Mac #5: Back In Black!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny Stellaluna has the same thought about the blue shirts he wears. Last nights episode upped the blue count to 10 for this season alone.

Ha :) Maybe I should start keeping track of how often Mac wears black this season so we can see who has a bigger right to complain. :D

Google Google look what I found... Mac gets me distracted. So I forgot the save the real pic from some foreign magazine. Enjoy Ladies :devil: PS: anyone and I mean ANYONE who knows which magazine, please share girls!

000.jpg

privatename said:

Ha :) Maybe I should start keeping track of how often Mac wears black this season so we can see who has a bigger right to complain. :D

Well she isnt compaining really she likes him in blue and in black, she would just like some variety :D

Hiya everyone,

wow, new thread and I missed the opening huh :p ah well.

nice to see a great mix in tones of discussion. I'm loving all the pics but also loving having more to say than "ooooh, drool" (even if I am) :p

I think, that for such a plot driven franchise, the writers for CSINY have done pretty well at slipping in and giving snippets of humanity to characters as they deal with the crimes they're investigating and the people who are involved.

I think that some shows do a great job in making the characters deep, layered and utterly believable, and still tell an interesting story each week. A show like NCIS, for example, manages to consistenly balance character, crimes and humour, and a show like Criminal Minds does an excellent job in dealing with incredibly dark subject matter and showing the toll it can take on those who investigate it. The original CSI weaved gruesome crimes and scentific analysis with quirky personalities and great storytelling in such a manner that got me hooked on that series years ago, though I admit I don't watch it as often anymore. While I tried to watch Miami, I just did not come to care about or maintain interest in the characters in quite the same way.

When I heard NY was to be the third city in the franchise, I was attracted before the series even began, and made a point of watching it develop. When I heard Gary Sinise was cast I was fascinated and curious, and awaiting the pilot; after seeing it I was sunk. :lol: I loved S1 for it's colour, edge and grit, and willingness to go to darker places, in a way that Criminal Minds has made an art out of more recently. I think if the show did not have Vegas and Miami to be compared to, S2 would not have seen such a drastic shift; it felt like there was a lot of accomodating of external network opinions that diluted the show somehow. S3 was better, and most of the characters got a little more patina to them. I personally enjoyed the revelations in Mac, with Reed, with Peyton, even with his superiors, and also with Flack. I did grow weary of all the extended general persecution themed eps, as I wanted to watch how they interacted in investigating crimes, not so much become hunted or victimized. I realize this is another way to give the actors something to do, but it's not the only way, and I found it less compelling. This includes the whole 333 Caller thing. Just. *meh*

I think the series is finally finding an equilibrium, balancing the characters, the crimes and procedural aspects, showing off all the flashy gear and equipment, and the stories they're telling.

As for Mac, I read him as being full of deeply intense emotion, hence the occassional outburst, but is incredibly self-disciplined and controlled in who he shares his feelings with. This is why I have found his moments of talking about his personal life with Flack and Stella this season surprising, even as I also suspect they are ways to wrap up the Peyton storyline, but they were also interesting moments with his friends, and not merely colleagues. I do also enjoy Mac's interaction on a more humourous level, with Adam's "diet," or even inviting Danny to set him on fire, for example. He's great with Sid, and no matter who else in the team he's working with on a given case, I enjoy watching it. I think he's had a great evolution over the past three seasons, and one that was well-paced as well.

I do not find him cold. And we all know he's smokin' hot. However.

Writers' Strike notwithstanding, until the eps run out, I will continue to check in every week to see how the season evolves.

And they can dress him in anything they want, he'll make it look good ;)

Fruitbat said:
privatename said:

Well she isnt compaining really she likes him in blue and in black, she would just like some variety :D

I pretty much like him in anything (and you know I would probably like him in nothing) as well, but agree that variety is good. That dark red shirt he wore once was very nice.

As for Mac, I read him as being full of deeply intense emotion, hence the occassional outburst, but is incredibly self-disciplined and controlling in who he shares his feelings with. This is why I have found his moments of talking about his personal life with Flack and Stella this season surprising, even as I also suspect they are ways to wrap up the Peyton storyline, but they were also interesting moments with his friends, and not merely colleagues. I do also enjoy Mac's interaction on a more humourous level, with Adam's "diet," or even inviting Danny to set him on fire, for example. He's great with Sid, and no matter who else in the team he's working with on a given case, I enjoy watching it. I think he's had a great evolution over the past three seasons, and one that was well-paced as well.

Very well said. I definitely agree with you. I think Mac is a great character and I really love his interactions with the rest of the cast. Well, except I wasn't a Peyton fan so I am glad that is over.

privatename said:

I pretty much like him in anything (and you know I would probably like him in nothing) as well, but agree that variety is good. That dark red shirt he wore once was very nice.

Nothing would be VERY nice… :devil: :devil:

Well, except I wasn't a Peyton fan so I am glad that is over.

*Whisper* Neither was I, I’m quite happy she is gone, but I have a horrible feeling she may be back..*shudder*

And because I need some MAJOR cheering up here you go everyone a nice Mac pic.

x6xk.jpg

*Whisper* Neither was I, I’m quite happy she is gone, but I have a horrible feeling she may be back..*shudder*

Well I was a fan but I don't i'm not dying for her to come back *natsky ducks*!!! I really loved the story line with him Peyton's letter I just felt it was definatly the right way to do it! But Mac has more important things to think about now..333!

Can anyone remember in one of the earlier eps (cant remember the name) where he takes a bloody tshirt out of a suitcase at the end of the ep! Did I miss it or am I right in thinking we haven't been told what thats about?

Thanks for the pic FB!

It was at the end of You Only Die Once and your right Natty we have never heard it mentioned again I think it may pop up in The Thing About Heroes (ep 10) which is the conclusion to the storyline.

bscap0273.jpg

*Shudders* Don't say things like that. Now you have gone and ruined my mood this morning. Sigh :) I have read that speculation before, but I am going to hold out hope that they have ended it once and for all. As much as I disliked Peyton, if she were going to continue to be a part of the show then they shouldn't have had them breakup. This isn't a soap opera. They already split or almost split once and then got back together and if they did that again? Ugh.

I really hope that some speculation I have read that she is somehow involved in the 333 story arc is dead wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back