Madison M/ Kay P: Lindsey Willows

Re: MR-KP/Lindsey *Possible Spoilers*

Lindsey was suppost to appear, but did not appear so you did not miss anything.

Also we don't know that the show just dumped Madison for Kay, first of all there are a number of factors in why they wanted the change, such as they needed her older, now granted they could have made Madison older on the show, the problem might have or haven't been that Madison wasn't available, or maybe she just didn't want to do it. We just don't have all the facts to know for sure.

As to the "Catherine - Lindsey" phone call, it was all one sided from what I remember and it was catherine's side.

In Ireland we are just about to have "King Baby" from Season 5 shown so we are way behind you.

I really hope that S7 has much more interaction between Catherine and Lindsey especially if they have changed the actress. I thought Madison was good as Lindsey but I suppose if they need to develop storylines with an older teenager then the change had to be made.

Well, here's hoping for some decent drama in Catherine's life that eventually has a happy ending.

They souldn't dump Madison for Kay. Madison is our origial Lindsey, and she doesn't have to be older. I counted that she has to be 14 now. And Kay Panabaker is 16. :rolleyes: TPTB must be confused. Which is not surprising. :devil:

And about the phone call:
Destiny, you're right, it was all from Catherine's side. :)

I think Maddie McReynolds is a fab Lindsay - I hate it when they just change actresses - like I'm sat there thinking "How can Catherine not realize that her daughter is a completely different person - bad, bad parent!" lol

But I know Kay Panabaker was on Angel and I thought she was tres creepy on that - I'd much prefer it if Madison was kept on. After all, she's been with the show since was was tiny and I think the chemistry between Marg and Madison is fabulous - it's really natural and realistic.

Xx..::Mia-Sara::..xX

Yep she was in two eps of "Angel"
Forgiving (2002) TV Episode..The Girl
Habeas Corpses (2003) TV Episode..Little Girl

Man....I really am kind of sad TPTB is doing this. Both girls are great actresses for their age, but when children on a primetime drama are concerned, I have two pet peeves:

1) Rapid aging of children to an age that's inconceivable for the plot progression of the show

2) Sudden actor changes

Sadly, it seems that both are occuring here. Not only has the Lindsey character become the victim of almost immediate teenagerdom after being a kindergartner in S1, but it's now a completely different, much older girl and we're expected to be okay with it?

I'll be pretty upset if S7 rolls around and Lindsey is learning how to drive or some crap like that, because that's just ridiculous. I'll probably be screaming "She should be in the 7TH GRADE! Gaaah!"

Not cool, TPTB, not cool at all.

i just can't picture kay as lindsey....but tptb must have faith enough in her....i trust their judgement for now....but i will miss madison...

I have always seen Kay as a great actress. Her sister, Danielle, played a co-star in Season 3's "Play With Fire", so, that is probably how Kay got involved with CSI. Also, keep in mind that Lindsey is now fourteen years old. (As Catherine said in the Season 6 Finale.)The show probably needed an older and more mature character to play Lindsey. I'm sure it will work out great.

i just realized that in every role i've seen kay, she's played the sweet innocent pre-teen....the kind of girl that wants to make the world a better place...blah blah blah and all that jazz....so it's hard for me to picture her as lindsey because linds is more of a rebel....

Maybe she doesn't want to be type-casted and that is why she agreed to the Lindsey role, she isn't that type, maybe she really wants to extend her acting further.

Some were asking about this, so I found it.

I thought that while Kay did a nice job as Lindsey she's not Lindsey. I kept thinking everytime I saw her, "Madison could have done that just as well." :(

I didn't see it and I won't judge the acting skills of little Ms Panabaker until I have seen her in action, but I know already that I won't see Lindsay when I watch her.
She can play it to perfection but it will take a while to adjust to the new face (and age for that matter)
I've never approved of actor swapping for a character, especially after having grown to like the original. I will miss Madison. But I'm still giving Kay a chance to prove herself, I've heard she wasn't bad.

Back