Medium

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by pilgrim, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

A overview of Friday's MEDIUM~

Guy saying last prayer, is then executed by another guy, and then we see him running away, and he falls on the Dubois patio, with litle Marie seeing him she screams and Allison wakes up.. The opening creepy, spooky music, gives me chills~

It was an home invasion and it shows Allison and Scanlon at the crime scene~

Ariel going to go to college and has an interview with a counselor who's coming down from Oregon. A dead guy begins conservation with her, [he died of an heart attack] and tells her that the woman his his wife, and will she deleted a file when she can off the womans lap-top, very weird~

The Dubois have an alarm system installed, and it talks to Marie, werid again~

Allison takes a casserole of Lasagna over to the dead guys wife, and lo-and-behold the guy [Josh] she saw is at the house, he's the perp~

Maries goes down to the police line-up and does see the guy [Josh] but denies it, she's scared~

Ariel has interview lady goes to restroom and she deletes the file she was told too. Apparently he was involved with another woman and had a baby with her, and there's photos on the computer that he doesn't want her to see~

Allison catches Marie talking to the alarm system in the middle of the night, and calms her down. Joe, so cool says if it soothes her then it's OK to talk to it, like an imaginary friend~

Josh is still snaking around in the middle of the night see see him stash the gun in the sewer, then at work there he is talking to Davalos her boss~ There was another home invasion, but Josh was in police custody and couldn't have done it~ Allsion "But I saw him do it":confused:

Ariel tries to retrieve the deleted files cause' she doesn't trust this guy he's miffed. She does ace the interview and the woman says were very excited about you at South Fork College [Oregon]~

Scanlon scours the sewer and does not find the gun Allison saw. The it shows little Marie and with a wire hanger she gets the gun, in same sewer and hides it in the garage, The alarm says "You're a very good girl":eek:

Allison sees the gun in her dream and finds it~

The counselor confronts Ariel and tells her she knows about the files and accuses her of things that didn't happen. Ariel is shaken and just listens and says "I never knew you husband when he was alive" And she didn't get admitted, and she goes "you let this happen, so it's your fault" Ariel cries~

Davalos calls Allison and says the gun was wiped clean and the serial # was filed off, so they can't connect Josh to the murder~

The first guy Sal had hired Josh to kill him because he had Hungington's disease and didn't want to suffer and he was the one talking to Marie via the alarm system, and was responsible for everything Marie did and didn't do~

He did it so his family could collect the insurance money and thought of it as an assisted suicide, with a little ins. fraud thrown in. He goes to Allison "don't call the police and I'll tell you who the other murderer is" A good proposition, in his twisted thinking, cause' he knows who killed the other 5 home invasion people. Allsion goes "A name who did these", she asks, he tells her to "go get a piece of paper", when she does that's it:wtf: to be continued~

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  2. Desertwind

Ariel begns losing years of time in her life, forcing her to try to get back to the present with the help from her future self

3. Desertwind

This episode was so off the wall it was hard to follow. starts with Ariel not coming out of the bathroom and Joe finally has her open the door, and she'as a old woman with the same voice, the Allison wakes up, she goes into her room and it's 3 am and Ariel is still studying. Allison tell he to get some sleep, she's go a hugh test at at school tommorrw~

At school, she's so tired from lack of sleep and guy randomly offers to let her take a nap in his station wagon befor her next class. She wakes up and doesn't remember how she got there. Later she'e baby sitting and the baby is crying she goes downstairs and finds the woman shot to death. The police are there, and Allison comes to pick her up, again she remembers nothing~[what a good actress this girl is, so dramatic]~

At school the next day she's not feeling well and a teacher offers to take her home upon arriving she goes "this is not my house" and lo-and-behold she's got a husband and a 5-yr. old daughter :confused:

She goes over to her parent house and their old now, and Allsion says "everything will be Ok, you must go home to your husband and baby girl", she does but is afraid she's lost 10 years of her life. Then she dreams of the one who killed the mom and tells Davalos and the husband is the main suspect, he admits he was lying about the night she was killed, he was with another woman. The husband confronts her and goes "why are you doing this either you confused or a very malicious girl"

The she sees a tape of her 25th B-day party still has no memory of anything. She then finds out her mom is also dead and she's at the cementary, [hard to follow] he kid who let her stay in his car is Brendon and he shot his mom, Apparently this was a hugh dream and all of it was in her dreamstate. I was really confused on this. It's one thing to dream about a murder, but another to not understanding anything about anything:confused:

4. Desertwind

This show has it's own forte for sure, so off-the-wall, and bizarre~

Starts in a pig pen with a woman talking to them like her children, one called it Mr. Squirrel escapes and a kid calling him, here we go again~

Some one stabbing a pig, and Allison wakes up, and it's Joe's B-day~

Bridget makes him a comic book with pictures of him she cut out. Ariel gets him a sweater and Maire a action robot figure~

Allson at work and a guy in the elevator is eating a ham sandwich, and she hears a pig squeeling:eek:

Meets up with Scanlon and she goes "Did you hear that"? he goes "hear what"?

In Davalos' office an animal rights activist, who works for SARC a girl she hired is missing Melissa, hired to find if their was animal abuse on the said farm. So she wants to call a press conference and they tell her to wait a few days, until they investigate her disappearence furthur.~

Scanlon and Allison go out to the farm and he goes "if anyone wants to stop eating meat, they should get a whiff of this place":(

Allison recognizes the pig she saw in her dream and goes "I know that pig" it's Barney" The she goes "I know that tree" Scanlon goes "You know the pig, you know the tree, something tells me you leading another life I know nothing of":lol:

Allison goes "I think the girl is dead"

Joe loves his gifts, especially his comic book, but the man form the comic book/toy store calls and says Marie shoplifted the action figure. he tells Allison that this looks like one he had as a kid, when his mom used to write his name on his toys with red finger-nail-polish~Joe had wanted lamb-chops for his B-day dinner but Allison says at the market the "lamb chops were screaming at her", so she made veggie lasagna~

Allison has another dream where the littl piglet was crying for his mom when they were taking her away to the slaughter house~

Allison and Scanlon talk to the missing girls bloyfriend and while talking to him she sees that he had recived a DVD. He denies it~

Joe goes to the toy store and pays for the action figure $350. then he goes home and Allison had bought Barney the pig for $500:eek:

It then shows the boyfired blackmailing someone on the phone for $50,000 or he's turn over the DVD to the police. [he did have one]~Allison wakes up~

Store owner calls Joe again and says that Marie stole another action figure [from the Gallatica collection] He brings up on the internet "why is you child stealing"~

Allison dreams that Victoria & Melissa were under that weird tree arguing and she knew that Victoria was stealing from her own organization from donations that weren't her's. Melissa says she'd made copies of her files and was going to turn her in. When she turned to walk away Victoria shot her.:eek: She was so adamant about her disappearance and was the least possible suspect~

Allison tells Davalos he said no proof and her record was clean. Allison goes "NO she's a thief and a murderer"~

Joe aks Marie why she stole another toy and she goes They were yours they had your name on them in red finger nail polish. they were his, his mom had sold them to the toy store:eek:So that's why Marie took them~

Allsion then sees Victoria feeding Melissas' body parts that were dismembered to the pigs GROSS:klingon: They had X-rayed Barneys stomach and her fingers and teeth were inside:angryrazz: and a 38' caliber bullet also which she was shot with. That's why Allison was wanting to save this little pig> She signs a confession So frickin' off-the wall:cardie:

Next week is the season finale~

5. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Great news for all Medium fans as the show has been renewed by CBS for the next season.

6. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I am glad to hear that Grissom Rules. The finale was an interesting take on Ariels acceptance to Darthmouth U ...Allison dies and takes control of Ariels life by having her do what she (allison) has done while alive and in doing that kills Ariels life and happiness, and she then turns to drinking to tune out mom and Allison realizes that she has lost her daughter for good. Wakes up to find out she is alive and it was a dream and lets Ariel go to Darthmouth. Is Ariel coming back for next season though??

7. Desertwind

Hey "Medium" fans, strange:confused: I just finally watched the finale and talk about off-the-wall.. :confused: my overview of this last episode of the season~

Starts w/ Ariel reminiscing about past events in her mind..the mail comes Ariel gets accepted to Dartmouth in New Hampshire, Allison gets a letter for her doctor which she tries to hide from Joe. He finds it, and confronts her with it. he wasnt to try a experimental drug to supress any potential siezures or tumors. Joe encourages her to go see him, she says she will.

On Ariel going so far away to school her and Joe disagree, Allison wants her to say close to home, Joe says "let her go where she wants"~

Morning, Joe can't wake Allison, she's dead, showing after funeral get together with everyone we all know on the show and then some All the girls are sad and crying, Ariel is really upset crying her eyes out [great little actress]~

A ghost [Teri Polo] appears to Allsion who's observing the services , says she was murdered:(

Allison appears to Ariel and they chat..OK now this is getting weird She goes "tell you dad I'm happy and in no pain & that he was my everything and the love of my life" "Tell you sisters that I love them and am so proud of them".. this is so sad:(

Seh tells Ariel about the murdered girl, and that he's holding another girl hostage~

Six months later, Ariel decides to go to Mesa AZ. college to please her mom. She keeps coming to her and telling her about crimes, and is driving her nuts, and Joe is worried about her [this is really off the wall] She goes to Davalos and then he dies. IS THIS A DREAM?:confused: She's driving Ariel crazy, and they catch the guy but the girl ghost lied [way to complicated to post]:vulcan:

So the end it was a DREAM:rolleyes: Made Allison reflect about her life and the girls and Joe and the affect she had on them. Then the last scene at Scanlon's wedding,:beer: and Ariel is going to Dartmouth, some psycho babble about her thoughts and whatever.. and they all toast TO THE FUTURE This show is so off the wall as of late, so twisted and far-fetched, it makes me wonder if I want to continue to watch it:(

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  8. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I have to agree, I hope next season is the last and they end it well and not beat it to death.

9. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I think, when they filmed this episode, TPTB thought the show might be cancelled, so they made this an episode which could have served as the series finale. But it wasn't cancelled (and Ghost Whisperer was - who'da thunk!), so now they have to reconcile Dartmouth, somehow. My question: is there anyone out there who didn't see "oh, it was a dream" coming? :lol:

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: People.com

Patricia Arquette and Thomas Jane Split

Patricia Arquette and Thomas Jane are breaking up – again

Despite working through a separation last year, the Medium star and Hung actor have decided to get a divorce, his rep tells PEOPLE.

"The split is completely amicable and their prime focus is their daughter," says the rep. "They ask that their privacy be respected at this time."

The actress first filed for divorce from Jane in January 2009, but the two reconciled later that year.

Arquette, 42, and Jane, 41, met through friends in 2001 and were married in Italy in May 2006. Their only child together, a daughter named Harlow Olivia Calliope, was born in February 2003.

11. Desertwind

That's rather bizarre, she was on "The View" last week, and raving about him. he "was such a great actor" [it showed a pic. of him, nice looking] and "how they had such a great marriage", blah-blah-blah.. she seemed so 'happy' and so contented about the two of them.. so once again..what happened?:confused:

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well from the sounds of the article they both seem to still like each other, they just can't be married, it happens alot. As to the raving, maybe at the time neither one was ready to let it out what was happening. But as to further I have no clue just going to respect their request for privacy. And will have to go on what they put out when their ready.

ETA:

Patricia Arquette files for divorce in Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES – Court records show Patricia Arquette has filed for divorce from fellow actor Thomas Jane in Los Angeles.

The "Medium" actress cited irreconcilable differences as the reason for the breakup in a divorce petition filed Friday.

It's the second time Arquette has sought to end her marriage with Jane, who now stars in the HBO series "Hung." Arquette moved to dismiss her previous filing in July 2009.

Arquette, an Emmy Award-winner, is seeking legal and physical custody of the couple's 7-year-old daughter.

Messages for Arquette's manager and Jane's publicist were not immediately returned Monday.

The couple were married in May 2006. Court filings did not indicate when they separated.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  13. Desertwind

MEDIUM returns this coming Friday, Sept. 24!

What do you do after killing off you leading lady? Go all Freaky Friday! In last May's finale Medium fell into a cosmic time warp and showed us the death of psychic Allison Dubois [Patricia Arquette] and the devastating effect it had on her loved ones. Now it's time to lighten up. When the offbeat crime thriller returns for it's 7th season, Allison-very much alive-will trade bodies with her 13-year-old daughter, Bridgette [Marie Lark]. "We could use a few laughs", says Arquette, "People really took Allison's death to heart. I happened to call my sister Rosanna, when the finale was on the air, and she was in tears. She said "I can't talk to you right now, you just died". It says alot about our writers that they're still finding ways to surprise the audience". And were suckers for the parent-child switcheroo. "Every one likes to see a different side of life", notes the precocious Lark. 'Adults always want their youth back and kids want to grow up-unless you're an adult still living in your mom's basement and, lets face it we all have one of those in the family". Viewers will see the devilish Bridgette, in mom's bod, working on a big case, while Allison, looking like Bridgette, tries to climb in bed with Joe [Jake Weber], sending him into a panic, it was so mch channeling Marie, because she's such a character", says Arquette. "When she was born, I'm sure she came out and slapped the doctor". What triggers the mother-daughter flip-flop? Creator Glenn Gordon Caron is keeping mum, but says it dovetails with a story about a man who seeks Allison's help with his homeless dad. "someone is paying the father to do degrading things on camera, says Caron. "He becomes a sort of Internet celebrity but, eventually, one of the stunts kills him". But the biggest drama of the fall has nothing to do with psychic stuff. Sofia Vassilieva, who plays eldest daughter Ariel, has started college, and will miss several episodes. So will her character. "Ariel is going off to Dartmouth, and that'll throw off the balance in the Dubois family", says Caron. "Allison will deal with the loss of her duckling by going to law school. It will have a huge impact on the show"

TV Guide, writer Michael Logan.. Sept. 20-26!

14. Desertwind

I can't believe how this riveting show has seem to have gone to the dogs. What happened? This episode was absurb, to say the least. Allison and her daughter change places, silly and not beliveable. If the writers thought this was "quaint" well I for one didn't think that at all. Patricia Arquette is still an amazing actress and good as a 12 yr. old but the whole episode just was dumb. A big waste of a good cast. Lets get back to Allison solving murders. :confused:

15. Desertwind

Allison sees bizarre symbols floating above folks' heads that could be a love-connection mechanism

TV Guide Sept. 27-Oct. 3~