Movies that Traumatized You!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by quoth_the_raven, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

You have a lovely banner Speedslady, but unfortunately it is a little too large. Banners should be no larger than 200 x 75 pixels. Could you please adjust it accordingly?

2. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Ahaha. I saw this thread and I have to post.

Ghost Ship actually scared the shit out of me. I love scary movies and my friend said she saw it with her mom and it was soo scary..and only rated pg 8.. Yeah, that's not actually a rating. :lol: But I believed her and I was only in gr. 5 so I told my mom it was pg 8 and she got it for me. :devil: Stupid. Idea. I couldn't sleep for weeks after seeing that.

Another movie was S.I.C.K (Serial Insane Clown Killer...:lol:) It was just so gross and sick. Once again I was way too young. I'm still too young, actually, lol.

Hostel scared me too, but the whole first hour is just about sex :rolleyes: The actual scary part is well.. really scary. I can't wait to see Hostel 2! On dvd of course since I can't get in theatres. :(

The Grudge still scares me! :p I think it should have been rated higher then PG for... scary scenes. :lol: I was so scared that when I went to bed the creature thing was going to be under the covers.

OMG yes. Me too. I find it so creepy because of that whole thing about how all your actions lead up to your death. After I watched those I was always saying things like, "I wonder if I should do this, because it's leading up to my death." I was soo paranoid. :eek:

The Ring was so scary too! I still remember how that girl who died in the closet looked. Very creepy. And how the girl crawls through the tv. I sound like a dork now cause I've listed like 10 movies!

3. Dakota

Dakota Victim

IT - I still can't stand clowns...
    Remind me to thank Stephen King... ;)

4. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

I am so easily scared and creeped out, i have no idea why i bother watching movies :lol:

ok so probably...

My little eye, i watched it with my friends Ali and Levon, and i actually cryed. I was terrifyed and like, scarred for life.

the exorsism of Emily Rose, i watched it with my little sister Chels my mom and my dad and i was so scared that me and Chels slept in my mom and dads room. The sounds she made (Emily Rose) and the way she moved just really creeped me out.

House of wax, despite the fact that Paris Hilton was in it, it still scared me..my friends spent about an hour laughing while i was sitting there shaking.

Night Listener, just gave me a creepy feeling, like someone was watching me.

5. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Okay all fixed (I hope heehee) sorry I normally use the same sig for all the forums I'm a member of. ;)

6. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

I remember another one that tramatized me, it was "The Fog", the original, not the remake. I remember thinking something was going to get me in the Fog. :eek: :eek:

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I was about 3 or so when Child's Play came out and for some reason my mom and dad let me watch the movie. Chuckie scared the crap out of me, and they knew it. But that didn't stop my dad from buying one of these dolls that looked like the Good Guy dolls that came out around the same time. That doll gives me chills just thinking about the way it used to make me feel, I'd throw it away, hide it outside and it would still find it's way back in my room. Back then, I didn't know any better and thought that it was Chuckie and he came back to my room. So yeah, Child's Play scares me.

8. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

I could see how that would bother you. My son who was younger when he watched it, had a doll called "My Buddy". Well after he seen that movie, he threw it out in the garbage because he thought it would kill him.

But being 18 now, he laugh's about it. :D

9. althea

althea Lab Technician

I work a lot at night and one evening someone gave me the grudge to watch i decided screw work I'll just sit at my desk pretend to be working and watch the grudge instead. BAD MOVE! I was so freaked out I couldn't move to go to the bathroom I work in a really creepy kind of building well I only noticed that of course when I was done watching it. Until this day I can't get into our goods elevator alone. I'm so sad, ha ha. Now if i want to kill time at work I rather hang out here or play solitaire!

10. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

I can watch some pretty sick films, all they do is make me laugh, cause im just weird like that. Saw doesnt bother me, which I think is pretty sick.
    Although when I was about 10 I watched "the hole", I know it is not scary now but I could not sleep for weeks, it was such a horrible film, obvoiusly hasnt scarred me for life as I love horrors but I would not watch it again. I think as the film was mostly set in the dark, it made it more scary than it appeared!

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Definitely Arachniphobia...I hate spiders to begin with, but after watching that movie, I had the serious Creepy Crawlies for weeks... everytime I felt something brush against my skin, I freaked out :lol:

Another one that really stuck with me for a long time is "The Serpent and the Rainbow", about some very serious (and spooky) voodoo over in Haiti.

Those are two movies that scared me. As for movies that actually traumatized me, probably several documentaries etc. that I've seen about 9/11 did the trick. Images that I'll never forget for the rest of my life...

12. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well, too depressing to think of seeing An Inconvenient Truth, but I think that would be traumatizing - I guess that was the point. Hotel Rwanda left me a bit shaken but not traumatized - the book Shake Hands With The Devil by Romeo Dallaire was hard enough to take. A documentary about Dallaire's time in Rwanda was made in 2006, and won some festival awards, but I haven't seen it yet.

I don't generally do well with creepy movies - I'm just too susceptible to them...!:lol: I think that stems back from being on my own one night as a kid while my folks were out, and The Shining came on tv and I was unadvisedly staying up late to watch it... I walked around for the rest of the night with a hockey stick from the garage - I swear I just about killed the damned cat when it jumped on the bed...:lol:

Silence of the Lambs was hard to take - i just hated the thought of someone being trapped like that. Again, lots of those I saw when I was younger.

As for being traumatized, maybe just having to sit thru really bad bad bad baaaaaaaaaaad movies does it. Bad movies are worse than well-done creepy/suspenseful/scary movies for me. Those are the ones I have to try hardest to forget... :lol:

13. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

well, I do not watch that many scary movies since I'm not very into them. But I see a lot of trailers on Internet and such.

Even though I've never seen Scream or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre I still have nightmares about Leatherface and...the guy with the white mask. See I can't even remember his name. :D

However, I've both read and watched Red Dragon (Manhunter), The Silence of The Lambs and Hannibal and those just creeped me out! They are not a jumo-in-your-face-and-scream-kinds of movies, which only makes them more and more scary.

The movie that has traumatized me, and still does and I'm 15, is...Heh, I don't know if iteven exists in the US, probably not... Vem Ska Trösta Knyttet? is the Swedish title and is a tale from Moomin .

Yeah, I know. A cartoon. But really, that is the one and only film that has left a lasting impression on me.

The "villain" is a kind of she-monster named Mårran. And I still can't sleep at night sometimes. My friend and her littlesister watched it, and I had to leave the room. They are still tounting me today.

14. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Scream was such a baby-movie! After I'd seen the first minutes I already knew who the killer was :rolleyes:
    But I love all three Scream movies :lol:

The Hills have Eyes really traumatized me! I think it was a horrible movie, not that it was bad but...you get what I mean. I was stupid enough to watch it all alone :eek: and I couldn't sleep at first!

Usually I can take scary movies pretty good, but I was never able to watch the Freddy Kruger movies alone...:rolleyes: not even sure why but till today I never did and I'm sure I never will!

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Another movie that scared me was the Friday the 13th series. When I was little, my dad before he passed away, was a truck driver and I'd think that everytime we'd drive by any kind of rivers or lakes that Jason would jump out of the lake and come and kill us. I laugh when I think about it now, but I lost some sleep back then thinking about it.