Miami season 8 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 8, 2010.

1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Great episode. definitely my favourite so far of this Season. But I would say that, wouldn't I? It's so great to see David's talent, which they waste 90% of the time.

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Definitely good to see David being given the opportunity to do something different.

Last weeks episode was ok.
    Things I liked-
    I like there being 3 cases, unfortunately its a shame that in every csi show nowadays they are always related. There must be enough crime in these 3 major cities that there would be a couple of unrelated deaths on the same night, from time to time.
    The 3 separate crime scenes at least gave us more Frank, who has been greatly missed this season. And Walter and H working together. They have a great mutual respect between them-lovely to watch.
    The deaths were all different. And the impaled body was pretty impressive, although rather grusome.

Negative points-
    Unfortunately they used the 3 cases as an excuse for even more split screens. And I absolutely hate split screens. How are you supposed to see what is going on in 3 different pictures?!
    Didnt like how they made Ryan look rude, hanging up on Tom. I thought Ryans OOC moments were all gone.
    The case was too much like a New York one a few years back. Not very original.

But saying that, I did enjoy it. I have already seen tomorrows episode,(which is good, because I will be out tomorrow and miss it anyway) and although it is rather strange it is good and original. Think I will have to record it :)

3. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I always get annoyed when they use the 'spring break' theme...I had no idea what it even was until a few weeks ago :p

Nevertheless I did quite enjoy the episode; I agree that it can be annoying when two or more cases turn out to be connected, but I don't think Miami is as bad with it as Vegas is (where almost every week it's 'OMG our cases are connected!')

The whole split screen effect didn't bother me cause I can concentrate on more than one screen at a time (I've been playing the DS almost every day since it first came out :p.) although I think they could at least crop some of the scenes so that they wouldn't have to fit them all together like that.

I didn't see Ryan as being particularly rude- I think that both him and Tom are pretty prideful and wouldn't apologise for being snarky to each other so easily- and besides, I love the little 'feud' they have going on- it creates some nice conflict without going overboard ie the Ryan/Eric conflict. I could be just saying that because I think their scene are pretty funny though :lol:

Oh, and it was lovely to see so much Frank! We really need more of him :)

Overall about 7/10

I don't know what's happening tomorrow since I can't really be bothered to check, but I think I'll look forward to it.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ They do like there spring break episodes. But I suppose a load of students drinking too much and being really stupid does lend itself well to the show!
    Totally agree- Vegas is worst at the every case is connected thing. Last season it seemed to be every other week, which is a shame because they used to do multiple cases so well in the early seasons.
    Split screens are a pet hate of mine.Im not a multi-tasker and this extends to different pics on tv! Im not sure how tptb think they add to the show...........

I guess you are right about Tom and Ryan. At least it is not full on conflict. Ryan and Eric got quite difficult to watch together at one point.

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Yay finally this episode! Waited for it whole summer.
    Count Me Out is so far best epi. I liked how Jesse and Walter played basketball, it was nice to see their interaction. Also I liked how caring was Ryan about Natalia. It was kind moment between both. And how he talked to her about her hearingissues. He was very sweet.

And finally I saw H's anger, though he was all in all very composed. And look at that H in lab, wearing white coat and working :eek:
    Really rare moment.

Poor Natalia. I really felt for her (somehow know how she felt that moment, when she walked to elevator).

Loved how Calleigh dealt with that rude woman. It was nice and humorous moment.

Pretty scared when Jesse aimed at Walter, in beginning, but later I kinda got that.
    Walter looked very frightened.

All in all nice episode. Learned something new (about prints lifting).

My rating 8/10.

6. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

:wtf::angryrazz:

I accept that Miami is hardly the most realistic show in the world, but did they really expect me to take this Melinda Gordon-esque crap seriously? I don't remember anyone asking for a cross between Ghost Whisperer and Smoke Gets In Your CSI's, and for me anyway it certainly wasn't welcome.

I'm not buying that Calleigh would fall into another coma while Ryan remained perfectly fine. It was jarring the first time they did it in SGIYC, and it was even more jarring now. I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure that Ryan would suffer some sort of repercussions despite being in the smoke a few seconds less than Calleigh was :rolleyes:

And I just couldn't take the 'Calleigh's in a coma' revelation seriously because the only thing I could think was 'I want a shirt the same colour as Natalia's' :lol: I thought it looked really good on her.

And I found it completely ridiculous that the doctors would let Eric stand that close and basically get in the way of reviving Calleigh. I'm not even going to say my thoughts on the whole 'Eric angsting at her bedside' scenes (cause we totally haven't had that before :rolleyes:)

I enjoyed Vegas' Toe Tag because it was an interesting, quirky look at the whole afterlife thing, but this just felt like a blatant ripoff, and I really detest the Ryan + fire formula.

Only thing I could say I enjoyed was that there was pretty balanced screentime, and Ryan got soaked :lol::drool:

4/10, and that's generous of me.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I cant remember the specifics now, but I know I liked the episode when I saw it earlier this year.
    I generally like sci-fi/fantasy stuff, so this was right up my alley.
    I agree that it was silly to have Cal on deaths door yet again, and Ryan perfectly fine after yet another fire, but I long gave up with expecting anything realistic from Miami. And at least this time round (as opposed to SGIYCSIs) they had Ryan show some concern for Calleigh.
    Eric around the hospital bed- yes that was annoying. They wouldnt have let him be so near her in those circumstances.
    Overall though I thought it was a good, if far from perfect, attempt to do something different.

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Hi. How's everyone doing with all the snow?

I enjoyed last nights episode. Ryan looked hot, and loved the 'somebody stole the stolen diamonds' line.
    Interesting way to have Delko back. Im glad Natalia's hearing aid story wasnt completely forgotten, and actually was useful in this epi. Not sure they would let Delko do an investigation like this on former colleagues, but hey, they seem to make up the rules as they go along in Miami.
    Not much Jesse, but the others seemed to get a decent amount of screentime. Nice to see what Jake has been upto, even though I was never really fond of the character.

Good plot, with a nice twist. Liked the way they hid the gold- very inventive.

I cant believe that we are near the end of the series now! Too fast.............

9. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i really enjoy this episode, it was nice to see the return of Jake , i wonder who it is who is stealing the evidence ? can't wait to see next week episode .

10. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Minus 2 degrees, and 25 inches of snow here... This morning my office thermometer said "You are in danger of hypothermia"... nice!:guffaw:

Yeah, good epi this week - nice plot, interesting twists. Probably my eyes playing tricks on me (way too much studying at the mo!) but I'm sure one of the girlie thieves at the beginning had a beard...:wtf:

And speaking of beards: anyone else see a resemblance between the hairy Jake Berkley and a beardy David Tennant? No? Oh. OK. Just me then. (Yup, way too much study...:lol:)

Hope you're all keeping warm.
    Jude

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Not so bad here in Manchester. Little bits of snow, which have unfortunately turned to ice. Very slippy! I was visiting my family in Co. Durham last weekend, and it was bad there. I thought I wouldnt make it back to Manc, but to my suprise my train was dead on time. I was very impressed!

I am really unobservant, so cant say I noticed the beard on the girl.
    Jake and David Tennant? Maybe. I didnt like Jake's look in this epi, he looked like a tramp or something.

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well I managed to see half of the last episode. Someone rang me halfway through, how dare they! I will have to watch the next half some time this week.
    I have seen it before, wonder what everyone thought about the Stetler revelations? I wasnt impressed with that part of the epi. He wouldnt have done that. But the rest of it, very good. Glad that Jon got the opportunity to shine again.
    Only 1 epi to go! Its gone too fast!

13. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Caught up with the last two episodes, and really liked them both.

Mommy Deadest was a great storyline - the mom was just so creepy, the dad totally unwilling to accept what was going on and to do anything about it, and the kids trying to keep it all quiet cos it's not the sort of thing you talk about in polite society... Really liked that one!

And this week's - I wasn't too sure about Stetler being the bad guy either, Fairylights. I liked the way it played out, involving Sully and the others, but pitching it all onto Stetler like that at the end seemed a bit... well, daft! And sloppy. I love the way Stetler keeps trying (and failing!) to get the better of Horatio, and I like how Horatio and Stetler play off each other, but Stetler's always for some reason got their backs when it comes to the crunch; I guess we won't be getting any more of any of that now, which is a shame.

Can't believe there's only one more episode to go! Still, it looks a good one, from the trailers. And I guess they'll be re-running the season in the new year anyway, so all is not lost!:guffaw:

Jude

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I also really liked Mommy deadest. It was an interesting story, and although I immediately suspect any child in Miami of murder, because they have done it sooo many times!, they did put some good twists in there and everyone was quite believable.
    I always liked Stetler. Ok so he was often the bad guy, but he was with IAB, and seeing some of the things that these csi's get upto they needed keeping in check from time to time. He was always doing his job. I didnt like the lack of explanation they gave for him to have crossed to the dark side. David Lee Smith is a great actor, and I will miss him on Miami. He played Stetler with a depth most opponents of H dont have at all.
    I have already seen the finale, and yes it is a good one. Enjoy!

15. lal

lal Pathologist

i can't believe we are on the final episode :(