NASCAR

Anyone have predictions for the next race? Mine is always Jimmie :D

Well, the next race is Talladega, and the restrictor plate tracks are always the hardest to predict, absolutley anything can happen....

As long as Elliott keeps all 4 of his tires on the ground at all times, I will be happy. ;)

Well, the next race is Talladega, and the restrictor plate tracks are always the hardest to predict, absolutley anything can happen....

That is absolutely correct. Sometimes the drivers with the longest shot to win any race win at restrictor plate tracks because of the unpredictability. I'd imagine now that Junior is back with Tony Eury, Jr. he might one of the strong cars. It would be great if Rusty could win. I don't think he's ever won a restrictor plate race.

As long as Elliott keeps all 4 of his tires on the ground at all times, I will be happy.

I second this one. But it seems the only time he does this is in the fall Talledega race. He manages to stay on all 4 tires in the spring race.

Ok so this weekend is Charlotte and I'm picking Jimmie because its "his house" ;) LOL But who knows what will happen looking at the outcome of the testing there....

But who knows what will happen looking at the outcome of the testing there....

Oh man...ain't that the truth, they had guys wrecking right and left durning testing. I hope that rumor I heard about them possibly running restrictor plates at Charlotte is just that....a rumor. Although, I guess if it'd been true, we'd have heard an announcement by now.

WOO HOO HOO!!! Lowe's is Jimmie's house once again!! :D

Wow that was a wild race, more tame than the Busch from last night, but still... all those tires

Ok...I've discovered more NASCAR fans in the Miami forum, and to keep us from going off topic in there, I'm bumping this up. :p

I've said this early in the thread, but I'll go ahead and repeat it. I've been a NASCAR fan since late 1997, and I watch all 3 main series, Nextel Cup, Busch Series, and Craftsman Truck Series.

My absolute favorite drivers are Elliott Sadler, Brian Vickers, and Kasey Kahne. I'm also a fan of Bobby Labonte, Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson, Casey Mears...lots more too. :D

YAY! ThumpyG42- you're the best! :p

I have been a NASCAR fan for as long as I can remember. I go to every race at Lowe's Motor Speedway(I only live about 30min from there). I like so many drivers, it's hard for me to keep up with them.... :lol: BUT my fav is Tony Stewart! I also like Martin Truex Jr, David Stremme, Dale Jr, Kevin Harvick, Robby Gordon, and Kasey Kahne...oh yea, and Elliott Sadler is the ONLY Ford driver I like... :D

I could go on for hours about NASCAR... :rolleyes: so I'll just shut it for now ;)

Oh and that last race you guys were talking about, in oct...I was there too!!! :D

I go to every race at Lowe's Motor Speedway(I only live about 30min from there).

Lucky you! :lol: I live in Arkansas so to get to a Cup race is a big, expensive ordeal for me. I've only been to two. The fall Atlanta race in 2000, and the Coke 600 in Charlotte in 2004. I've been to quite a few Busch and Truck races at Memphis Motorsports Park, I live a couple hours away.

Gosh...is it Speedweeks yet? My racing appetite got whetted when they had preseason testing on awhile back...I am sooooo ready for the season to get underway again.

3 Sunday's from now is the Daytona 500!!! Whoo! I'm so ready too! Cool you were at the 600 in 04...is that the year it rained and everybody got stuck? :confused: I think it is. I promised myself I wouldn't go back after that..BUT I DID, of course. :rolleyes:

.is that the year it rained and everybody got stuck?

No...I don't recall it raining that time, I was gonna say that Jimmie Johnson won, but then I realized that wouldn't help narrow it down any. It did when we were in Atlanta, the race was postponed until Monday, I was just glad that I'd made arrangements to be off that day and Tuesday as well.

3 Sundays away? I like that better than 'x' amount of days left...makes it seem like a shorter amount of time...not to mention we have the Twin 125's....no wait those are 150 miles races now, right? Plus, the Bud Shootout, and the Busch and Truck races all coming up...ahhhhh, I'm getting excited! :D

No...I don't recall it raining that time, I was gonna say that Jimmie Johnson won, but then I realized that wouldn't help narrow it down any.

:lol: The JJ comment has me laughing, your right, it wouldn't narrow it down, he could lose all four wheels and blow up AND still win LMS. :eek: I looked at my tickets(yes, I've kept every ticket from every pole night, busch race, truck race, and cup race) and that was 2003, cause I got a bumper sticker in the mail and it said "I survied the Coke 600" :lol: Funny...Anywho...

3 Sundays away? I like that better than 'x' amount of days left...makes it seem like a shorter amount of time...not to mention we have the Twin 125's....no wait those are 150 miles races now, right? Plus, the Bud Shootout, and the Busch and Truck races all coming up...ahhhhh, I'm getting excited! :D

I love it when they number the weeks instead of days too..I'm so freakin' excited, it's not even funny! :D

Have you met any drivers? I've met several....including Tony Stewart(x2), Robby Gordon(like 4 or 5 times), Rusty Wallace, Kurt Busch, Kevin Harvick, Michael Waltrip...and a few more, I can't remember... :confused:

:D WHOOO HORRAY FOR NASCAR...(sorry :rolleyes:)

Here are my some pics, if ya wanna see...

Tony Stewart...Bass Pro Shop, Concord Mills Mall, Concord NC

Robby Gordon. Oct 2004 LMS

kasey kahne fan here. uh huh pictures all over my room matchbox replica's uh huh yea. dork woooohoo

Back