Miami season 8 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 8, 2010.

1. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Ouch! Now, now...!!! :guffaw:
    Jude

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

The Walter issue annoys me as well. Im sure he was supposed to be a lab rat, but he definitely was acting like a cop in this one. I did think gym bags on the basketball court were an odd place to keep guns.
    I just think, with the natalia issue, that they are trying to show she has hearing problems. I didnt really think about it, tbh. When she first came into the show I wasnt fussed, but she has grown on me these past years. And for me it is good to see her doing something other than processing dna.

3. marymagdalen

Just realised I'm gonna miss tomorrow's episode!:( It's Freshers' Week, and my younger son's dj-ing and my older son's playing live at my brother's pub, so... no contest really - even with Miami!! Just hope I remember to watch the re-run on Thursday! :lol:
    Enjoy it, everyone!
    Jude

4. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

It's shame you'll have to miss it, but I hope you have a great time with your sons :)

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Season's 8 premiere tonight. Honestly i laughed almost all the time cause H looked somehow silly with so much make-up and without hairspray, wearing cheap suit. After seeing this episode fourth time i really just noticed fact that in flashback it was same place where Eric was found. Silly me, i wouldn't notice unless my friend didn't tell me that:) Another thing caught my attention was the fact that there was Natalia but then i recalled time she joined lab there was no hint they were met before. Maybe it's nothing but it just hit me at some point.
    Of course very few moment with Ryan.
    Somehow my friend we spoke over phone while watching episode asked me why was the need of showing flashbacks. Honestly i started to wonder too so we decided it was somehow a way to give us a look into history... Just a thought:)
    Well the most funniest moment was when H got his sunglasses :guffaw:
    Ok these were my first impressions of first episode:)

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Well, you won't find any complaints from me about last night's episode! Having put up with seeing very little of H this season, it all came right (for me, at least) with him very much in charge, and doing lab work, and computer work (don't ever remember seeing that). And a real H ending. Notice episode was written and directed by women - wonder if it makes a difference? And weren't the two 'bad guys' the most revolting specimens? Loved it, as you can tell!

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yes. an enjoyable episode.
    Some good H moments. It is good to see him properly in charge, telling the team what to do. It is a role we should see more of. And doing actual csi work. Im glad they are moving away from the portrayal of H as some kind of super hero. I like to see his more human side.
    It was a strong story, and the bad guys were pretty vile. All the team had a good and equal amount of screentime.
    I have never been a big Delko fan, I dont dislike him, but I could take him or leave him. But I really liked him in this episode. Maybe it was through having a break, it was good to see him back. And he wasnt shouting, thats always a plus point with me!

8. DragonFriend95

Had to miss this episode (me and the fam spent a bit too long choosing what kitten to take home :lol:) but saw the repeat and pretty much agree with you guys, this was another great episode!

I'm also not a fan of Delko but I did enjoy his banter with Ryan and H (even though I hate the whole bromance thing I actually 'awed' a bit when Horatio called him brother) I loved H not only giving out jobs like a true leader but actually working along with the team. Kind of weird to see Walter describing some techy stuff to him though (on the other hand, it reminded me of Gibbs and McGee on NCIS)

And I LOVED Ryan in that dark blue tee, very nice indeed :drool: I had to laugh that he tripped at least twice yet Calleigh was fine in her massive heels. It was just ridiculous to watch!

I loved seeing Dave out the lab, and loved even more that Maxine was back (about time!) I actually found myself thinking that Jesse should have gotten a little more time, guess that means I like him now :lol:

8/10!

9. marymagdalen

Finally watched the episode on Demand Five, albeit in several bits as my darn laptop keeps crashing...:(

But - all of the above! Really enjoyed it. I noticed the Walter telling Horatio what's what bit too! And I thought it was a bit unkind having them all standing outside the men's room door while Frank went in with the guy and told him to drop his pants... but it was funny!!:guffaw:

I LOVED seeing Horatio actually RUNNING at the beginning of the episode while chasing the suspect. Well, I guess it was DC's stuntman, really, but... ya know - it made a change from him just appearing round a corner with his gun in his hand!:cool:

And I think I must have missed something right at the beginning - how come they were all on the scene so fast?

Yep, lurved this episode! Let's hope things continue to pick up.
    Jude

10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

ok now i've officially watched 'hostile takeover' (about 10 minutes ago)

at the end of the episode i was hit by a huge laughing fit (Ryan told he could drive but can't reach pedals) :guffaw:

but actually i have a feeling i can't watch tv anymore... i'm laughing all the time and if not than grinning nonstop...

about the episode- i can't say anything bad but it wasn't the greatest episode though. of course the 'new one' had to take off his shirt at first day... wonder about the underlines.
    somehow i wasn't very impressed about this episode. but i wasn't expecting anything (due to fact i read all previous comments on this forum about it and was aware of plot)

but of course Ryan's line was worth to watch episode till the end :hugegrin:

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I enjoyed Hostile Takeover. But I do like that kind of action thing. And at least Jesse with his top off wasnt too bad to look at!

I liked last nights episode. Nothing special, but passed the time nicely.
    Decent amount of Ryan, and I like the fact that they are having 3 or 4 team members in a scene at once. Much more team cohesion than there used to be.
    I had seen this epi before, but Im still not sure what I think of Jesse's talk with Cal. I really didnt like it when I first saw it, because I thought it was totally lacking in emotion. This time around, it didnt bother me so much, because I suppose it wouldnt have fit to have him get really emotional at that point. But I would have liked to have seen a little more emotion- im not sure whether that was down to the writing, to the actor or both. But it did feel a bit flat.

As to last weeks epi- I agree about Cal managing to run around fine in those 6inch heels, and Ryan falling about. I could hardly walk in those things let alone run!

12. DragonFriend95

I agree- it wasn't an exceptionally good episode but it was quite decent and not as bad as some this season.

My favourite scenes had to be any with Alan Ruck. Funnily enough I had watched Bueller's Day Off the day before, so it was weird him being all grown up :lol: I found the scene where Horatio snatching his phone particularly pleasing . Special mention also goes to Dave, Travers and Stetler coming back, even if the latter two were rather brief.

I thought Walter was being a bit too smart again...it might just have been me, but I thought he was in it more than usual and solving more than Ryan (who was also in the ep for a decent amount of time)

On the other hand, I can hardly remember Frank and Natalia's scenes. It seems very weird that they emphasised Natalia's loss of hearing then have her acting perfectly normal afterwards. Talk about typical Miami mood backlash :shifty:.

All in all pretty good. 7/10

13. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

on which days and on what channel comes csi maimi in UK becaue I'm going to london in 2 and a half week and I would like to see some csi miami Xxxx

14. DragonFriend95

CSI: Miami airs on Tuesday 9pm on Channel Five. It also airs on FiveUSA but it's usually random times :)

15. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

thank ya xxx