Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

K Bug, I keep staring at your avi, and yea, what's not to like??? hehehe I had to take mine down, to distracting. :lol:

I'm hoping we get another good Catherine line, or two from the finale. Not just all the angst and suspense with the Dr. Jekyll stuff. I'm really looking forward to her showdown with Brass. I'm wondering if she is with Vartann when that happens?? That could be very interesting!

2. electra

electra Pathologist

I am also looking forward to Catherine and Brass scenes tomorrow.Both are sassy and have wit so good lines should come.I may even get a new signature!!

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You're so right electra both Brass and Cath are so sassy and don't take crap from anyone that I think it'll be really interesting to see them face off, so to speak. I'm sure that even with this difference between them the respect and care they have for each other will prevail after all is past.

I'm also looking forward to see what comes of Cath and Vartan's relationship. We're supposed to know a bit more about them tomorrow so we'll see.

4. electra

electra Pathologist

This is exactly what worries me.That somehow Catherine relationship with Brass may be affected.I remember the scene where she comes to his office to have a drink and I really do not want that destroyed.

5. ladyhunter

I did like the confrontation. It's on the spoiler thread if you want to check it out. It's exactly how I thought it would be. Both are firery, fierce and driven. That's why it was great to see them face off.
    I don't think their friendship will be ruined. At least I hope not. He always seems to be there for her. Especially now that Grissom is gone. What also interests me is how Vartann fits into all of this. How going over Brass's head will affect her relationship with Lou.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

That was a great finale IMO. I hadn't been so nervous during season a finale for years. The last ten seconds, though, was kind of lame to me. It would have been so much better had they kept Larry's contract status secret. Really, not much of a cliff-hanger. Brr.

My two favorite scenes are the VCR one and the one where Catherine went to visit Joe Bigelow's former agent (her old customer). As I said in the pic thread, she was heartbreakingly beautiful in it. And you really could see how much of a people person she was! And when the team was in the deserted restaurant and saw the "wall of fame" which proved Haskell was telling the truth? "I'd like to be the one to tell Brass." Oh Cath. Smug, aren't we? :lol:

Here is a video clip of a report on cancer awareness that includes an interview Marg did when she was in Omaha, NE for University Hospital Ausiliary's charity event back in April. Click to watch.

7. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Haven't posted in here for quite some time, but now I have to!

I really liked Cath in the finale! Well, of course she could have had more screentime, but the scenes we got were pretty darn cool. I loved the scene with Vartann. Her smile was incredibly sexy! And then, when they were talking about Bigelow's former agent and she said "I sat in his lap a few times" and Greg (or was it Nick?) asked "When you were a little girl?" and her answer "NO! When I was a big girl!" cracked me up :lol: She was breathtakingly beautiful in this episode. There could have been a bit more suspense and action in general but I'm okay with the finale. :)

8. ladyhunter

I liked it too. More than I thought I would.

The opening scene with her and Brass was great. I loved the firey, fierce, toughness between those two. They play so well off each other.

Yea, her scenes were pretty much limited to the beginning, but they were great.

Another favorite line from Catherine, "nice tough cop act."
    Brass: "That wasn't an act."

9. electra

electra Pathologist

Brass and Catherine confrontation is probaby my favorite of the episode.It was way intense.

I have a question to all Catherine/Marg fans.I have read that Catherine was bitchy in the finale (nothing wrong with that) but I wanted to know if some of you feel that she can be that way.I think she can be but I just happen to like that about her.Maybe sassy and fierce is the more appropiate word but it has to do with telling people like it is.She was great with Grissom in that way and that's why their friendship was awesome.

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

If she wasn't bitchy, she wasn't Catherine! :lol:

Seriously, though, I don't think she was particularly bitchy. In the opening scene, all three of them were quite worked up. You see, I think Ray's remark on Jim (that he didn't get any lead to help solve the case) and Jim's Sam Braun references to Catherine were harsh, too, but as Catherine said, they were all trying to do their jobs. They just didn't agree on how to do it right. Personally, I'd give Catherine kudos for not getting pissed at Jim's mention of Sam. I think they all understood that it was the job, and they all made up at the end (to me, Catherine and Jim sort of made up when Jim went into the observation room, in their own way). I wish some fans would understand it, too.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

That pretty much sums up what I was gonna say. I actually really like when she gets a big attitude. She just does it so well :lol: and it's so much fun to watch.

I loved her on the finale. Her scene with Vartann was hot ;)
    Her scene with Brass was great and I just had to laugh when she made the "lap" comment and when she was interrogating the dude "I bet you say that to all the cops" :lol:

12. ladyhunter

I never thought she was bitchy. I thought she was straightforward and didn't back down. Jim brought it up probably to rattle her some or as a last straw sort of thing. Whatever it was, she wasn't bitchy, she actually took charge of the situation instead of letting Dr. Jekyll kill again and again.

That's why I loved that scene with her and Brass. Neither one of them backed down, it was great to see what she is like under pressure. I thought she was great and ultimately did the right thing. And it's not like she didn't have another plan, "if he starts screwing with us, weld his cage shut, send him back to Ely."

And now we know what Vartann likes in her, her guts and her willingness to stand by her decisions. ;)

13. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I don't think that she was a bitch in the finale. Yeah, she was feisty, but it's not like she was hovering over everyone with a power trip. In fact, I think that Catherine was as classy as ever. Yeah, the opening scene was intense as anything. However, if anyone was out of line there, it would have been Brass for playing the Sam Braun card. I mean, you'd think that Brass would be the last person to bring up family, especially with all the stuff that he has had happen with Ellie. To me, the Sam comment was a low blow, and I give kudos to Catherine for being able to keep a cool head. I think that the Catherine of season 4ish probably would have told him off without thinking twice. But Catherine (and M) have really matured into the leader role.

Oh, the VCR. *swoons* I absolutely loved that scene. And funny how it only took about 45 seconds and didn't distract from the rest of the episodes. There was no need for a mushy love scene. Cath and Vartann were the definition of class, yet you can tell Cath is smitten just by the look in her eyes. Great scene, and I really hope that if M chooses not to come back, that we at least get closure to this storyline.

14. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

So...are Cath and Vartann sleeping together now? I feel like I missed that in the finale.

15. ladyhunter

AFIS, here is the scene from the finale.

Catherine/Vartann scene

I think the part where he says, " Now I know why you got up so early this morning." Sort of assumes that they were in bed together.

And yea, it was classy and subtle and it didn't take up the whole episode. I'm with you Katie, I want to see some closure on this even if Miss M doesn't come back, it would be nice to see where the relationship is going.

I loved the Brass/Cat scene. It was intense and she held her own, regardless of what Brass flung at her about her father. Made me love it even more. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.