Mac #3: Slim Macky & The Taylor Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, please try not to get too spammy in here! Actual discussion is good. ;)

Word is that Mac's going to get a nemesis this season. How do you guys feel about that? I think it's about time--stuff like that tends to make for good storylines...

I really like the idea. I think it opens up a lot of opportunity for some really great story lines. And hopefully the chance to get a more in-depth look into what makes Mac Taylor tick. Truth be told, I would love to see more character development for Mac.

smilies0950.gif

I think it would help.. Maybe he'll start to open up and not be so private.. :D Each CSI head is so mysterious in their own way.... :confused: we know so little about their backgrounds and lives. ;)

That would be very interesting.
Maybe he'll start to open up and not be so private..
We don't know that much about his past other than his wife died and he was in the Marines. Imagine if it's someone he knew when he was in the Marines.

MBGrissom said:
Re: Stella and Lindsay being the only ones able to tease him, I think that of the guys, Hawkes is the only one who could get away with it, too. Hawkes is less snarky than Danny/Flack, and his teasing is more good natured. There have been some fun back & forth banter between Mac/Hawkes, I think.

True. I love how Mac teased him about eating in the breakroom --- "eating is not allowed" :lol:

I know what you mean about Mac in Love Run Cold. But this episode wasn't his time to shine, it was Stella's I think (and she did shine, I thought), and of course they wanted to highlight more of the D/L thingie, so Mac was more in the background. That's okay, he can't be the "Star" every ep, that would get boring for some viewers, I suppose. Besides, I think he has some big stuff coming up starting next week, with Edward Furlong in his recurring role! Can't wait!

I watched it over the weekend and yeah, it was the others' turn to "shine" I suppose. I just hope they don't do this often (Mac being in the background, a LOT --- see, that's why I found "Youngblood" the most boring ep, ever!) Of course, *I* wouldn't find it boring if it was all about him :D CSI: Mac Taylor/Gary Sinise. Yeah, that'll work :p

That coded t-shirt thing seems exciting. I'm more excited about the idea of his and Anna's scenes however. And of course, the ones that will deal with Claire's past. Here's hoping the writers don't screw it up.

I watched it over the weekend and yeah, it was the others' turn to "shine" I suppose. I just hope they don't do this often (Mac being in the background, a LOT --- see, that's why I found "Youngblood" the most boring ep, ever!) Of course, *I* wouldn't find it boring if it was all about him CSI: Mac Taylor/Gary Sinise. Yeah, that'll work

That coded t-shirt thing seems exciting. I'm more excited about the idea of his and Anna's scenes however. And of course, the ones that will deal with Claire's past. Here's hoping the writers don't screw it up.

I found that a major problem with a few of the eps in the first half of season 2. There were quite a few that Mac was hardly in. Now I am all for an ensemble cast but even a friend commented of the lack of Gary in a couple of the eps..... "Even the lab tech was in it more than your guy.."
:confused: :confused:

I feel cast wise it was a more balanced show in season 1. You saw Danny, Aiden, Stella and Mac...and the eps were well written. Season 2 there were a couple of shows I found boring because the stories didnt hold my attention, add to that the lack of my fav character and I ended up only paying attention when Mac appeared on screen. Now I know some people prefer season 2's look and feel. (Hey tieless Mac....I can now indulge my neck obsession..*THUD*) But even you guys have to admit there were some badly written and handled eps compaired to season 1 and the balance of the show was all over the place as they brought in to many new characters (I mean how many coroners do they need) and the new lab. (And considering they new Aiden was leaving before they ended season 1 they should have handled the Lindsay and Hawkes thing better, it didnt do justice to either character)

Re the Mac story lines. I agree Ranama I SO hope that they dont screw this up it sounds good. Crosses fingers and waits hopefully....

Wheew...OK Monday morning rant over...... :)

Top41, I so agree about Mac getting a nemesis - and a long term one at that, from what it sounds like. After all, why bring in a delicious nemesis relationship only to have them catch the person in 2 or 3 eps? I was disappointed when they caught Paul Milander after just 3 eps, in the Vegas one. I'm really looking forward to seeing them into this storyline for the long run, I think there's so much that can be done with it. Not something all-encompassing, but a little here and there, just to let us know that the nemesis is still out there, and still one step ahead of the team. And I'm really wondering if Edward Furlong is the nemesis, or if the writers will fool us and end up having him be someone who actually helps eventually crack the case. I can't tell you how excited I am for his storyline, and I think the "Crimes taken from trendy T-shirt slogans" is a truly novel concept, one that alot of fun things can be done with. I'm really trusting the writers on this one, I think they'll really deliver the goods. And if Furlong really is the nemesis, then as I've mentioned before, I love the notion of Mac & Co. frustrated over a long period of time by a young mastermind, rather than an older more seasoned criminal, like Sonny Sassone (although I loved Sonny, he rocked, in his own badass way).

Fruitbat, I hear you re: Mac's lack of screen time, but I have a feeling that's because he'll be featured pretty prominently this week, and in the ongoing nemesis storyline. I have a feeling we'll be seeing some great things from our guy, in the next few eps. And of course he'll be involved in the ongoing LIndsay storyline too, and that's an added bonus.

feenx said:
Nim said:
If he looks at me like this everytime, I'm gonna need a new heart everytime!!! :lol:
That and a bucket for the drool
yahoo_drool.gif

I'm a newbie, and I brought a present:
teehee

I saw this post and remember I made some for the Eric/Greg discussion thread and the Jon/Ryan threads, so I made one for here too. (I tried to find a kiddie pool; they're were already full of pool water.)

I also found a nice picture: The multitasker.

:lol: thanks for the buckets, I sure do need those especially with that pic.
and welcome szmandatogoholic to the Mac thread :D

I love the "What the...." one!! Perfect expression!

*gulps cappucino* Yumm. Both Mac and cappucino.

*grabs her personalized drool buckets and looks at pics again*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back