Marg/Catherine #7.0 ~ Totally Thud Worthy

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Damn she looks hot in those videos!

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Bubbles, you can't imagine Marg with German voice. Believe me:lol: And definitely it's not amusing but it's a nightmare... lol, it's easy to catch here German channels. So I know what I'm saying:p

The worst thing ever in TV is German dubbing. Voices for characters are never suitable. Maybe somewhere is it good, but it's hard to believe for me.

Drumchik, I'm agree with you. She looked there really hot.

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I really hate the people who do Marg and Jorja's voices in the video games. It drives me completely nuts. Everytime I hear them I'm like NO!!!!

4. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

All the CSIs' voices suck in German! I found some clips on youtube which show what I mean. The first clip is the "silk, silk, silk" moment and it has the voices of Nick, Grissom and of course Catherine in it. The second clip is a longer scene with Catherine and Sara. See for yourself and here how horrible all their voices are! But hey, Grissom has Richard Gere's German voice :lol:

I really need to watch the original episodes again, I missed them when I was in Spain! No TV for me for 2 months :eek: Catherine, where are you?! :lol:

5. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

Oh my, her voice is very rough, in the spanish version (not the one for Spain but for latinamerica) her voice is nothing like Marg's, but i think it fits her. lol
    The Opening scene from “Assume nothing”.

6. cathwillows

Yeah it's really different, but I like it much better than the German voice! Grissom's voice is funny, so not used to it. The fact that the guy said "C S I" when the opening credits started made me laugh, not really sure why....in the German version they don't do it. But Marg looks very hot in "Assume Nothing", like that top ;)

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Okay, watching those was weird. LOL. It sounded really funny.

It reminded me of when I was in Italy, I watched Gilmore Girls. The woman they had doing the voice for the mother sounded too young and more like the daughter, and the woman they had doing the voice for the daughter sounded too old and more like a mother. It was REALLY weird.

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

lol. All those clips just reminded me how lucky fans here are for not having to watch the show with dubs. Although somethimes subtitles could be a distraction, but I'd rather have them instead of dubs. :lol:

Thanks for sharing the clips!

9. cathwillows

^^ And as we all know what they're saying anyways, we don't even need subtitles ;) And the thing that bothers me the most is that almost every time the dubs say something different than the original text. It is just annoying. Catherine is only half as cool and funny in German! The German voice doesn't really get the spirit of Catherine, she loses much of what makes Catherine Catherine....if you get what I mean :lol:

10. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I get you. A big part of Catherine is the way she is so quick, has quick little comments and sarcasm (which I love) and I can see how that kinda might disappear.

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Definitely! I think the best way to watch/read something is to do it in its original language. :)

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Totally agree with you Erica. In original is just the best way to watch. When is dubbing it's so easy to not catch a good and funny moment. Very often I had this problem in Polish TV. We don't have real dubbing but a lector. So "behind" lector's voice it can be heard original voice. I'm used to it like Germans to this awful dubbing, but here I always thought: "damn, and another good joke lost in translation."

13. cathwillows

Exactly! LOVE her sarcasm!
    Or for example, as you all know, there are some episodes where Catherine is very emotional (Inside the box, Weeping Willows, Built to kill, etc.) - the dubbed version isn't half as intense, Catherine even seems kinda emotionless. You miss her warmth and her heart, it gets totally lost in the dubbing process. I love Marg's acting, she's always completely the person she's portraying but the German versions just seem blah... :shifty:

14. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Hey guys have you seen the S9 promo. As expected Catherine was only there for 0.05 of a nanosec lol.. but the ep looks promising as far as Cath!drama is concerned. Oh god how I miss the Cath!drama...

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I don't mind Cath!Drama. In fact, I love Cath!Drama, but somehow I doubt this is going to be the case in the season 9 premiere. lol. Some big name is leaving the show after all, and of course his last episodes will be centered around him. :D

I do hope that Catherine will get some decent scenes, though. She and Warrick were close, so close that they almost had something. If her and Nick's reactions get overshadowed by other stuff, I think I'll be very unhappy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.