Miami season 8 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I thought it was a good story. Nice to see some personal stuff for Jesse. (I think Tony was going to be prosecuted for murder, but there wasnt much of a case against him really- he could have blamed it on the other guy. So he probably would get off)
    The LA shots were abit much. And I agree, alot of obnoxious people there.
    The H and Eric 'bromance' wasnt so bad in this. Although you wouldnt think Eric would be top of the list of suitable people to supervise H and check what he was upto given there closeness. ...
    I lie Malcolm McDowell, so really enjoyed his stint. Think Rob Zombie did a good job with the epi- loved the opening, and all the horror style parts.

2. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Oh yeah, I forgot about Malcolm MacDowell's character. He was obnoxious too!!:lol:

3. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Malcolm McDowell was great as the odious, obnoxious lawyer. Loved that no matter how obnoxious he was, Horatio refused to rise to it. Tony and his pal/bodyguard (the ex-Dolphins player) were obnoxious too.

Good ep though. I liked the Jesse stuff and Horatio was awesome as always. I take the p*ss out of him, but he's my favourite one on the show.

4. marymagdalen

Me too! :cool::thumbsup:
    Jude

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

A pretty average episode, but enjoyable and with some good twists.
    Lots of Ryan. Loved his comment on seeing the victims house. 'I shouldve been a receptionist.'
    The lift scene with Tom was funny, but the best was when boys were in the lift at the end. I dont think I would have stayed in that lift when the lights were going all dodgy, after seeing a dead body on one that day.
    Shame there was no Natalia. But it seemed like all the others got quality screentime. And yeah, more Dave! Im not a Travers fan, but I thought Jesse was a little mean when he had a dig about a girlfriend to him. That remark seemed rather out of place.

A few twists in the story. I didnt guess who the murderer was, although I am alittle tired today, so amybe that is why!

6. lal

lal Pathologist

I quite enjoy last night episode :) i thought the best bit was when they were in the lift at the end :lol: i also like the bit at the victim's house .

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh I recently saw the famous bear scene and that was so funny:D Actually it was quite funny and like always Ryan made me laugh.

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Yeah that bear scene was very funny.

You know, with all this thing in America about CBS pulling episodes at a whim and Miami always being late because of football over-running, it has given me a greater appreciation of channel 5. It is awkward having to wait so long for the episodes, but at least we get to see them uninterrupted, week after week. And they show plenty of repeats as well.
    Right, Ill end my 5 love-in now!!

9. marymagdalen

I have to agree - Five and FiveUSA both seem pretty consistent, so at least you know where you are with them from one week to the next.:thumbsup:

Enjoy tonight's episode, folks - I have the house to myself tonight, so... uninterrupted viewing here we come!:lol:

Jude

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Very nice, hope you made the most of it!

I enjoyed the last episode. Although, being a Ryan fan there wasnt enough of him for me, this was really Horatio's episode.
    I am very glad they brought Kyle back. Although he looks far too young to be a soldier. But he brings out a vulnerable side to H we rarely get to see, and I like that. It is great that David was given something different to play- his sadness about Kyle going away, and his pain as a father. They have good onscreen chemistry, so its believable.
    The plot was interesting too. I was glad it didnt descend into 'this group of people want to destroy the American way of life' thing that we occasionally get. And it wasnt obvious who the murderer was, which is always a bonus.

All in all a very strong episode.

11. lal

lal Pathologist

I thought the episode was good :) i would like to see of Ryan and Nat , why wasn't Julie there to say goodbye to Kyle , can't believe we are on episode 18 already .

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I was glad Julia wasnt there. She really annoyed me. I would have quite liked a reference to how she was and what she was upto though. But I never want to see her, or those tight black dresses of hers ever again.

13. marymagdalen

Me either! Where did the weeks go?!:eek:

And yes, some reference to Julia would have been appropriate - I can't believe they would both just ignore her or not talk about her at all. (Maybe they did that off-camera!:lol:)

The paranoid neighbour was scary with his "all muslims are terrorists" line, even scarier cos there really are people like that out there! I'm glad they didn't go down that path though, and make it the neighbour that killed him because he was a "muslim threat". That would have been way too obvious.

I thought the plot actually played out well, and the reactions of Natalia and H to what the mother had done to protect her daughter I thought were great - no words were necessary.

So yeah - good episode, loved it, my favourite this season.
    Jude

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Wow you're at 18th epi! Oh my, where the time fly so fast while we're still stucked about ten eppies away. I think it should be epi nr 7 but they for some reason showed one of previous (the famous one where Ryan was hungry). Hope next week they'll show the correct one.

15. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I've been fobbing off Miami recently since it clashes with another show and the eps haven't sounded interesting enough to watch the repeat. I did catch this one though and I loved it. Could've asked for a bit more Ryan and Natalia but the H/Kyle interaction more than made up for it. I hope he isn't leaving the show permanently now, Horatio is really sweet when he's with his son and David and Evan work really well together.

I also enjoyed how they didn't go down the racist American kills Muslim route, like I was half expecting it to. It was a strong plot, and overall I enjoyed the episode :)