Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electra

electra Pathologist

Actually ,The scene with Lindsay was my least favorite of the season.It was as if their relationship was still testy when I know they get along better now.I wanted at the end to have a scene where they looked at each other with Catherine being a proud mama.I hope we get better scenes next season.

2. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I been thinking the same thing! I seriously want her to do narration for some documentary or a children's book. Her voice just makes me think of butter on hot toast in the morning. It's just so good.:lol:

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Marg has actually done narration for an anti-war documentary called "Not on the Frontline". I swear I had that one, but I can't find it anywhere now. :(

4. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

After reading some tweets from KayLyne, I had to pop in season one, and man, Cath was so take charge. I feel like they've taken that away...Watched Too Tough To Die, and the scene with Warrick and Cath and the dummy STILL cracks me up.

5. electra

electra Pathologist

I agree.What I liked the most were her interactions with Grissom.She said what needed to be said without caring who was the boss.I am finally going to buy all seasons on DVD look forward to watch everything again and again.

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I don't know if they have taken that away. She's just different. A different type of leader. And yea, she is still in charge. ;)

7. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Well, maybe "taken away" isn't the right phrase. But she was definitely more take charge, in your face, hands on. In fact, sometimes I watch the older episodes and forget who was actually in charge, her or Grissom. She's a great leader now, but yeah, back in season one-twoish, she was more feisty and bring-it-on. And I blame that on the writers. Now, they've kinda made her soft, and I feel like people (Ray and Nick especially) get away with stuff that they should have her permission with. I mean, granted, they probably do, we just don't get to see it. :lol:

Ho hum...M is a hot leader.

8. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Really? Let me try to look for it on Amazon. Thanks, EricaSJ.:)

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^^ No problem. Good luck!

And so Marg submitted herself to the Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series category at the Emmys (as usual). Slim chance, but hope she'll finally get a well-deserved nod. *fingers crossed*

CSI is submitted to the Outstanding Drama Series category (again), too. You can see a list of the show's submissions in the performers, writing and directing categories over here.

10. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

The Emmy committee people are haters, so I expect no Marg love. I wonder what episode she submitted herself for. I'm thinking it may have been The Panty Sniffer. That's the only episode really that they gave her enough good, dramatic material to really work with.

Oh, well. M has said before it's more about the fans than anything, so it's hard to be negative if not being nominated doesn't really bother her.

I don't see many noms for CSI as it is, except for maybe Bill Irwin, and almost positive for directing for Family Affair, simply thanks to that amazing opening shot. The Emmy people seem to not really care about CSI.

11. electra

electra Pathologist

Has Marg ever been nominated to an Emmy?Someone told me she did in the first season of CSI. If not it is a shame.She has given us so many awesome performances.But she is still a winner in my book.:)

12. ladyhunter

TPS was a pretty Cath-heavy episode. ;) She was great in that one. Loved the part about going to play craps, blackjack, going shopping, etc... her eyes were totally lit up during that scene.

I'm also thinking she get one for Meat Jekyll. She and Brass were awesome in the opening scene. ;) That's the Catherine I think of.

13. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

She has five Emmy nominations. Three for China Beach (1990-92) and two for CSI (2001, 2003). She won supporting actress in 1990. :)

14. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

^^^And they have never forgotten her. :lol:

"First of all, my name is not Marge, it's Marg....it gets mistaken a lot."

15. ladyhunter

I wish Marg luck. I hope she does get an Emmy nod. That would be awesome. It would be cool to know what episodes she nominated herself for. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.