"MaCalleigh....What Could've been".

Re: "MaCalleigh....What should've been".

That was a great story. I reallly loved it. I can't wait for MaCalleigh's First Christmas. Please add more soon Linda

Catching up on two chapters with so much love in it, that was wonderful Luving! A family reunion in New York :devil: I'm ehr... 'patiently' waiting for your Christmas story.
Thanks for all your writing. :lol:

Welcome to "Macalleigh's first Christmas". You will find this story here, and on FF.Net. This story will bring love, passion, warmth, friendship and family together in one house, "The Taylor House". So sit back and enjoy "Macalleigh's first christmas". :D

It was the week before Christmas, as Mac and Calleigh, got Macalleigh ready, to go Christmas tree hunting. As Mac picked up his Angel, he layed her across the change table, and began dressing her. "Hello, my beautiful Macalleigh, with eyes of turqouise blue, are you excited about finding our first christmas tree". Looking at her daddy with trust and love, she mewed a sound, and fell back to sleep.

"Mac....are you two almost ready"? asked Calleigh. "Just about love, I just have to put on her little boots". Calleigh walked into the bedroom, and found Macalleigh dressed in a beautiful red snowsuit, with little red boots. "Awww...look at her hun, she's gorgeous". "Of course she is love, she has her mothers looks", smiled Mac. "Yeah, with her daddy's grin". "I love you sweetheart", said Mac, as he passed Macalleigh to her mom.

"I love you too, Det.Taylor". Walking together out of the Nursery, they locked the door, and headed to the car. As they put Macalleigh into her seat, she cried. "Waa, waa,waa". "Shhh....it's okay sweetie", said Calleigh, passing her her soother. Starting the car, Macalleigh closed her eyes, and fell asleep. "Buckle up love, said Mac. "Okay Det.Taylor, let's go". Taking Calleigh's hand into his , he began driving.

When they arrived at the tree stop, Mac parked the car, grabbed Macalleigh, took Calleigh by the hand, and began walking through the trees. "Good evening sir, how are you tonight", asked the tree seller. "I'm great, thank you, we are looking for your biggest bushiest tree, and it must be very green", said Mac. "Auuugh....your daughter's first christmas". "Yes, and everything must be perfect her".

As they walked along the path, Mac seen the seven foot tree, that was bright green, and full of bushes. "This one, we will take this one". "Great choice, this is one of a kind, wonderful, I shall have one of my staff, tie it to your car". "Thank you, that would be great". With the tree tied to the Taylor car, Mac, Calleigh, and Macalleigh, headed to the mall, to have their picture done with Santa.

Walking into the mall, Caleigh could see Santa sitting on his chair, chanting...."ho, ho, ho". Arriving in front of Santa, Macalleigh opened her eyes and screamed....Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, waaa, aaaaa,,aaaaa,waaaaa". "Awww...come on love, it's just Santa", said Calleigh, as she sat on Santa's knee with Macalleigh. Taking the baby into his arms, Santa told Mac to sit on his other knee. "Umm...no thanks, I'll pass on that Santa, thank you".

"Mac....said Calleigh, come on, this is Macalleigh's first christmas, let's make it special for her". Knowing how important it was to his wife, Mac sat on Santa's other knee, and with their daughter sandwiched between them, the elf snapped the picture. "Oh..this is gorgeous, come have a look". As Calleigh and Mac walked over, with Macalleigh, they seen the beauty of the photo, all the way to Macalleigh's turquoise eyes. "We will take ten 5x7's, including six 8x10", and 20 wallet size, said Calleigh with excitment.

"Sweetheart, why so many photo's"? asked Mac. "Well...there is Horatio, Stella, Danny, Flack, Hawkes, Sid, our families, and friends, besides that, how often does your team, get to see you, sitting on Santa's knee"? "Listen Calleigh, no one is going to see me sitting on anyones knee". "Sure Mac, now come on, let's go pick out some presents for Macalleigh". "Sweetheart, I'm getting hungry, and I'm sure Macalleigh is too". "Okay, than let's go eat, and then we will do shopping".

With Mac and Macalleigh fed, Calleigh headed to the "Toy's R Us". "Slow down love, the toys are not going to disappear", said Mac. "I know, but it's getting late". As they entered the store, Calleigh's eyes lit up. "Oh Mac...look at this place, and all these toys, let's head over to the baby section". Poor Mac, the only thing he wanted to do, was go home and relax.

The rest of this chapter up at FF.Net

Chapter 2

Later that evening, during dinner, Mac and Calleigh discussed the tree trimming party with their team on thursday. "What do you think Mac, does six sound okay, we can have everyone bring something, and have a huge potluck dinner". "Sounds great sweetheart, this is going to be one very special christmas for our Macalleigh". "I know, having the whole NY family together, along with Horatio and Stella, will be a magical one".

"Sweetheart, when do Horatio and Stella arrive"? asked Mac. "Tomorrow at 5:45pm, I told them you would pick them up". "That's fine, said Mac, as he picked up Macalleigh, and carried her to the den. Laying her upon the blanket, while Calleigh did up the dishes, Mac turned on her musical box, and watched as Macalleigh was soothed back to sleep. "Daddy's Angel, cooed Mac, as he caressed her little hand, as it wrapped around his finger, while she slept.

The following morning, Danny, Hawkes, and Flack showed up at Mac's to help put up the seven foot tree. "Hey Mac, we're here, let's see this tree", said Danny. Taking them out to the back, they all stood in shock and awe. "Damn Mac, how the hell did you get in the back yard"? asked Danny. "It wasn't easy, just like it's not going to be easy, getting it into the house". Flack laughed...."leave it to you Mac, to get a tree this large". As they all grabbed an end of the tree, they carted it into the living room, and with huff's and puff's, they stood it in the stand.

As Calleigh walked in with coffee, she said...."oh my, is that ever large, how are we ever going to fill it with bulbs, and ornaments"? Wrapping his arms around his wife, Mac said..."don't worry love, everyone is bringing decorations tomorrow for the trimming, trust me, the tree will be well decorated, for our daughters first christmas". "Hey Mac, have you decided where everyone is going to sleep"? asked Flack. "Yeah...Calleigh and I have that all figured out, don't worry, it's going to be a wonderful New York christmas".

Once everyone left, Mac had two hours, before he had to pick up Horatio and Stella, at the Airport. "Calleigh....have you got the spare room ready for the Caine's"? "Of course I do, I even put on the black satin sheets, and comforter", she giggled. "You are very naughty Mrs.Taylor". "No more then you Det.taylor", as she teased Mac with her new black jumper. "Come here sweetheart, I want to take you out of that outfit", winked Mac sinisterly. "Dream on detective, I have a roast to watch, and a daughter to feed", as she has just woken up".

When Mac left for the Airport, Calleigh got the dinner table ready with the good china, and wine glasses. "There we are, all set Macalleigh, what do you think sweetie"? "Mew...she purred, as her mom picked her up and cradled her. *Ding dong*. As Calleigh answered the door, she seen Natalia and Eric standing there. "Oh my God...what are you two doing in New York"? "We are here visiting Natalia's friends, and thought we'd stop by and say hi". "Well come in then, said Calleigh with excitement.

"So are you here for christmas than"? "No, we are heading back tonight, Horatio needs us to watch the Lab, while he and Stella are here", said Eric. "Oh...that's to bad, but you will stay for dinner tonight, right"? "I wish we could Calleigh, but our flight leaves in two hours". "Oh my... you guys are leaving, as Horatio and Stella are arriving". "I know, said Natalia, too funny". After talking a little longer, Eric and Natalia, left for the Airport.

Beautiful opening of you Christmas story Luving.
I liked the part with all of the Taylor's sitting on Santa's lap and buying so many pictures :lol: and the guys bickering over that Christmas tree. Heck, it's great all in all.
Keep them coming :devil:

Great opening! Today has been a tireing long one and the image of mac sitting on santa's knee had me in stiches!! :lol:

Awesome job Linda! :lol: Poor Mac! He had to sit on Santa's lap. That was so funny. :lol: Please add more soon!

(runs off to FF.net to read the rest of the story! :devil:)

Chapter 3

While at the Airport, Mac waited patiently for Horatio and Stella. "Flight 103 from Miami, now landing at gate 3". Heading to gate 3, Mac watched, and as he seen Horatio and Stella exit the tunnel, she ran into his arms. "Maaaaaaaaaac....she yelled, oh my God, I've missed you so much". "Easy there Stel, said Mac, hey "H", how's it going"? "Great Mac, just great". "Oh.. we have some news for you and calleigh". "You do, what is it Stel"? "You'll have to wait and hear, when we get to your place". "Well then...let's get going".

When they arrived at the house, Calleigh ran out into Horatio's arms. "Hey handsome, how was your flight"? "It was fine love, and how are you and Macalleigh"? "Wonderful, and I'm so excited about her first christmas, hey Stella, how are you feeling"? "Well...ummm...we have some news to share with you". "Oh my...what news", asked Calleigh smiling. "Well...Horatio and I are going to have a baby". "Auuuuuuuugh....screamed Calleigh, that's wonderful., oh I'm so happy for you", said Calleigh, as she hugged Stella.

Later that evening, Horatio picked up Macalleigh, and sat with her in front of the tree. "What are you up to there hun"? asked Stella. "Just thinking with Macalleigh, about how wonderful it will be, to share our childs first christmas with our family". Wrapping her arms around her husbands waist, Stella said...."I know, I can hardly wait myself, it will be amazing". "Hey guys, said Calleigh, I made some hot chocolate, you coming"? "We are love, said "H", we are". Getting up, Horatio passed Macalleigh back to Calleigh.

"So what time is everyone coming tomorrow to trim the tree, and where are you sleeping everyone"? asked Stella. "Ha...funny you should ask, said Mac, we'll be putting Flack, Danny and Hawkes in the den, Lindsay will be in Macalleigh's Nursery, and Macalleigh will be with us". "Wow, quite a house full", giggled Stella. "That's for sure, said Calleigh, we have three turkey's to cook, three hams, two huge pots of potatoes, veggies, stuffing, pies, cookies, and more". "Good thing we brought the wine, cheese and crackers, said "H".

Giggling again, Calleigh said....."plus what everyone else brings, it should be quite a potluck feast". Yawning away, Stella said...."I'm sorry guys, but I've had it for tonight, I'm so tired". Looking at the clock, Mac realized it was 12 midnight. "Wow...I didn't realize it was that late, I guess we should say goodnight". Getting up, they all headed upstairs for bed.

TBC........

Chapter 4 up at FF.Net :)

Way to go, a play mate for Macalleigh... :lol: can't wait for that sleepover, should be fun :devil:

Can't wait for their little get together for a 'fat' christmas by the sounds of it! :lol:

*Natsky heads for FF*

Christmas Eve Day

The following morning Calleigh and Mac awoke at 6am, to start preparing the turkey's and hams. "Good morning Mrs.Taylor, said Mac, as he kissed her passionately. "Morning my detective". "So where would you like me to start"? "How about you stuff the turkey's, and I'll glaze the hams". "Sounds great love", said Mac as Horatio walked in. "Morning handsome, where's Stella"? "She'll be down shortly love, she's bending over the toilet right now". "Oh my....I remember those days, I'll go check on her", said Calleigh. "I'll check on her sweetheart, "H" you take over the turkey stuffing".

After Mac left the kitchen, Calleigh asked...."are you happy to be a dad handsome"? "I am Calleigh, I am, it amazes me, I never thought I would find love, especially after Marisol, and to be blessed with a child, is truely a mircle". Calleigh looked over at Horatio and seen his tears. "Are you crying handsome, I've never seen you cry". "I know Calleigh, it's the way Stella makes me feel, everyday, every night, with her look, her touch, her smile". Walking over Calleigh touched Horatio's cheek, "I understand handsome, as I feel the same with Mac, and you deserve it Horatio, we both deserve it". "I know love, I know".

When Mac walked into the washroom, he seen Stella gagging over the toilet. "Stel...you okay sweetheart"? "Yeah...I'll be fine Mac, it's this damn morning sickness". Walking up, Mac caressed her back, for he could remember many mornings when Calleigh would be in the same position. Helping her stand, Mac handed her a cool cloth, and told her to go lay back down. "Stel...have a little rest, you can join us when you feel more settled". "No..I'm fine Mac, and I'd really like to help". "If you are sure, said Mac, come on than, I'll walk with you".

Arriving downstairs, Mac and Stella joined Horatio and Calleigh in the kitchen. "Hi Stella...how are you feeling"? asked Calleigh. "Little better, thanks, anything I can help with"? "Sure...if you like, you can finish glazing the hams". "What about me....what am I to do now"? asked Mac. "Well Mr.Military Man, you get potatoe duty", giggled Calleigh. "Waa, waa, waaa". "Ooops... sounds like Macalleigh, I'll get her Mrs.Taylor", said Mac as he ran from the kitchen. "Hey.....get back here detective, and finish these potaoes", laughed Calleigh. "You know what Calleigh...I don't think he's coming back", said "H". "I know...sneaky bugger", said Calleigh.

Upstairs, Mac picked up Macalleigh, walked her to the change table, and changed her little bum. "Good morning daddy's girl, it's Christmas eve day, and Santa comes tonight, to bring our Angel lots of toys". Macalleigh looked up trustenly at her dad, and gave a gurggle. "What was that Macalleigh, you can't wait for Santa, me too love", said Mac as he dressed her in a pink jumper, with little pink booties. "Shall we go see mommy, Auntie, and Uncle". With another gurggle, Macalleigh and Mac, headed downstairs.

Just as they got to the bottom step, the doorbell rang. "Hmmm...who do you think that is Macalleigh"? Opening the door, Mac seen the gang standing there. "Morning Mac, gonna let us through, we have tons of packages, and could use some help you know", said Danny. As Mac moved out of the way, Lindsay, Hawkes, Flack, and Danny started carrying in boxes of decorations, food, and presents. "Don't stand there Mac, said Flack, there's tons more in the cars". Handing Macalleigh to Calleigh, Mac and Horatio went out to help. "Oh my...said Calleigh, so much stuff, you guys have been busy". "We have Calleigh, said Lindsay, this has to be the perfect christmas for our Macalleigh".

TBC......

I love how they are such a big family not just friends :D Can't wait for christmas!

That is a sweet chapter! :lol: I loved how Mac ran out of the room, at the mention of potatoe duty! :lol: Please add more

With everything in the house, the girls headed into the kitchen, to bring out the food, and treats. "Wow.. you've been busy Calleigh, look at all the bake goods, and those hams smell terrific", said Lindsay. "Thanks...did you tell them your good news Stella"? asked Calleigh. "What good news Stel"? "Horatio and I are going to have a baby". "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...screamed Lindsay, as the guys came running in. "What happened, yelled Mac"? "Nothing detective, Lindsay just found out Stella's news". "What news....asked Danny"? "I'm pregnant", said Stella. "Christ...it's about bloody time", said Danny, grabbing her in a vice like grip.

"Easy there Danny, don't squeeze so hard", said a concerned "H". "Protective, aren't you". "Always Danny, always", said "H". "Well, let's get those tables full, so we can start decorating", said Calleigh with excitment. With all the food out, everyone helped themself's while decorating. "Hawkes, you and Danny can hang the streammers, from the cealings, and us girls, will twist them around the stairs", said Calleigh. As everyone got to work, the excitement to decorate the tree, was growing.

What time is it love"? asked Mac. "5pm, in another two hours, we start the tree". As they looked around the house, they seen how beautiful it looked. "Oh my...this looks like something out of an magazine", cried Calleigh. "Don't cry sweetheart, said Mac, as he embraced her in his arms. "I can't help it, look at what our family has done, it's too much". Walking over, the whole gang, embraced tightly around Calleigh, and said...."this is what family does for each other, this is what love feels like Calleigh, and that's what we have here, a family full of love", said Danny.

Everyone stared in shock and awe. "What did you say Danny"? asked Mac. "You heard me Taylor, don't make me repeat it". Calleigh walked over and kissed Danny on the cheek. "Thank you Danny". "Anytime Calleigh, now let's eat, and then start on that tree". Sitting down to their potluck, everyone filled themselve's with turkey, ham, lasagna, spaghetti, salads, potatoes, vegtables, cheese crackers, wine, fruit punch, and desserts. "Oh wow...I'm stuffed, said Danny, who ever thought we'd have this much food". "You think this is alot, just wait till tomorrow, at christmas dinner".

While everyone was talking, Mac snuck upstairs, to grab the video camera, and Macalleigh. Drssing her in a red velour dress, with white frilly panties, red socks, and black patten leather shoes, he said...."You ready for your first christmas Macalleigh"? * Mew*... was the little sound that came from her throat. When Mac got downstairs, he seen everyone enjoying their drinks, around the tree. "There's the little Angel, said "H", reaching for her. As Mac passed him Macalleigh, Mac turned on the video camera, and began filming.

"Welcome to Macalleigh's first Christmas", said Danny. "Brought to you by...your daddy, Det.Taylor, on this day Macalligh, we, your family, will help you understand and enjoy your first christmas, full of magic, joy, comfort, and love". Clicking off the camera for a moment, Mac said...."Jeez Danny, thanks for the opening, sounds like you are ready for kids, run
Lindsay", laughed Mac. "Funny, very funny", said Danny, grabbing Lindsay's hand, incase she decided to run.

"Oh...I almost forgot, said Calleigh, No midnight tiptoes". Everyone laughed. Turning back on the camera, Mac faced it towards the tree, grabbed Macalleigh from "H", and placed her beside him under the tree. "Come on guys, let's go, get over here, family picture time". As everyone was seated, they wrapped their hands within each other, as the video camera filmed. "Okay..let's get decorating. Grabbing the bulbs, and lights, Danny and Mac, twined them around the tree, until they glowed, green and silver. "Okay girls, now the bulbs, and Flack, you do the Angel, and Hawkes will add the glowing candles".

After they had completed the tree, they looked and awed. "Oh my...I almost forgot", said Calleigh, bending under the couch, picking up the special box, that held the family bulbs. "these bulbs, are very special, each one has our names, this years date, and a certain color, once these are placed on the tree, it completes us all as The Taylor Family". Opening the box, everyone sighed, for they were made of the most finest sliver of glass. "Oh Calleigh, these are simply gorgeous", Stella said, as she held it up, and it glowed blue.

"They are , yes, and every year, we add to them, until the tree is full of our's, our children, and our grandchildren". "Okay, no tears now ladies, grab your bulbs, and we will hang them together, doing Macalleigh's last", said Mac. As everyone hung their bulbs, they sat down, and watched Mac and Calleigh, take Macalleigh's hand, and help her hang it on the tree, then turning out the lights, everyone sighed, once again, for it glowed, a magical glow, the kind of glow, that speaks of family, of hope, of eternal love.

"Twas the night before christmas".....Mac started to chant from memory, as everyone listened, and snuggled together on the couches, by the tree. "When all through the house" Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse; The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there; The children were nestled all snug in their beds, While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads; And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap, Had just settled down for a long winter's nap, When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash, Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash. The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below, When, what to my wondering eyes should appear, But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer, With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick. More rapid than eagles his coursers they came, And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name; "Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen! On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donder and Blitzen! To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!dash away! dash away! dash away all!" As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky, So up to the house-top the coursers they flew, With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too. And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof The prancing and pawing of each little hoof. As I drew in my hand, and was turning around, Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound. He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot, And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot; A bundle of toys he had flung on his back, And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack. His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry! His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry! His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow, And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow; The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth, the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath; He had a broad face and a little round belly, That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly. He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf, And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself; A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread; He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk, laying his finger aside of his nose, And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose; He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, And away they all flew like the down of a thistle. But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

When Mac finished the story, he heard....."Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho,". "who the hell is that"? whispered Mac. "I don't know, we are all here", said Danny. Getting up Mac answered the door. "Merry Christmas....is there a Macalleigh Taylor here"? "She' is, why"? "Why...you ask why son, do you have no idea who I am"? "Yeah, you're Santa Claus", said Mac. Calleigh got up, and brought Macalleigh over to the door. "Hello Santa, this is Macalleigh". Pulling down his bag, Santa pulled out three large gifts, and layed them at Calleigh's feet, than kissing Macalleigh he left. "Calleigh...who was that"? "I really don't know Mac, honest". Heading out the door, Mac tried looking for him, but could find him nowhere.

"Sweetheart, pass me one of the cards", said Mac. As Calleigh passed it, Mac opened it, and stood in shock. "Who's it from Mac"? "It's from your dad Calleigh, I'm sorry, I didn't know". "It's okay, don't worry Mac, this is his way of saying sorry". Placing the presents under the tree, everyone could see how sad Calleigh was, and without warning Lindsay began to sing.

Silent night, holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child
Holy Infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
Sleep in heavenly peace

Silent night, holy night!
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia!
Christ, the Saviour is born
Christ, the Saviour is born

Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth "

As everyone joined in, Mac got out his guitar, and began playing, and as those Taylor's sang, they swore, they could hear the Angels chanted from above. "Oh that was so lovely", said Calleigh, what do you think Macalleigh"? who was wide awake looking at the tree. "Okay Mac, I'm going to get her to bed, and I'll be back down". "Take your time love", said Mac. "Is it ready Danny"? "Oh yeah, it's ready, and she's going to love it". "I know, I can hardly wait till morning".

TBC........

Back