Melina Kanakaredes Fan Project

Like, for the Z page I couldn't choose between Zagorakis, Zeus or Zorba so I think I'm gonna go with them all .

J[, I really think you should go for Zeus. He was the father of all gods and he's been a huge influence for the modern Greek culture ;)

^oh,zeus is my father.. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:>!*just talking to myself* ;)

you can do what you like and think is the best...When you were doing Hill's project they were people who met him,right/?

MissRoosFox said:
Like, for the Z page I couldn't choose between Zagorakis, Zeus or Zorba so I think I'm gonna go with them all .

J[, I really think you should go for Zeus. He was the father of all gods and he's been a huge influence for the modern Greek culture ;)

Then again when everybody thinks of Greek dancing Zorba almost always come to mind. The dance has become legendery ever since the film was released & it's always done at the Greek fests. Also, Zagorakis was the captain of the Greek national team when they won the Euro Cup two summers ago. I'm still gonna use Zeus though :).

Keep up the good work guys. Today I received this amazing poem. There's 19 days left so keep it coming :D.

This is such a great project. I couldn't help but think about it last night when Stella was talking about Greek mythology. Melina is so proud of her Greek heritage that it bleeds over into her character. I know all the extra little Greek touched Jorja is putting on this project will mean a lot to her.

^ You gave me an idea. I'm gonna incorporate the gods that were talked about last night into the scrapbook ie Hydra, Hypnos etc. I also agree that Melina's passion for her heritage blends in with her character & she looked happy talking about the mythlogy.

I just wonder which Greek club team she supports. athens do you know of any teams that came from Paros or Pontos? It would be easy if she was an AEK Athens or Panthinaikos supporter like myself. I also wonder who her favourite Greek player is. Damn...

Finally, thanks to everyone who has given something in to me. Everything is coming along really well because of you all :D.

well AEK is the athletic team of constantinoupul or instabul if you prefer..and that is kind of related to pontos,I am not sure though!..sorry.. :( :rolleyes:

you can however do something about the national[ethnikes! ;)] teams of football and basket!..lots of good greek players there.. :D

Damn :(. No worries though. There are tons of teams from the central & northern part but I think I'm gonna stick with AEK Athens & maybe Olympiakos since they're such a popular team. I dunno, I get a feeling that Melina supports Basinas or Zagorakis or any of the big name players. Maybe Katsournais too but yeah, I'm defintely gonna go with players from the football & basketball national teams.

Guys, I haven't received any new contributions in the past few days but hopefully I'll get something. I'm still expecting a few things from some people...

^ You don't have to write a message since you already submitted a poem but if you really want to feel free more then free to do it :). If the message is as lovely as the poem I'm sure Melina will love it :).

I finally was able to get photos for the scrapbook & I must say that Naoussa, the place where Melina comes from is stunning. It's situated on the northern part of Paros, an island in the Cyclades & it has some of the best buildings I've ever seen.

Remember, the deadline is two weeks from tomorrow so keep it coming guys & a big thanks to everyone who already gave something in :D.

CSI_Willows said:
Can you scan your drawing for us, please? :) I can't wait to see it :D

I mean it when I saw she looks like a serial killer. I seriously think her face looks like Chucky. I'll try and scan it for you. It also has some New York buildings and an attempted drawing of a Greek column that might actually be Roman.

Exactly. Not everyone here is a Picasso or Da Vinci so it doesn't matter what the drawing looks like ;). Besides, Melina seems like the kind of person who will appreciate the effort over the quality.

I finally got started on the project & I'm pleased with the outcome so far. I've added in all the contributions I received along with a bunch of photos for each letter & theme. Because of Athena aka athens I've been able to add in the Greek translations as well so on the back the messages & poems are written in Greek :D. The scrapbook would look much better if it was fuller so keep it coming everyone :).

Back