NASCAR

First congrats to Tony for winning at track he's wanted to win at since he was younger. Although I'm bummed, that has to be one of the coolest things.

I missed the end of the race b/c I had to come into work and while I had the broadcast playing over the internet, I had it turned down b/c a supervisor was here. I happened to catch the end when Tony won. I found where Elliott finished on nascar.com and I was a bit worried when I looked at finishing order & didn't find him until 32nd place. And I was a bit shocked when he fell to 12th place.

On a happier note, I did get to meet Elliott at the meet & greet this past week in West Chester, Ohio.

I was hearing that it was going to be Matt Kenseth that was going to jump from Roush Racing to Penske racing.

But my question is, Who is going to drive the #2 car for next season.

Kind of the same question as how is going to drive the #6 car in 2006 too?

Both these cars have drivers that are going to be in the car in 2007 but what's going to happen in 2006. Grrr.

The last I heard was that Jack Roush was hoping Mark would stay one more season to drive the 6 car, since Chip Ganassi won't let Jamie out of his contract early.

I thought maybe once Rusty retires I'd be a fan of the new driver, but after this, no way.

My mother is quite distressed by this news as well...she's not at all happy about it.

My parents were a bit surprised, but it didn't really bother them (unlike me. Of course my dad kept asking me questions I didn't know the answer too.) My dad's not really a fan of a certain driver anymore & for my mom, as long as Junior stays put, she doesn't really care.

In the article I read (which I can't seem to find anywhere tonight), Ryan Newman made the comment about how he can't wait to have Kurt as a teammate. I haven't liked Ryan for a few years after incidents with Elliott & Rusty and after that comment, I think he just fell a bit further down on my list.

Yeah....Rusty is my Mom's guy and she said earlier how now she can't even root for the car once he retires now. I feel bad for her.

Yes congrats to Matt Kenseth on his win. It was nice to see him win since he hasn't in awhile. (But I was kinda tired of hearing his name by the end of the night.) I was slightly disappointed towards the end of the race when Elliott fell back with a tire rub and Rusty fell back b/c of old tires.

Is it wrong to say that my favorite part of the race was when Dale Jarrett bumped Ryan Newman? :D I kind of enjoyed that part.

Hopefully Elliott can repeat at California this week and climb back into the top 10. Of course if he would win I wouldn't get to see it since I have to work (just like last year).

I was slightly disappointed towards the end of the race when Elliott fell back with a tire rub and Rusty fell back b/c of old tires.

Me too...but at least he had a decent run this time, I was thankful for that.

Hopefully Elliott can repeat at California this week and climb back into the top 10.

That would be beyond awesome! I'm hoping for that as well. :)

Back