Marg/Catherine #6.0: Totally Thud Worthy

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edog

edog Lab Technician

You know? I don't know why I'm never in here. Being the multi-shipper that I am, Catherine is in about half of them. :lol: Cath/Greg, Cath/Sara, Cath/Sofia, Cath/Vartann, Cath/Keppler...Um, I think that's it. There's probably another one. Depending on whether or not I'm a surrogate CatNip shipper for hhunter, you could add that one too! ;)

Anywho, I've lurked on occasion, but I don't think I have ever really posted here, so hi! *waves*

I really wanted to pop in here and say I saw Marg on VH1's top 40 stars over 40. I'm not sure about Marg's age, but the special said she was 46. I coulda sworn she was older, so I'm thinking the program is a few years old.

I love the thread name, btw. Very appropriate.

2. kc_from_kc

kc_from_kc Police Officer

Yeah, she's 48 now, so its a couple of years old. She's still at the top of my list though!

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Aw Fra. *pets* I'm sure Marg would love you, but you've got to find some way to get to know Hughie first. Hurry, we Marg fans are dependent on you. :D

I totally agree with you and your sis, Heather. BTK might not be the best episode (too much drama for me), but Marg's performance in this episode was absolutely fantastic (sorry, watched too much Simon Cowell these days :D). Just outstanding.

4. edog

edog Lab Technician

I thought so! She was #16 outta 40 on the list or something. I wasn't really watching the show. I was channel surfing and saw a big 16 pop up and this beautiful pic of Marg graced the screen. So of course, I had to stop and watch. :lol:

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

hey edog *waves back*
    VHI huh? that tell you how old I am to remember that :)

And I tend to multi-ship Cath as well.... :D

I'm with you Erica, I didn't like Built to Kill (too much drama, I agree :) ) as much as I liked Weeping Willows or even Harvest in terms of Catherine episodes.

Now, I'm not saying that Marg didn't nail the episode, because she did and I totally think she should get the nod at least towards the Emmy for her preformance. :)

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I agree with H and Erica. Although I loved Marg's work in Built to Kill, I felt they tried to cram too much stuff into the episode. I mean, we had almost raped Catherine, kidnapped Lindsey, dead Sam Braun - and that's not to mention the actual cases they worked!

Even if they had removed one thing - say, kept Sam Braun alive (as so many people wanted), it might have been less crowded and it would still have been an outstanding episode for Marg.

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

OK. last thought before I leave...
    Totally agree on this. I actually think they could have strung it out over the full season instead of the MCS or the puky GSR crap. Start with Cath in the motel, Sam gets the ransom note. The threat doesn't work on Sam as he doesn't give in. A couple episodes later, the car crash & Lindsey's kidnapping. She's gone for a full episode (or two). Sam gets the ransom note. He still doesn't give in. A few episodes later, Sam gets gunned down in the street. He's rushed to the hospital, and over the next few episodes, his fate is in the balance as he's in a coma. Towards the end of the season, he wakes up, he & Catherine reconcile their differences - for the moment. That could set up more clashes between the two for season 8 (and it wouldn't still be pissing me off that they killed the guy!).

8. edog

edog Lab Technician

Now that set-up, kaylyne, is exactly how it should've played out.

As much as I hated Brooding!Elliot in Law and Order:SVU, his transition of emotions and the time it took to work through his problems was so much more realistic than the way CSI handles the calamities of our fav investigators. The writers seem to get stuck in their procedural drama nonsense that they forget continuity is possible if they try.

All in all, I agree, Marg kicked ass with what she was given. It's too bad she couldn't really work through all that during the course of the season.

9. ladyhunter

I agree kaylyne :)
    it should have been drawn out for a few episodes. Cramming all those powerful scenes into two episodes was almost too much. I really HATE to say this.... but to me... it was like watching a Lifetime movie :eek: I know, the Marg knocked it out of the park, but for CSI, it was TOO MUCH

I wonder if Cath and Lindsey were in some kind of therapy after that ordeal?

10. samogal

samogal Civilian

The mystery brunette woman, who often pops up in the background (ie. NYC Conan appearance, SAGs, etc...) is Lori Glass, Marg's publicist.

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hahaha thanks for telling us. Saved us from thinking over and over and getting headaches! :D

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I watched Mr. Brooks last week and I've gotta say that I really liked the ending. I think it screams for a sequel. I really hope the box office will be good enough for them to make a second movie. :)

13. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I wonder if Cath and Lindsey were in therapy BEFORE that ordeal? Both them, Nick, Jim etc, really need it! LOL

14. CatherineWStokes

CatherineWStokes Coroner

With an ending like that they have to make another one. Hopefully with lots more Marg this time. Fingers crossed it makes the money it needs.

15. ladyhunter

*is jealous* I want to see Mr Brooks too :)

I'm sure Marg was fantastic :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.