Madison M/ Kay P: Lindsey Willows

Re: MR-KP/Lindsey *Possible Spoilers*

Too bad, lol. This was interesting to watch.

But hey who knows... maybe Catherine will clear this up in the ep. :lol:

Sorry for dragging this so off-topic but that textbook is all I've been staring at all week so it was hard to resist not saying anything. :p

Back on topic - I also liked Madison's portrayal of Lindsay. She seemed very much like how I would assume Catherine's spawn would be - essentially good but prone to opening her mouth when sometimes she should just keep it shut. I think as long as they keep the characterization consistent (as limited as it has been) it won't be that bad.

Well as informative as this discussion was, point remains that this is TV and they have the creative license to genetic traits. Great example for me was always Family Ties -How anyone ever saw any of them genetically similar is beyond me.

Back to Lindsey, I was really disappointed and apprehensive with the introduction of a new actress taking the role considering we basically saw Madison grow up, but I agree with the sentiment that Kay brings a maturity to the role. Madison was getting older but still had a very young look IMO. Kay has the 'here comes trouble look' which makes for the realistic drama a single parent should have.

Show me a teen who isn’t a brat at one time or another and I'll show you a genetic anomaly.

ruzila said:
Show me a teen who isn’t a brat at one time or another and I'll show you a genetic anomaly.

lmfao... true that. (You shoulda seen me as a teen)

ruzila said: Show me a teen who isn’t a brat at one time or another and I'll show you a genetic anomaly.
Hmmm that explains me then. :p :D :lol:

I'm sure Kay will play a great Lindsey (I too saw her in Angel as The Girl and thought she was extremely creepy as her so I deducted she was a good actress to bring that out of me, cos I'm not easily creeped lol) but I really will miss Maddie McReynolds! I'm NOT a fan of recastings - I don't think it worked with Sydney on Hope & Faith, I don't think it worked with Ellie Brass and I'm really not sure if it'll work for Lindsey. I just get this thing when I'm watching it like, "Hello, your daughter is a totally different person, you're a bad, bad parent not noticing that!" lol. I think it takes away the realistic edge that is there with continuity in actors.

I loved Madison as Lindsey, and I think they should just keep her cos she's been there from the beginning! I'm sure Kay will be a good Lindsey but IMHO not as good as Madison.

..::Mia-Sara::..

ETA: Can I just add - Kay is one hell of a lucky gal - getting to star in Angel next to he lovely David Boreanaz, and now CSI with the drop-dead gorgeous George Eads!! That's it, I don't like her. :lol:

Yep you can add that, great conversation going on in here, I think both young women are great actresses and while it could be the show just needed to age the actress, so therefore they needed a new one, it could also be that Madison (though I can't find anything) was busy, I also take note above when I copied some of Kay's bio info regarding her and her sister, sharing the fact that they both will be able to say "I was on CSI".

I've been trying to find out the reason too. I checked on IMDB and Madison is not listed for anything. First I thought she might be busy elsewhere but when I saw nothing listed, I thought it might have been CBS or tPTBs. But maybe it indeed is Madison. Maybe it's not just CSI that she doesn't do anymore.

Hay guys. I just opened this thread and just found out that Kay Panabaker is going to play Lindsey. I think that she is a great actress, but for some reason I just dont see her as Lindsey. I mean she has always played such nice girl that I don't think that she would be able to pull off what the original Lindsay (Madison is her name I guess?) would. I mean the attitude, the anger that she would show was so original and I just can't picture Kay doing that. Oh and just to brag, Kay's sister Danielle Panabaker goes to the same college I do :D I've seen her around a few times.

WoW....you guys are really tough on these actress's!

Let's not confuse the character with the actress...Lindsey's
character is changing and Lindsey may not be the sweet girl anymore...I'm sure Kay is there to adddress this change and will do a great job.

As far as Ellie...come on Teal did a fantastic job protraying a hardcore hooker and drug addict...maybe not the
most loved character but a realist look into her life...and you only saw the other Ellie like once 3 seasons ago...

I'm sure the producers choose these actress's because they can deliver.

Give them a chance. I doubt the producers would have chosen them if they did not feel they could do the job. I am certain there were many that auditioned for a role on CSI.

I unfortunately need to see more. I saw her once in S1...the ep where Eddie was going to take her somewhere and Cath fought him and Grissom pulled them apart. Which I loved, btw. And the one S6 or something recent with the hitchiking bratty Lindsey.

I never knew they changed actresses....any idea why?

i think i've actually only seen Madison in one episode too, the same one that Mel23 said she's seen.
I don't even remember which one it was . . .

Re: Madison McReynolds/ Kay Panabaker: Lindsey Willows

I Believe it was mentioned that they wanted an older Lindsey brought in. Madison was born in 1993 (I believe) and Kay was born in 1990 (again I believe).

Found the news Item from this site Death Visits 'CSI' Trio For May Sweeps in which it says E!Online's Kristin reported that a member of the team will get some devastating news. "Sources say we get to know Catherine Willows' teenage daughter in the season finale. With their rocky relationship, I'm hearing Lindsey Willows wreaks a little havoc in Catherine's life, especially when she ends up in a car accident that could be fatal. However, if she does survive, you can expect to see her around again. I'm told producers are contemplating making the character recurring."

Also ALERT: 'ET' On Set Of 'CSI' Season Finale in which Marg states regarding her own character -- Meanwhile, Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger) will be dealing with more personal matters. "I look forward to something that's going to challenge me and put my character in some kind of jeopardy," the actress said. "It means she's going to be out of her element and that gives me an opportunity to try new things."

Back