Miami season 8 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 8, 2010.

1. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Personally I hated Bad Seed, just because of Ryan's line about the farmers. It's one thing to stereotype country folk, but to say that they're stupid is just insulting and seemed completely out of character for Ryan.

I'll catch this week's episode on Thursday- there's a Jackie Chan movie and I feel in the mood for some martial arts :lol:

2. bizzbabe

bizzbabe Civilian

Hi everyone. Great to see a forum about one of my favourite tv shows.

I am watching series 8 in the uk also, but I am not enjoying this one as much as the others. The new M.E seems to decide how the victim died without doing any autopsy and then gets it wrong. I couldn't understand why they brought Walter in from the night shift, but he is probably to re-place Delko. And why have they suddenly started using dictaphones at crime scenes? It is pointless. Plus the team don't seem to have the same happy, friendly atmosphere they have had in all the other seasons.

Maybe I'm missing something.

One more thing. Why does Jesse have to keep getting his shirt off? There are fit people in this show (Delko for one), they only got their kit off when they were shot and it had to be removed. It just feels like they have made so many changes all at once, instead of perhaps spreading them through the series.

I'm still watching because I enjoy the show mostly.

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Welcome, bizzbabe!
    Although i didnt like Tom the coroner to start with, he has grown on me and now I feel his quirkiness adds to the show.
    I also like Walter, but I am confused about him supposedly being a lab tech, but he is so blatantly doing a csi's job. Other than that I find him funny.
    Jesse- I have only seen him take his shirt off once, have I missed something? I didnt mind it in that hostage episode, it kinda fit.
    The problem is that they did make alot of changes this season, necessary with Delko's departure. Overall I think they have worked. But they have made a few mistakes- too much Jesse early on, Ryan being totally out of character. But these seem to have improved a great deal over the last few epis. (Yeah- I also dont get the sudden thing with the dictaphones either!)

Last nights episode- I really enjoyed. Good story, few twists. Plenty of Ryan= Me a happy bunny! And they were quality Ryan scenes.
    Not sure the police department would pay for Walter and Jesse to go off into space just for 1 death, but hey the scene was fun.

4. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

I was in London yesterday so I caught the epi I allready knew it but I liked it. I liked especially Tom <3

5. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi everyone , i just finish caatching up , i thought last night episode was ok , i enjoy all of Ryan's bits ,did anyone else notice Ryan's black eye ?, and also i realy starting to like Tom , :)

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Quick note to David's hairdresser (re last night's episode) - don't ever cut his hair this short again.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

PinkBunny- glad you managed to catch it!

I am really unobservant. I never noticed anything with Ryan's eye and I have no clue about Horatio's hair.

8. DragonFriend95

Can I ask: what's a dictaphone? I tried looking it up but kept getting redirected.

Wait, does H have short hair in the recent ep? It would explain why my mum was so mad after watching it :lol:

Oh, and glad you managed to catch the ep PinkBunny!

I'll have to keep an eye out for Ryan (no pun intended) when I manage to see the ep tomorrow (if I can that is: it's my sisters bday and I have the feeling she'll try and drag me away from the telly :p)

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ A dictaphone is that little tape recorder thing. Jesse used it in his first epi, and it seemed unique to him. But then a couple of weeks ago not only was he using it, but Cal and Ryan as well. And considering they have never used one before or since, it seemed out of place.

10. DragonFriend95

Oh, right. Guessed I never noticed cause they do it sometimes on Vegas so it didn't really register :lol: But yeah, it would seem out of place, but then again Miami isn't known for being consistent.

11. DragonFriend95

Finally saw the episode, but was too tired to comment afterwards.

I really enjoyed it...investigating a death in space seems to be a really original idea (I'm want to complain that the department wouldn't pay for Jesse and Walter to go up into space, but they were too funny for me to care) and I liked the twist that they were all guilty.

Horatio in a lab coat and working is always a lovely thing to see. I thought his hair was a bit shorter but I didn't really notice.

I thought Calleigh got a bit too much time while Natalia and Frank didn't. I thought Jesse got too much but I did enjoy him.

My two favourite Miami boys doing calculations in the lab :D I didn't even know that the British and Americans had different measuring systems or whatever.

'Unless Tom is an alien. It would explain a lot' :lol:

'I'll be gentle.' :guffaw: I love the return of Ryan's snark. I did notice he had a little bruise under his eye, but I didn't think too much into it.

Overall a great episode. 9/10!

12. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

oh my oh my...
    tonight's episode was so funny (Dude Where's My Groom) mostly because i recently saw "Hangover" and god that was very funny movie:guffaw:

ok but for some unknown reason this episode made me laugh, AGAIN:eek:

oh i think because of Ryan.
    for a moment i was like, dude what are you doing, what's so funny?

overall, speaking of epi, it was quite enjoyable, only as i said before memory of freshly seen movie made it even harder to actually get into plot.
    but i kinda couldn't get myself into normal mode so i was laughing like mad at moments and couldn't get enough hang on myself.

i know i'm crazy and even crazyer when i see Ryan wearing something so weird like white-ish suit combined with big brown shoes:eek:
    ok maybe it's just me but i found it weird for my taste.

ok enough for rant cause i can't trigger my logic to work so yeah my rating for this epi- 6/10

13. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

So - last night's epi? Way too many obnoxious people in it! The guy Tony - obnoxious. His friend the Dolphins player who nobody had ever heard of - obnoxious. The LA police chief - obnoxious. And they were all having a go at Horatio in particular, as well as the others, and that's just not nice! :(

Also - I don't know about you, but once they told us they were going to LA, I gathered that they were actually in LA. I didn't really need them to show me the Ollywoo sign, the Bowl, etc etc etc to convince me! :lol:

But apart from that, I thought it was a pretty good epi, and I seem to remember that everybody got a bit of screen-time. It was good to get a bit more of Jesse's backstory, albeit a bit bitty, and I assume we'll find out eventually whether Tony actually does go to jail or whatever - they didn't seem to make that clear in the episode (unless I missed something!)

Jude

14. lal

lal Pathologist

Yeah I Have to agree with you i thought the dolphins player was very obnoxious especially towards Ryan , overall i thought the episode was good :)

15. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Rather enjoyed this episode. Didn't want to, 'cos it was the Rob Zombie directed one, and he's been somewhat uncomplimentary about David. Personally, I've no objection at all to hero-shots of Horatio in front of the Hollywood sign etc. And I've no objection to the Horatio-Eric bromance which was in evidence. So, overall, Zombie notwithstanding, fairly happy!!