NCIS: Los Angeles

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by E/C Lover, Jun 26, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That was supposed to say "is now history". I started to type "is not going to be a problem anymore", but decided to shorten it and just forgot to change the "not" to "now" lol.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: TvGuide Online

NCIS: Los Angeles Exclusive: Will Victor Webster Come Between Kensi and Deeks?

Former Charmed and Melrose Place star Victor Webster is set to guest-star on an upcoming episode of NCIS: Los Angeles, and as you can see in this exclusive first look, he might just throw a wrench into the bubbling chemistry between Kensi and Deeks.

Webster plays Stanley King, a world-class thief suspected of several high-end heists. He lands on NCIS' radar after a secure facility housing sensitive materials on a Marine base is compromised. In order to get close enough to keep an eye on King, Kensi (Daniela Ruah) must work alongside him as a savvy thief.

As you might suspect, I'm hearing that Kensi makes quite a connection with Webster's bad boy. Naturally, Deeks (Eric Christian Olsen) isn't keen on watching his partner get so close to another man — but only out of fear for her safety, we're sure.

Coincidentally, Webster is currently presenting himself as an obstacle for another pair of will-they-won't-they procedural partners: Castle and Beckett on ABC's Castle. The actor, who has also appeared on Criminal Minds, Lincoln Heights, and Mutant X, will next star in Scorpion King: Rise of the Dead on the big screen.

NCIS: Los Angeles airs Tuesdays at 9/8c on CBS. Webster's episode, titled "The Job," is slated to air March 29.

3. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

We just had the episode where Moe was killed. SO sad, poor Moe and Sam.

I'm glad they brought Nate back for a while too, I've missed him and also pleased that they've picked up the Callen storyline again.

4. Destiny

Exclusive: NCIS: Los Angeles Blows Up!

It's ice-cream-sundae Thursday on the set of NCIS: Los Angeles, and almost everyone is indulging between takes. Even LL Cool J, who moonlights as a fitness guru. "Hey, you've earned it," a crew member tells the überbuff rapper/action hero, as if he needs anyone's consent for a sugar rush. The collegial atmosphere continues as Chris O'Donnell passes Daniela Ruah and Eric Christian Olsen, who wrapped their roles a half hour ago yet have stuck around to yak over their Ben & Jerry's. "Don't you two have homes?" O'Donnell demands to know, breezing on by before Ruah has a chance to kickbox his behind.

Apparently the lone holdout, O'Donnell hasn't taken any Cherry Garcia to his trailer. But once inside, he nods toward one thing he has allowed himself to indulge in on the Paramount lot: a sense of home. "I finally got some pictures of the kids up," he says, quietly chuckling at his reluctance to accessorize the space. "For Season 1, I was like, I'm not putting anything in my trailer. But now, I thought, I'll put some family pictures up. That's a Season 2 thing."

It's no wonder O'Donnell feels like he might be holding onto that trailer for a while: His show is firmly established as the second most popular scripted series on TV, trailing only NCIS itself, which precedes the spin-off by an hour on CBS. Like the mothership, the newer show has been enjoying a ratings uptick midway through the season. One February episode brought in more than 18 million viewers, the show's biggest tally since the premiere in 2009. It's clear that NCIS: Los Angeles and its audience are into a budding buddy relationship.

The surge is happening at a time when this ostensible ensemble series has cemented the fact that it's really about pairings. There has always been the show's A team, of course, with LL Cool J and O'Donnell as Sam and Callen, classic brothers-in-arms — and tight T-shirts. But thanks to some second-season cast changes, pretty much everyone else except mother hen Hetty (Linda Hunt) has been partnered up, too. Out in the investigative field, Ruah's Kensi and Olsen's Deeks are the B couple — although they earn an A for sexual chemistry. Back at the ranch, the C pair is Barrett Foa and newcomer Renée Felice Smith as cute surveillance geeks Eric and Nell.

As on the original NCIS, maybe only about 10 percent of any episode is given over to pure, plot-free characterization, mostly in the opening and closing bullpen scenes. But it's that 10 percent that hooks the audience just as much as the stunts and explosions and gunplay and saving-the-world stuff. "Chris and I try to understand each other's worlds, and the difference is part of the fun," says LL Cool J. "A kid from Queens and a kid from the north side of Chicago are probably not gonna meet, unless it's on Facebook or something. Those roads just don't cross. But this shows you how cultures can merge and how people can meet and connect."

There is a certain comfort-food aspect to seeing these very different characters get along so well. And while the spin-off is very much NCIS: Casual Dress, that informality plays against the fact that these agents rarely stoop to investigating mere dead sailors. They're much more likely to be saving the world, or at least Malibu, from terrorists. In the March 22 episode, Callen and Sam go undercover to prevent the assassination of a Venezuelan politician. As O'Donnell puts it, "In any real agent's career, what we do each week would be a highlight-of-their-career type thing. But hey, it's TV."

"Chris has that absolutely right," says exec producer Shane Brennan. "To spin off such a successful and much-loved show, it became apparent that it had to be familiar but different, so I decided to make NCIS: Los Angeles a show with a much stronger narrative drive. Stories move more quickly, and there's often a ticking clock, so by the time you hit that fourth act, there's a real imperative to stop something or save someone."

What's coming up on NCIS: Los Angeles?

ADAM: Look for the team to work a protection detail -- only they'll be trying to keep the bad guy safe. The show is looking for an actor to play a lifelong criminal who is as charming as he is talented at building high-end custom guns. He also happens to be the government's key witness in an arms trafficking case — which is precisely why someone wants him dead.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I've got to say, this has quickly become my favourite thing to watch.

I can't believe there was ever a time when I was unsure about Deeks and having him as a regular, now I couldn't image the show without him!

Great show, great cast and great writing. I can see why it's such a big hit.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Really good episode last night. I loved Callen and Sam teasing Deeks about his concern for Kensi.

7. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I love this show :cool: Sometimes even more than the original NCIS.

Last weeks ep was really good. It was so funny when Deeks and Kensi were trying to interrogate Bobby and he asked asked them if they'd been shot before. I was thinking of Deeks and saying "Yes!" to the TV, lol. I loved the way Kensi and Deeks looked at each other, it really showed how much they think of each other.

Looking forward to tomorrow night's episode, although I am sad to think of the season being so close to the end!

8. GregNickRyanFan

Does anyone know when the next new episode airs? There wasn't a preview after last week's episode.

9. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

The next 2 weeks are definitely reruns, and as far as I know, the next new episode will air on May 3rd, which makes it #22. We are lucky to be getting 24 eps of NCIS LA this season, which is what I was originally hoping for with CSI.

10. Destiny

Note to Mods: I am putting the following story in both this and the LA thread because it has to do with both shows, and you never know who watches which or both, but this way they are getting the info.

NCIS Creator Suing CBS Over NCIS: LA

NCIS creator Don Bellisario has filed a lawsuit against CBS, seeking unspecified damages for not profiting from the creation of NCIS: LA, Deadline reports.

The complaint, filed at the Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday, claims Bellisario was not given the first opportunity to develop and participate in the NCIS: LA spin-off, and thus has not profited from it.

Bellisario was let go from NCIS in 2007. Shane Brennan took up the reins on the series and created the NCIS: LA series. NCIS is a spin-off of JAG, which was also created by Bellisario.

"Pursuant to the first opportunity provisions of Plaintiffs' contracts with CBS, CBS is contractually obligated to compensate Bellisario for NCIS:LA, including a percentage of its profits as well as a certain fixed compensation," the lawsuit says.

In response to the lawsuit, CBS released a statement. "Don Bellisario has no rights to what he is claiming in this suit. The contract is clear, the facts are undeniable and the courts won't need Naval intelligence to conclude that the case has no merit. We continue to honor all of our obligations to Mr. Bellisario under the actual agreement."

11. ni4sagas

ni4sagas Victim

*Spam*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
  12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I really hope that CBS can settle this and that it won't impact on the show.

13. GregNickRyanFan

^ Me too.

Last night's ep was pretty good. Got tickled at the guy calling Kensi "Wikipedia" and then Callen doing it lol. Laughed at the end when Deeks was saying "there is no thing". Kensi kind of looked jealous when Deeks kissed that girl though.

14. luf100

luf100 Coroner

When I was watching that episode I was wondering if I had missed something that happened between Kensi and Deeks (because I missed a few episodes) because she looked like she was mad, sad, and super jealous when Deeks kissed that woman.

I don't really ship anyone in this show but it looks like they're definitely gonna go for a Deeks/Kensi relationship sooner rather than later, maybe next season? Scenes like that make it kind of obvious.

I liked the rest of the episode too, I love Deeks so I love Deeks-centric episodes. I'm glad there was a happy ending. :)

15. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

They got me at the end when his friend turned out to be alive after the car blew up. I really thought he was a goner when he said he volunteered against Deeks' better judgement.