Misunderstanding (short smacked)

Thank you Catu, Mel and all the readers! :)

Mac was watching TV when Stella got into the room. She was carrying a laptop and a paper bag. “Hey.”
Mac turned and smiled at her. “Hey.”
Stella kissed him on the cheek. “What are you watching?”
Mac shrugged. “Just killing the time. I don’t think I’m a TV guy, am I?”
Stella laughed. “No, you are not, and you don’t have the time. You’re a workaholic. But you did spend some time with William, he’s our son, you watched his favorite cartoon with him.”
“What cartoon is that?”
“The Superman.”
“Superman.” Mac whispered.
“Hey, do you remember the case about a kid who pretended he was Superman? He sneaked out of the psychiatric centre where he lived and helped people who were in troubles. But sadly, he was killed by an orderly from the centre who sold prescriptions to the junkies.” Stella observed Mac’s reactions to the story when she was speaking.
Mac tried to think but shook his head at last.
Stella was disappointed. “Never mind, it’s no good to remember sad stories anyway.” She picked up the paper bag she brought. “I bring you some gifts from our babies. Johnny, our neighbor, he taught them to make animals with balloons the other night. Here’re our babies’ creations.” She handed him two little balloon dogs.
Mac examined the balloons with a smile.
Stella picked up the pc, put it on Mac’s laps and powered it on. Mac moved slightly to the other side to let her sat down. Stella clicked on a file. There was their first family photo with their new born babies.
“They’re our kids.” Mac said in a low voice.
“Yes. William and Sophia.”
“They are beautiful.” Mac touched the babies’ faces on the screen.
Stella clicked the slide-show function. Different photos kept appeared on the screen. Most of them were family photos. They captured the love between the couple and the sweetest moments when they were with the kids. Stella rested her head on Mac’s shoulder. Tears slid down and wet Mac’s PJ. Mac turned to his wife and wiped her tears away with his thumb.
“I was scared, Mac. I was so scared that you would leave us.” Stella spoke in a choking voice.
Mac didn’t know what to say. He wished he could hold her and kiss all her sorrows away. But he felt she was so close to him but so strange, it was awkward. They kept watching the photos in silence. Stella closed the file when the photos were finished.
“Mac, the kids miss you. They can’t come to see you. So I promised them they can talk to you. They are home now waiting for the on-line connection with you. I’m gonna start the web-cam. They don’t know you have amnesia. You just need to smile and tell them to be good when you’re not around. I know it’s difficult but I need you to do this, for the kids and for your sake.”
“Stella, I might not remember them for now but they’re my kids. I definitely want to talk to them.” Mac smiled. “You need to dry your eyes first.” He took a piece of tissue and dabbed at Stella’s eyes.
Stella smiled back and started the web-cam. William and Sophia appeared on the screen with Reed sitting by their side. The kids were all excited when they saw their father. They waved their hands happily. “Daddy!”
Mac waved his unwounded hand. “Hi, kids.”
“Dad, are you feeling better?” William asked.
“Yes. How are you? Have you watch Superman cartoon?”
“I did. We can watch together when you come home.”
“Ok.” Mac turned to his daughter. “How about you, Sophia?”
“I told Meg she’s wrong. My daddy loves me.”
“Of course I love you. You’re my sweethearts. I miss you when I’m here.”
“Daddy, Mommy said we can sing for you.”
“Yeah. I love your singing. Go ahead.” Mac encouraged her.
William and Sophia danced while they were singing. The adults clapped when they finished.
“Thank you, kids.” Mac said.
“Alright, honey. It’s time to bed. Big brother will stay with you before I come home.” Stella said.
“Daddy, when will you come home?” Sophia didn’t want to go.
“I don’t know yet. I’ll be a good patient. I hope the doctor will let me go home very soon. Listen, I want you to be a happy kid and behave when I’m not home.”
Both kids nodded.
Stella blew a kiss to them. “I love you, babies. Good night. Reed, thank you.”
Reed nodded and waved them goodbye.
“Good night.” The kids blew a kiss to their parents.
They disconnected. Stella put the pc into the bag.
“I hope I can do better.” Mac said.
“Don’t be so hard on yourself. You’re doing great. You’re a tough guy, Mac. You wouldn’t be beaten so easily. Everything is going back to normal very soon.” Stella kissed him on the cheek.
“Sleep tight.” Stella left after she helped Mac to lie down.
----------------------------------------
There were babies crying. Mac and Stella went into the nursery with bottles of milk.
“I don’t believe it. We just lie down and meal time again.” Mac said sleepily.
Stella giggled. “They are newborns. They need to eat every 3 to 4 hours. We can gradually adjust the feeding time until they sleep longer hours at night.”
The babies were crying even louder when their parents were talking instead of feeding them. Mac and Stella picked up the babies and gave them the milk. They looked at each other and smiled when they saw the babies sucked eagerly.

Mac opened his eyes and smiled at himself. Finally, the first memory had come back to him. He wanted to call Stella to share the happiness although it was in the middle of the night. Instead, he came back to sleep, hope that he could retrieve another piece of memory.

O my god i just started reading this today and i stayed up like an hour past when I should've gone to bed and i dont usually read fanfics because they're all usually awful and stupid, but this is the best ive ever read and I love this storyline and i cant wait until the next one and ill check every day and i realize this is a runon sentance but im so happyhappyhappyhappyhappy that i dont care!!!!!!!
Omg please keep writing!
i always thought that the SMacked storyline was one of those ships that would be awesome to watch but would be totally bungled by the writers to the point of cheesiness and incomprehensibility. You have disproved that. TPTB bless you and safe writing!

Thank you Catu, Mel and Meatball42 ! :)

Mel,
My impatient girl. I just wondered how long you could stand. :lol:

Meatball42,
I truly appreciate your review. You made me blushed. :lol: I enjoy sharing my imagination with other smacked fans. I'm glad you like the story. If you like crazy stuff about smacked, you're welcome to visit the Mac/Stella thread. :)

Here's the new update.

Mac was getting late. He was supposed to leave the office ten minutes ago. He just once again forgot the time when he was working. Unfortunately, his cab got stuck in the line of cars because of the accidental ahead. And there was no sign of the traffic would get normal in a short period. Mac got off the cab two blocks prior to his destination. He pulled out his phone to call Stella as he walked quickly forward. Suddenly, someone called from behind. “Sir.”
Mac turned to see a woman running toward him. Her face was pale and there were tears.
“Sir, can I borrow you phone? My friend is sick. I need to call an ambulance but I forgot my phone at home.”
Mac looked at the direction where the woman came from. There were a lot people but no one looked sick. “Where is your friend?”
“She went into the alley to puke. She’s pregnant. She might eat something wrong.” The woman grabbed her own hair and started to cry. “I shouldn’t have dared her to eat the raw shrimps.”
“Calm down, madam. Let me check on your friend before we call 911.”
“Ok.” The woman turned to walk and Mac followed. She went into an alley. Mac stopped at the entrance and observed. There was someone sitting on the ground leaning against the wall. The alley was so dark that Mac couldn’t see her face. The first woman crouched down and said something to her friend. The other woman nodded and started to heave. Mac stepped into the alley slowly. The first woman stood up and moved a few steps away from her friend. The second woman tried to stand up when Mac got closer. Mac hurried forward to help her. Suddenly, someone hit Mac’s head from behind. Mac fell onto the ground. The second woman joined in to attack Mac. Mac covered his head with his hand and kicked the attackers. He tried to stand up when the men circling around him. He saw the second woman was actually a man. This was a trap.
“Hey. Stop there. What are you doing? I’m calling 911.” A man’s voice came from the entrance of the alley.
The attackers fled immediately. Mac fell onto the ground again. The new comer got to Mac’s side. “Sir…”
Mac passed out.

Mac woke up abruptly. His head was throbbing. His heart was pound heavily. His sweat wet the pillow. He licked his dry lips and sat up. He realized that he just recalled the night he was attacked. He summoned the nurse and asked her to contact the detective who was in charge of his case.
Mac was giving his statement to the detective when Flack got in. Flack greeted the other detective and went to Mac.
“Mac. How do you feel?” Flack was concerned.
Mac recognized Flack although he didn’t remember him. His team and Flack as well as Sid had visited him after he woke up.
“I feel like I was attacked again.” Mac smile bitterly. “Thanks for coming.”
“You remember anything helpful?”
Mac shook his head. “Not much. There was a woman who lured me into that alley.”
“Mac. You can see things other people can’t. Think about the details.”
Mac was not sure what else he could do but he closed his eyes anyway. The image of the woman grabbing her own hair appeared in his head. “Her bracelet, two snakes twists together. And a logo pin on her collar.” Mac opened his eyes.
Flack patted on Mac’s shoulder. “Good. Let’s do the sketch. Once we found out what logo it is, we could nail the guys.”
Mac chuckled. “It looks like we’re friends for a long time. You know the way I think.”
“Yep. Long enough and friend enough that we could take a bullet for the other.” Flack smiled heartily.
“I’m sorry I don’t remember a thing.” Mac smiled apologetically.
“You will. I have faith in you, Mac Taylor.” Flack patted on his shoulder again. “By the way, you don’t need to remember the arguments we had from time to time.” Flack smiled and winked.
“We’ll see.” Mac smiled back.
“Take some rest. We’ll tell you if we got any progress.”
“Thank the witness who saved my life for me, would you?”
Flack gave him a ok gesture.
Mac nodded. “Thanks again.”
Flack waved and left.

That was interesting. I wonder who those people were. Do you know, or are you making it up as you go?
Mac should remember Claire and ask Stella who she is. OR Peyton, but Claire would make more sense.

Great update Kikii as always!:)
Welcome Meatball 42!! I think your idea is super cool!!

Meatball42,
I wonder who those people were. Do you know, or are you making it up as you go?
Sometimes I knew what I wanted, sometimes I'll wait for the readers reactions. And, sometimes I don't know how to continue. :)

Gals,
Hope you'll satified with the answers to your questions in the new update. :)

William and Sophia were sitting on the couch with their little feet swinging back and forth impatiently. They kept looking at the front door.
“Why are they so late?” Sophia hopped off the couch and went to the window to look outside. William followed his little sister.
Rhoda, their baby sitter, she was taking some milk and cookies from the kitchen and placed them on the table. “Snack time, kids.”
William turned to Rhoda. “Can we call Mom?”
Rhoda went to the kids and placed her hands on their shoulders. “You already called ten minutes ago. What did mommy say?”
“She said they’re leaving the hospital in five minutes.”
“That’s right. So, they wouldn’t be home in thirty minutes. You can eat some food and watch some TV when you’re waiting.” Rhoda led them to the table.
“I want to give Daddy cookies.” Sophia took her cup of milk.
Rhoda laughed. “Sweetheart, we still have cookies in the kitchen. Just eat. Daddy wouldn’t like his babies got hungry.”
“We are not babies.” The twins said at the same time.
Rhoda shook her head and laughed when she sat down.
Mac sat in the chair while Stella was putting his stuff into a duffle bag.
“It’s strange. This room is the only place I know after I woke up. I’m gonna miss it. I feel nervous going back to my own home.” Mac said.
“The Doc said it’s good for you to go back to normal life as soon as your body’s recovered. Familiar people and environment could help you retrieving memories.”
Mac nodded to agree.
“Need a hand?” Flack said while he entered the room. Mac and Stella greeted him.
“No. Thanks.” Stella zipped up the bag. “You off the clock?”
“Not yet. I want to bring you the good news myself. We’ve got the woman with the snake bracelet in custody.”
“What did she say?” Mac asked.
“Grace Watson’s her name. She’s Mitch Logan’s girlfriend. Logan’s one of the two attackers. Does his name ring a bell?”
Both Mac and Stella shook their head.
“Ok. It was about a case Danny and Mac worked few weeks ago. Logan’s mother shot and killed her husband. She claimed it was an accident. But Mac proved the whole thing was premeditated. Logan thinks his mother was just self-defense because his father would kill her someday if she didn’t take action. He blamed you for putting his innocent, beloved mother away. He and his idiot friends set you up.”
“Huh.” Stella snorted. “He knew his father was dangerous to his mother but he didn’t do anything to protect her in the first place. Now he blamed us for locking up his killer mother.”
“People always have a way to reason out their wrong doings.” Flack put his hands in his pockets. “Anyway, you’re going home today. Congratulations!”
Mac stood up and shook Flack’s hand. “Thank you!”
Together, the three of them left the hospital.
Stella stopped the car. “Are you ready?”
“Not really.” Mac said.
“I understand. You still don’t remember lot of things.”
“I’m afraid I might upset you or the kids.”
“Look at the bright side. We usually don’t have the time to look back. Now we got a chance to trace our old steps. Maybe we could find something now that we didn’t notice then. It maybe fun. Who knows? It doesn’t matter if it might take a week, a month or a year to recall all the memories. Just relax and follow your heart.” Stella squeezed Mac’s hand slightly. “I’ll be there with you.”
They looked each other in the eyes. And very slowly, they leaned forward until their lips touched. Mac hesitated for a second. Then he kissed Stella lightly on the lips. It was the first time in two weeks that Mac showed an intention to kiss his wife. He might want to during the stay at the hospital but he was hesitated. It was always Stella kissed him. They kept looked at each other after the kiss.
“They’re here! They’re here!” Sophia jumped up and down outside the front door.
Mac and Stella smiled and got off the car.
The kids ran into their father’s arms. Mac kissed them on the cheek.
“Be careful with daddy’s hand, kids.” Stella reminded them.
Sophia wrapped her arms around Mac’s neck. “We missed you, Daddy.”
“I missed you too. I’m home now. And I’m not going anywhere in a while.” Mac said.
“Really? No work?” William asked.
“I’m taking a break. Mommy has a week of holiday. Isn’t it great?”
Both kids jumped up and down happily. “Yeah.”
“Alright. Let’s go inside.” Stella took Mac’s stuff from the car while Mac took the kids into the house.
“Stella. Mac.” It was Mr. and Mrs. Stanley calling from the front of their house. They came forward. Catherine hugged Stella while Johnny shook Mac’s hand. “Welcome home, Mac.”
“Thank you.” Mac shook Johnny’s hand. “And thank you for took care of the kids. Hope they didn’t make you many troubles.”
Catherine giggled. “No. They’re adorable kids. I love to have their company. You look good.”
“Yeah. I’m lucky. The condition is not as bad as it looks.”
“It’s a relief to Stella with you finally come home. Now, go inside. We just want to say hi.”
“Thanks again.”
The two families went back to their own house.
Mac was watching the kids playing animal chess in the living room. Stella came in with two cups of tea. She gave one to Mac.
Mac took a sip. “Chinese tea?”
Stella nodded. “Yeah. How do you like it?”
“It’s smooth, has a floral scent. I like it.” Mac took another sip.
“It’s jasmine tea. A present from one of our friends, Mr. Lee, he owns a Chinese diner. You remember him?”
“Is there something special about him that you can tell me?”
Stella laughed. “He’s a kind old man has a wife and a daughter. He made good Chinese food, especial with tofu. He thought we were married even before we started dating.”
“A funny guy.” Mac commented. “Why don’t we go to his diner someday?”
“Ok.” Stella put her cup down. “I’ll be at the backyard water the plants if you need me. Or, you want to take a nap?”
“No. I want to spend some time in the study.”
“Ok.” Stella got up.
William and Sophia got up at the same time. “Mom. We can help you.”
Stella laughed. “You just want to play with the water. Come on.”
Mac went into the study after Stella and the kids went to the backyard. He browsed his book collections on the shelf. Then he looked at the photos on the walls. Some of them with him in a Marine uniform, some of them was taken with his team. He sat down and opened the desk drawers one by one to take a look.
The door bell buzzed. Mac opened the front door. It was Reed.
“Hey, Mac.” Reed smiled.
“Reed.” Mac recognized him. Stella did introduce them but said she would tell him the details later. Mac felt something about Reed was intimately related to him but he couldn’t tell what. “Stella and the kids are at the backyard. Come on in. I’ll get them.”
“I’ll come with you.” Reed followed Mac to the backyard. They heard the kids’ laughter. “They’re having fun.” Reed laughed.
“Claire. Reed’s here.” Mac said to Stella. All of them froze.
William recovered first. “Dad, who are you talking to?”
“Who is Claire?” Sophia asked.
Stella cleared her throat. “She’s big brother’s mom. She went to a place far away.” She looked at Mac when she spoke.
“She doesn’t love big brother anymore?” Sophia asked innocently.
“No. No. She loves him but she have to go.” Stella cut off the water. “Now, you two wet puppies go to change into dry clothes before you get cold. Go.”
The twins raced for their room.
“Let’s talk in the living room.” Stella smiled. “Reed, I made some Chinese tea. You will like it.”
Mac waited for Stella returned to the bedroom after she tucked the kids in.
“I’m sorry to upset you, Stella.”
“No. You didn’t. I should’ve told you earlier.” Stella climbed into the bed. “I have to admit I was acting selfish. I know you loved her. You still love her. She’s precious memory to you. I just wanted to know if you could remember her although I didn’t tell you your relationship with Reed. I was afraid that you don’t remember me but not her. I’m sorry.”
Mac held her closer. “It’s alright. I understand your fear.” He hesitated for a minute. Then he added. “I know this is silly. But I think it was Claire she told me to come back to you, to my family. She told me to follow your song. It was your voice that led me back.”
“You saw her in your dream?”
“I couldn’t see her. I just heard her voice. I didn’t know who she was then. Silly, isn’t it? I’m a scientist.” Mac smiled.
“No. There are many things science couldn’t explain. She loved you. I think she’s still watching over you.” Stella kissed him on the lips. “Go to sleep. Thank her for me if you see her in your dream.”

Last edited:
OOOH! I thought it was Claire who told Mac to go back to his family, because that would be so sweet. I'm surprised he never told Willian and Sophia about Claire, they didn't recognize her name. Mac's right hand was broken, did he shake lefty? Is that going to hurt his job? Will he still work in the lab, or become just a detective and lab supervisor? Oh no, now I'm worried about him!

Meatball42,
I'm surprised he never told Willian and Sophia about Claire, they didn't recognize her name.
The twins were 5 in this update. Maybe their parents will tell them the details when they are older.
Is that going to hurt his job? Will hestill work in the lab, or become just a detective and lab supervisor?
There were people have much worst injuries recovered pretty well. Do worry so much!

Catu,
i just want Mac to recover his memory, I feel sorry for Stella!
You have a kind heart! So as Stella. That's why Mac loves her.

Thank you, Meatball42, Catu, Mel and all the readers! :)

Mac woke up early in the morning. Last night, he had the most peaceful sleep after the injury. Stella’s soft and warm body snuggled up to him. Her breaths brushed his neck. Her scent filled his nasals. All the loneliness in the hospital was gone. He couldn’t sleep tight in the hospital. He had all kinds of dreams that he believed were fragments of his memories. He always woke up in the middle of night. At that moment, he wanted to see Stella. He waited impatiently for her visit everyday. He felt safe and relax in her presence.
Mac caressed Stella’s beautiful face with his thumb and planted a kiss on it. Stella moved and woke up.
“Hey.” Stella smiled.
“I’m sorry to wake you.” Mac smiled back.
Stella glanced at the clock. “It’s almost time to get up. The kids have to go to school.” She examined Mac’s face carefully. “I can see you have a good night’s sleep.”
“Yeah.”
“Good. What do you want to do today?”
“I want to see the lab.”
Stella propped herself up on an elbow and looked into Mac’s eyes. She traced the outline of his lips with a fingertip. “We can see the lab later. It’s a very important place to you. The massive information it carries maybe too much for you.”
“What’s your suggestion?”
“You should take one light step at a time. Spent a couple of days with your lovely wife and kids, take a walk in the neighborhood or visit some places you used to go. Or, we can have a little tea party with some friends. Just take everything in a slow pace. There would be something you remembered. Then that little thing will lead to something else.” Stella leaned down and kissed him lightly on the lips. “Work is not the only thing in the world.”
“I can do that.” Mac pulled her head lower and deepened the kiss.
Without warning, the twins barged into their parents’ bedroom and ruined the romantic moment. They climbed directly into their parents’ bed.
“Good morning, Daddy.” Sophia kissed her father hard on the lips.
Mac chuckled. “Kids, you forgot to knock.”
“Are you staying at home with us today?” Sophia asked.
“I’m staying at home. YOU are going to school.” Mac tapped on the girl’s nose tip.
“We want to stay with you.” William said.
Mac looked at his wife.
“No lazy kids.” Stella shook her head.
“You promised to teach us to ride a bike. Remember?” William asked.
“Will, Daddy just came home yesterday. His hand is still hurt.” Stella explained patiently. She understood how much the kids missed their father and they enjoyed the time with him because Mac didn’t have much time to play with them.
Both kids pouted.
“Let’s try the bike next month. Today, Mommy and I will pick you up at school. We can eat ice-cream in the park.” Mac promised.
“I want chocolate.” Sophia licked her little lips.
“Ok. Now go to brush and get dress.” Stella got off the bed and took the kids off the bed. She pushed the giggling kids out of the room.
Mac was checking the files on his computer. Some of them were forensic references or introduction of new forensic technologies. Some of them were Mac’s notes on some special cases. His eyebrows knitted together when he concentrated on the screen. He didn’t notice Stella walked in with a cup of tea.
Stella put the tea down and crossed her hands. “I think the most impossible thing in the world is to separate you from work.”
Mac took the tea and smiled at his wife. “I just gather information on myself, not working.”
Stella smiled and shook her head. She went to the corner of the study and pick up a bass guitar. “You know what. Music is part of you life too. You play bass guitar every Wednesday night at a pub. How is your hand? Can you try to play something simple?”
Mac removed the arm sling and moved the hand several times. The muscle was a bit tight and the hand was weak but no pain. He looked at Stella quietly for a minute and took the guitar. He tried the chords. Then he started to play a song. It was a love song in slow tempo.
Stella leaned against the wall. Every note Mac played was echoing in her heart. It was the very first song he had played for her few years back. Tear drops started to sneak out of Stella’s eyes. Mac finished the song. He put the guitar down and went to hug his wife.
“The song has special meaning to you?” Mac asked quietly in her ears.
Stella held him even tighter and nodded silently.
“It just popped up in my mind when I looked at you. It’s our song?”
Stella nodded again. Mac kissed the top of her head. They kept embracing each other and dancing slowly with the song playing in their head.

Back