NASCAR

Congrats to Kenseth and his team for winning! Great job you guys. I'm glad Jimmie finished 2nd, maintaining the points lead, and I'm glad everyone wasn't on his back this week as much as last. Come on #48, make this the year!

Also, congrats to Biffle for winning the Busch race and for leading most of the time this week.

HoratioAndMe said:
Anyway, I'm just loving all the fresh NASCAR commercials. Especially the one where Gordon, Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, and Dale Jr. are toasting their glasses and then pour it on their heads and Jr. says, "Let's eat." :lol:

Did anyone notice that Dale Jr. has a bottle of Budweiser sitting next to his champagne glass? I guess he's implying that is was his sponsor's product he was dumping over his head!! :D I've seen the commerical multiple times now, but I just noticed that tonight.

I also love the UPS commercial where Sadler gets in the truck and does a burnout... then DJ says "Get outta my truck!". :lol:

I also love the UPS commercial where Sadler gets in the truck and does a burnout... then DJ says "Get outta my truck!".

Heh...I love that one too! :lol: Oh, and Denny Hamlin bump drafting on his lawn mower also.

Ugh...I felt so bad for Brian Vickers when he got that speeding penalty. He had a good car, but could never make that lap up. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but before that last caution came out he was able to keep within several car lengths of Matt. I can't help but wonder how much farther up in the finishing order he could have placed had he been able to get that lap back.

Congrats to Kasey for finishing 4th! :D And to Casey Mears for finishing 7th...it's wonderful to see him running so well these first couple of races.

I love NASCAR. I've been a fan since 1988 but this year is a little tough for me because I have been a Rusty Wallace fan for all of those years. :( It was hard seeing the #2 car and knowing it wasn't Rusty. I wish they would have given it a new paint scheme. But oh well, I'll get used to it and next year he will be an announcer and I'll be happy with that. :)

Aside from Rusty, my favorite drivers are Dale Jr and Elliott Sadler. Actually, I like a lot of them...like Thumpy said earlier...it would take too long to list or something like that. It's been a long time since I've been in this thread. Glad to be back...it's quite entertaining.

HoratioAndMe I LOVE your avatar!!! :D

ok I didnt get to see the race yesterday but congrats to Jimmie on finishing 2nd! But I miss Chad sooooo much! *cries* I support Darian and the team too of course ;) but I just miss my Chad... lol. Anyway congrats on Kasey getting a top 5 too! Jeff and Brian didnt seem to have their good days but oh well.

Good to see more team #48 fans posting, Hungry4TheWolfe. And please, you guys call me Sherry. :D
Thanks for the comment re my avvy. I've got tons of just about every driver. I, myself, will be keeping a NASCAR related icon all season for good luck. :) Afterall, there's a lot of superstition going around in the sport today, maybe it's time we fans got that way. ;)

I really missed Chad at Fontana and Daytona. Him and J.J have a really great bond on/off the track. I've even heard them refer to each other as 'brother' a couple of times when I was listening to their radio on Nascar.com last season.

Wow, So much has happend since I've been on vacation! I watched the Cali race from NASCAR Cafe...so that was cool.
:) Anyways...I agree. It's awesome to come to a place where there are no driver bashers. Us Tony Stewart fans ALMOST hear as much crap as you Jeff Gordon/J.J. fans do. Going to a race is so much fun, but it's horrible that some people can't let you be. So what if you like someone they don't, grow up...that's life.. LOL..and I'll admit, I used to be a HUGE J.J. fan(well, he was my second fav)..I even have hats/shirts stuff like that...but to be honest, (this is weird) I stopped pulling for him(at the track) because the fans at LMS got on my nerves! Oh you only like him bc you know he's gonna win...blah blah, GET OVER IT. So I just started wearing my 20 and 8 stuff...LOL.I still like him though! :) Congrats to him and his team for over-comming the penelty and winning the 500. (That's a little late)

*drools at Sherry's avy* ummm Chad!!! I'm not going to any races this year, actually I've never been to one, BUT I am planning on going to see Chad at the Nascar Performance taping at Bristol. Woohoo I can't wait and hehe who knows what may happen if I see Chad. ;) Actually I know I'll freeze up but anyway...

Hi and welcome to the Nascar thread Hummer! :D

yep gonna get that taken care of, havent decided on what I want him to sign but I'll think of something lol. But most importantly I just want to meet and talk with him. ;)

I'm probably gonna get slammed for this...but I'm new to the boards...and I just happened to see this thread...
I LOVE NASCAR...(actually, anything with wheels and a motor)...and my favorite driver is...
(Please don't hate me...)

Welcome to Talk CSI and the NASCAR thread, WickedThird! :D

And don't worry, no one will slam you for liking Jeff. I like him myself, and I know we have other Jeff Gordon fans here too. :) We don't driver bash in this thread. ;) Hope you enjoy posting here with us.

Oh...my guys are Elliott Sadler, Brian Vickers, and Kasey Kahne. There are lots more that I like, but those three are my favorites.

Hey WickedThird no need to be afraid because I am a proud Jeff Gordon fan myself! :D I've been a fan of his for like 10 years now and I still love him today no matter what people say. ;) So welcome to the thread and I hope you stay and talk with us, we love having other fans in here.

I also like Jimmie Johnson (CHAD!!!! yes I love The Chad), Brian Vickers, Kasey Kahne, Jon Wood (busch series), and Aric Almirola (truck series)

Back