Misunderstanding (short smacked)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by shell_kikii, Mar 18, 2009.

1. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Hi everyone! :) I couldn't sleep last night until I wrote this. Hope you like it.

Disclaimed : I don't own any characters of CSI NY.

Misunderstanding

Mac and Stella witnessed Danny and Lindsay became husband and wife today. They were not celebrating because Lindsay would go to Montana the next day. The new couple left their witnesses behind.
    “What should we do now?” Mac asked Stella.
    “I’m hungry.” Stella put a hand on her abdomen. “According to Flack, we are Chinese today. Let’s go grab some Chinese food. I know this small diner own by a Chinese old couple. They make wonderful tofu dishes.” Stella put her hand in Mac’s arm and led him to the direction to the diner.
    “Tofu?”
    “Yep. Soy bean curd. They make the tofu themselves. You know, good tofu must retain the soy bean aroma and has soft, smooth texture…”
    ----------------------------------------
    The diner was small. There were only a few tables. Mr. and Mrs. Lee and their daughter took care of everything.
    “Danny and I had talked about his fears to be a disqualify father.” Mac said after placing food order.
    “Oh. What advice did you give him?”
    “I told him I had the same fear when I was married to Claire. And I’m regretting not having any child with her. I told him he’ll be a great father.”
    “It’s a long and difficult road for him. But I think Lindsay has good influence on him. They’ll be fine.”
    “Yeah. He’s growing up.” Mac smiled. “He fell for her when he first set eyes on her at the zoo.”
    “He keeps calling her Montana.” Stella giggled. And then she sighed. “It was a very sweet moment at the Clerk’s office.”
    They stopped talking when Mr. Lee served the food.
    “You are good at using chopsticks, Stella.” Mac was impressed.
    Stella chuckled. “I found it fascinating eating with two sticks. So I asked Mr. Lee, the owner, taught me to use chopsticks.”
    Mr. Lee approached holding two Chinese bowls. He placed the bowls in front of Mac and Stella. There were four white balls floating in red bean soup.
    Stella was surprised. “What are these, Mr. Lee? I don’t think we have ordered these.”
    “They are ‘tong yuan’, Chinese dessert. Mrs. Lee specially made them for the new couple. In my home town, the Groom and the Bride feeds each other with tong yuan on their wedding day. It means they’ll have a sweet, happy live forever.” Said the kind, patient man.
    Mac smiled and rubbed his forehead with his fingers.
    Stella was so embarrassing. She opened and closed her mouth several times before words finally came out. “Well…Umm…Thank you very much Mr. Lee. But we are not married. Not today.”
    “No? You’re holding a bouquet of wedding flowers. And…and…you talked about the Clerk’s office…and…you two look so happy.” Then he nodded knowingly. “Oh, he proposed!”
    Mac shook his head and burst into laughter. Stella felt her face burnt. She put her hands up to show there was no ring. “No. No proposal. Not married. We are just friends. But we appreciate your special treat.”
    Old Mr. Lee was flustered. “Oh, I’m so sorry. Mrs. Lee and I are so convinced that you’re newly-wed. I’m so sorry. We shouldn’t…”
    Mac cut in. “It’s OK. I’ve never eat tong yuan before. I believe it’s good.”
    “Yeah, yeah. It’s delicious. Please try.” Mr. Lee was relieved his customers were not angry with their recklessness. He retreated to the kitchen after apologized again.
    Mac picked up the spoon. “I guess we can spare the feeding each other part.”
    Stella blushed but didn’t answer. They ate the dessert in silence.
    Mac laughed quietly after finished the last bite.
    “What?” Stella was curious.
    “I don’t know what Danny and Lindsay might remember about their wedding in their anniversaries. We do have something special.” Mac was amused.
    “Right, just don’t tell your bride when you get marry.” Stella covered her reddened face with her hands. “Or the team.”
    “Why? This is a funny story.”
    “Mac!”
    “Alright. I wouldn’t unless she already knew. Come on, let's go home.”
    “Homes. I don’t want another misunderstanding.” Stella glanced at Mr. Lee who was standing behind the cash register.
    Mac couldn’t help but started laughing again.

-The End-

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I demand a sequel lolol

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Kikii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I quote Mel "We demand a sequel" :D We need the whole story. you can leave us in this way :D

Debbie :D

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This was so cute. I can totally see this happening to Mac and Stella. Someone mistaking THEM for the married couple. ;)

Good Job!

5. shell_kikii

Dear Mel, Debbie and hhunter, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it. I'll try to add a bit more later, not really a sequel though. :)

6. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

TOFU!! You did not inform Zombie with Talisman you wrote a new story. :) I loved this story as it's based on Chinese culture. Tong yuan is rice ball if I'm not wrong. I loved it 'cause I eat them every year on reunion dinner and Tong Yuan Festival. IT's filled with CRUSHED PEANUTS! :drool: Apart from that, I loved how you wrote Mac/Stella getting misunderstood by the lou pan and his wife. Even others see it, they are made for each other.

7. shell_kikii

Zombieeeeeee,
    You know tofu's brain is still a piece of tofu. :lol: Sorry about that. :)
    It's made of glutinous rice with crashed peanut or sesame fillings.

Thank you for your reviews. You're right. Even others know they made for each other. After watching the new eppy, I'm 100% sure they love each other. They just don't admit for whatever reasons. :rolleyes:

8. Sagemint

Sagemint Witness

This was a very sweet story. I enjoyed reading it. I agree with everyone else before me "We demand a sequel!!" :D

9. shell_kikii

Thank you Mel, Debbie, hhunter, Asprine, Sagemint and all the readers! :) I added some more, hope you like it too.

A man was holding Stella’s hand and leading her through the crowd in the church. Stella found her co-workers and friends amongst them but there were a lot of strangers too. Every one of them was smiling and clapping. The man finally led Stella to stand in front of the priest. She couldn’t see either the priest or the man’s face. She knew she was in a wedding ceremony but she was wearing a vest. A vest? Why wasn’t she wearing a gown? She was so confuse and nervous that she reached out for the man’s strong hand again.
    “Stella Bonasera. Would you take ????? as your husband?” The priest said in a low, hollow voice.
    “What? Excuse me. I can’t hear you. Could you speak up, please?” Stella said in a loud voice.
    The priest repeated the question but Stella still couldn’t hear him.
    Stella stepped forward to listen to the priest. She was shocked when she saw his face. “Mr. Lee?”
    Mr. Lee grinned and offered her a bowl of tong yuan.

Stella woke up and sat up on the bed. It was just a dream. The incident at the Chinese diner caused it. She ran her fingers through her hair and laughed. She knew, subconsciously, who the man was in her dream. She could still ‘feel’ his hand wrapping around hers. The sensation was so familiar but strange. It was weird. How could it be familiar and strange at the same time? She sighed. Maybe it just reflected her relationship with Mac. There was still a little gap that none of them dare to cross. She poured herself a glass of water and put on some music since she couldn’t go back to sleep.
    Stella yawned when she entered the autopsy room the next day.
    “Bad sleep, huh?” Sid looked at her with a smirk.
    “Sorry. Have some silly dreams last night.” Stella covered another yawn with a hand.
    “From my 30 years experience being a Pathologist, I diagnose you might eat too much ‘tong yuan’.” Sid crossed his arms and looked at her amusingly.
    Stella was all wake up. “What?” She blinked several times. “Mac told you!”
    “Told him what?” Mac spoke from behind Stella.
    Stella turned to Mac with arms akimbo. “Mac, you promised not to tell.”
    Mac was puzzled. “What are you talking about?”
    Sid chuckled. “Stella dear, do you remember who recommended the diner to you? The Lees are my friends. Mrs. Hammerback and Mrs. Lee bumped into each other this morning. And….” Sid shrugged.
    “Oh! Don’t tell me the Lees are friends to everyone in our lab.” Stella’s shoulders sagged.
    Mac smiled and patted her on the shoulder. “Relax. That was just a misunderstanding.”
    “Yeah. You must be glowing with happiness, holding a bouquet of flower, walking into the diner with a handsome guy. That’ll make anyone think you’re just married. I would pay to witness that.”
    “Sid!” Stella blushed again.
    “That’s enough, Sid. Let’s get back to work.” Mac said.
    “Sure.” Sid put on his glasses then he winked at Stella. “Don’t worry. Your secret’s safe with me.”
    “Yeah. Right.” Stella rolled her eyes.
    Mac took his eyes away from his paperwork when he heard someone knocking on the door. Danny and Flack went in together.
    “Congratulations, Mac!” Flack said with a mischievous smile.
    Mac put his pen down and raised one of his eyebrows.
    Danny looked at Flack. “It’s so unfair, you know. They stole my spotlight! I bet no one knows I’m the one who are married.”
    “What were you thinking at the Clerk’s office, Mac? Why didn’t you make it real?” Flack continued his attack on Mac. Then he turned to Danny. “It would be a big event. Mr. and Mrs. Taylor and Mr. and Mrs. Messer registered at the same time. We could throw a party.” Flack slapped Danny on his back and they laughed loudly.
    “Alright, guys. You better not mention that nonsense to Stella.”
    “Maybe Stella said no.” Danny whispered loudly in Flack’s ear.
    “Danny. Focus on work or I’ll kick you out.” Mac said with a laughing face.
    “Alright, alright.” Danny made a surrender gesture.
    The three of them discussed on the case and Mac gave few orders to dig deeper into the evidence. Stella got in when the naughty boys were about to leave.
    “Hi there, Mrs. Taylor!” They said simultaneously and leave before Stella could fight back.
    Stella sat in one of the chairs. “One misunderstanding leads to all these crazy jokes.”
    “They will forget it very soon.” Mac smiled. “Your shift's over. Go home and have some sleep. I'll follow up the case.”
    “Yeah. I’m leaving.” Stella stood up.
    Mac called her back when she was heading out. “Stella.”
    “Yeah?”
    “What do think if we have dinner tonight?”
    “As long as not at the Lee’s Kitchen. OK.” Stella curled her lips.
    "We can try something new. How about Korean food?"
    "That sounds great."
    “I’ll call you.”
    Stella left smiling.

10. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

:lol: Okay... That was hilarious! I couldn't hold back my tears. Misunderstanding can be understanding isn't it? ;) The wedding scene in this chapter, I had to picture about it 'cause I can't help it, Stella wearing a vest instead of a gown and standing beside Mac... :drool: It is enduring.. each and everytime they touch. :devil: *Sideways... sideways...* I loved it!

11. MacsGirlMel

glad you're writing more :)

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Kikiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i could imagine ALL. You write them so IN CHARACTER. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

but we want Mr Lee again! he is a good luck signal for Smacked :D

LOve the boys and those jokes on "Mrs Taylor" LOL :D

PLease moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Debbie :D

13. giovinazzo<3

giovinazzo<3 Lab Technician

great story Kikii:D
    I love Mr and Mrs Lee:D
    Loved it when the boys said Mrs.Taylor to Stella:lol:

14. shell_kikii

Thank you Asprine, Mel, Debbie and Gio!
    I brought Mr. Lee back. My original intention was to do a one shot only. I just couldn't help but to write more. :lol: Maybe this is the last bit I could do. Hope you like it. :)

Mac was reading his shopping list when he drove the cart around the corner of the shelf. He crashed the cart into another shopper’s from the opposite direction.
    “Excuse me.” The shopper and Mac said at the same time.
    “Hey, you’re Miss Bonasera’s boyfriend.” The shopper said cheerfully and extended his hand to Mac. “Sorry, I don’t know your name.”
    “Mac Taylor.” Mac shook the old man’s hand. “I’m sorry about this, Mr. Lee. I was distracted.”
    “It’s OK. My daughter and I…” Mr. Lee pulled his daughter out from behind him. “This is Melody, my daughter. We’re shopping for some peaches. Melody loves peaches.”
    Melody smiled shyly and nodded.
    “Nice to meet you, Miss Lee.” Mac greeted the teenage girl.
    The shy girl hid behind her father again.
    Mr. Lee scratched his bald head. “She’s…umm…she’s a little slow. But she’s a good girl. She helps me a lot at the diner.”
    “I saw that the other night. She’s a beautiful girl.” Mac walked slowly towards the fruit stalls with the father and daughter.
    “She is! I thought I would never be a father. But we have our angel girl when I was 55.” Mr. Lee sighed heavily. “It’s hard, you know. I’m an old man now but she’s just a teenager. I’m worrying about her future. We train her to be a cook, so she could support herself when we couldn’t. She has the gift.”
    “You teach a good girl.”
    “Thank you.” Mr. Lee looked at Mac’s cart. “Oh, those lettuces are so fresh. You can make delicious lettuce wraps.”
    Mac smiled. “I don’t cook. I only make sandwiches.”
    “Oh, it’s simple…” Mr. Lee started to give Mac a lesson of cooking.
    “And then he just put all the materials into my cart. He said it is great pleasure to put together a dish by myself and enjoy it.” Mac couldn’t stop laughing when he was telling Stella his encounter with Mr. Lee in the supermarket. “I figured I couldn’t do this without your help.”
    Mac and Stella were preparing the lettuce wraps in the kitchen. Stella fried the fillings while Mac was washing the lettuces.
    “No problem, partner.” Stella was giggling all the time. “Mr. Lee is a good man. He loves his wife and daughter. And he serves his customers with his heart.”
    “Speaking of his daughter, he’s worrying about her. He said we should get marry and have children when we are still young.”
    Stella looked up to the ceiling. “Oh, not again!” Then she turned to Mac. “Why didn’t you correct him?”
    “I don’t think he’ll remember. You told him we are just friends last time.” Mac shrugged.
    “I’ll never go to the Lee’s Kitchen with you again.” Stella sprinkled some salt into the food and scooped up some of them with a spoon. “Here, try this.”
    Mac tasted the food from the spoon Stella was holding. “It’s good. You’re a good cook, Stella.”
    “Really?” Stella tried the food herself. “Hmm…yummy. Take the lettuce and taco to the table. I’ll take this.”
    “You want some wine?” Mac asked while walking out.
    “Sure.”
    Stella placed the food onto the table. “This is beautiful. Mr. Lee was right. It’s great pleasure just looking at what we made, not mention eating. It looks like a real family meal.”
    “Let’s enjoy it.” Mac pulled the chair out for Stella.
    “Thank you.” Stella sat down. “You should ask Mr. Lee for another recipe next time you see him.”
    “Maybe he could teach us to make tong yuan for dessert.” Mac smiled and raised his glass to her.
    Stella almost choked by the wine. “I believe he has other dessert recipes. I’ll wash you hair with my wine if you dare to tease me again.”
    Mac chuckled and started his first DIY lettuce wrap.

15. MacsGirlMel

yay another update :)