arrival of Claire Forlani's character over here in the UK and I'm not a fan. Obviously we've only met her briefly but either the character isn't right or the actress isn't strong enough to make the character work. Just an early observation.

10. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Completely agree with you. Okay, I'll admit that my memories of her as Peyton on CSI NY didn't exactly inspire me with confidence, but I gave her a chance...until she opened her mouth. IMO, she is just not convincing in the role.
    Hetty needs to come back and pronto - unless of course they want to change the theme of the show to Hetty and her team roaming around Europe and working off the boosk...that I could live with!

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

That's where I've seen her! She was familiar but I couldn't place her. Can't say as I've fond of the character either. No matter how much Hetty recomended her for the job she just doesn't seem to fit into the team. Besides they don't seem to listen to her so what good would she be as Hetty's replacement?

Susan

12. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

She tried to get rid of the lilting British accent, but her voice just wasn't tough enough, and it didn't seem natural.
    I guess she'll always be Peyton to me :p

I swear I thought I was gonna die laughing at the faces she made in the shooting range when Callen arrived :guffaw:
    At least I was correct in thinking that she was trying to throw him off how well she could really shoot.

I think/hope that Hetty will eventually return, and that TPTB are just trying to mess with us over the summer and for a few episodes at the start of next season. I can't imagine that LH would be ready to leave the show after only 2 seasons, but I guess you never know.

Exactly! So when they come back from Europe, are they suddenly going to start listening to her? Even Vance just stood aside while they left, although there wasn't much he could do when they turned in their badges and guns. I totally cracked up at Sam's comment about hating having to buy the new guns. :lol:

Also glad to see Deeks go with them, instead of staying behind as some kind of contact along with Eric and Nell. I really love his character, and ECO has become a huge favorite of mine!

All in all, I really liked the finale though. It was apparent that Callen was having flashes of memory, and as Brennan said, it's always about Callen. I I can't wait to see how this plays out!

13. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I saw the "Callen-as-Romanian-orphan" coming once we knew the European connection was about Callen, but never saw the "Hetty-as-relative-of-the-Comescus" on the radar. Makes me wonder if she's Callen's mother or aunt. Given they've gone half way around the world to place the two of them from the same culture, I'd guess we won't get a "Wow, what a coincidence!" ending to this storyline. Can't wait to see where this is going.

14. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I think they left it a bit open as to whether Callen was a relative of the Comescus or of their rivals. I mean, if he's family, then why were they trying to kill him?

As for Hetty being a Comescu, I was thinking more that she infiltrated them years earlier and that was why she had the tattoo.

I'm also thinking that Hetty is going to be beyond pissed when after all her hard work convincing the Comescu's that Callen is dead, bam, in the front door he walks!

15. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

:guffaw: That's for sure! I am so looking forward to season 3.

I agree with your thinking Ceindreadh, you wouldn't ordinarily kill your own family member, unless they thought they were betrayed somehow. One would think he's probably the last member of the rival family, or as another scenario, maybe the Comescu's took him in as an orphan? He was on the Romanian beach as a child at least once obviously. I've watched it twice now, and somehow came away with the assumption the rival family was Czech, since Hetty went to Prague first, but I could be wrong. Maybe a 3rd viewing is necessary :lol:

Hetty definitely could be *undercover* so to speak. The other end of the stick would be that she's a Comescu who came to work for our Government, but I like the infiltration idea better.

I paused the dvr on Hetty's NCIS application, holy cow, the things that she has done! This woman is a treasure! I would not want to be on her bad side :lol: