Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

Re: Sofia Curtis

made a new musicvid...sofia centric with implied gofia and sonic relationships and abrti spoilers .. enjoy!

Sofia-You and Me

2. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Arturtle, I can't get it to work and I want to see what you came up with - help.

So going forward after Bullet, it wouldn't surprise me if they have Sofia pulls a Formanski on Sara - hinting if she ever needed backup, it maybe slowed down by traffic. Cop justice I say for that little green-eye monster act. What goes around comes around and a certain CSI hasn't been making friends while coming to town.

I hope they let us see Brass & Sofia now and then just to get a feel of the special bond they have due to the Bullet case.

3. Txxgrrrl

Txxgrrrl Hit and Run

Well, gee, that's a fascinating theory...however I believe it's a direct contradiction of what you stated above. You know, that's she's a "solid, stand-up, honest, selfless example of a professional woman". If she's this saintlike creature that you seem to think she is, then she certainly wouldn't stoop to such behavior because it sure wouldn't be very professional now would it? You were upset that the cop's were giving Sofia the cold-shoulder because you thought that was unfair, but now you think it's ok for her to give Sara the same treatment...why? The police were out of line treating Sofia that way, that's a given ,but you are now condoning that behaviour because you think Sara was jealous and she need's to be taught a lesson?

4. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

tazzer hmm..if that link doesnt work try this one http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0LKKD72W20UKY1JJA19HPSEKQ6 ...i think the server may be down..u can try clickin on it again

well,i feel that sofia has every right to pull a fromansky against sara no matter how professional she is ...she may still be well reminded of the subordinate-chasing-me-out-the-office-when-im-talking-to-a-friend when her supervisor didnt even utter a word .At least the other cops didnt start being biased against her right from the start unlike miss csi over here...
    i hate to say this but since season5...scenes have implied that sara has been probably jealous of sofia's close relationship with grissom...
    these sort of 'treatment' in the end may accumulate..which strains sara and sofia's relationship even further..allowing sofia unknowingly to come to a decision..in not covering sara's back...at least it makes perfect sense to me ...

just my 2 cents worth :lol:

5. CSI_Grissom

CSI_Grissom Lab Technician

in case you are, i mean no offense by what i am about to say.

that said i love sophia, but as distruat as she was she was not supposed to be in the lab and she knows that, whenever sara was in trouble she left the lab and stayed away. Sophia may not have friends outside the lab, but sara does not either, but she was able to cope without others, or at least did not have to go to the lab, griss came to her. Granted sara has not gone throught the exzct sme thing as sophia, but that does not make sophia entitled to go against protacal(lol i think i spelled that wrong). I think that sara handled it the right way, i will say that sara could have been slightly more sympathetic, but that is the way sara is and sophia has been arounf sara enough to know that. I realize that she was not thinking straight, but she should be able to keep her cool as an enforcer of law and be held to a higher standard than normal people. Wow that was a lot to say, like i said before no offense to anyone, and i love sophia, but i really think that the only thing done wrong was sophia being in the lab, i have no problem with her talking to grissom, but she should have asked him to meet her quickly if she really needed someone to talk to. I also think that sara is not jealous of sophia because if you take into context the rest of the episode they are really comfortable togehter and she does not act all weird or anything because i think that she realizes that grissom is not interested in sophia and even if he is, acting stupid is not going to win him over. Enjoy reading my novel :D

6. Txxgrrrl

Txxgrrrl Hit and Run

I'm sorry but that make's no sense to me. First off, regardless of her tone, Sara was right in that Sofia should not have been there in the first place. Grissom tried to stop that conversation but Sofia kept talking over him. Should he have been the one to step up and stop this little confrontation...YES. Did Sara's tone leave a little to be desired...YES. Did Sofia get a little catty and personal first..YES, and in defense of Sara...she didn't seem to make it personal at all. But you guy's are essentially suggesting that because Sara wasn't super nice or understanding to Sofia that it is now ok for Sofia to teach her a lesson? You don't think that's a little childish? I realize we are talking about a tv show here but the fact is in the line of work that they are in on this show...that kind of lesson could result in death. I think that would be a pretty stiff penalty for inadvertantly interupting a conversation that shouldn't have been taking place. And like it or not...inappropriate tone or not, Sara entered that room looking down at a case file...she wasn't out in the hall looking in thinking...oh, their getting too close I better go put a stop to it.

As far as Sara being jealous of Grissom's close relationship with Sofia, I think that is a bit of a stretch to assume that Grissom and Sofia are close, especially since the last few interactions between Grissom and Sofia have consisted of him basically blowing her off. He didn't even know that she had come back to work for the LVPD but you guy's seem to think that they are the best of friends and I think that's an awfully big assumption.

7. JaneD

JaneD Rookie

Well, Sophia said "I am here talking to a friend," and Grissom didn't contradict her. Now, whatever Grissom may believe - and he was awfully cagey about it - Sophia clearly considers him a friend. She came to him as a friend, not as a professional.

As to Sara, I will not go into her people skills - or lack whereof - but simply say that she could have been a bit more human about the situation. Especially considering that she herself has broken protocol before and got leniency from Grissom. Not to mention, she herself has gotten personal, lobbying uncalled for remarks of a very catty nature at Catherine, for instance.

All this is moot, however. I don't know about all of "you guys," as you call us, but I, personally, find fault with the spirit of Sara's intervention, not with the letter of it. She, of all people, should have given a distressed coworker a break.

8. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Great post...Exactly right that Sara was not even looking at Grissom and Sofia when she walked in. And I really wonder why people here seem to constantly refer to Sara as the "subordinate". She is certainly not Sofia's subordinate, and if you think that that word belittles her, it doesn't work, I have to say.

It is hell of a stretch, I would say. But then, people seem to believe that Sofia and Grissom might even be already together, and his dismissive behavior toward Sofia (and his nice behavior toward Sara in ABRTI 2) is a cover-up. While everyone is free to think whatever they want, there is no denying that the main reason for all the animosity toward Sara in this scene is her personal relationship with Grissom, and that being a threat to a possible Sofia-Grissom relationship. You can of course argue that the main reason people don't like Sofia is the reverse, which would probably be true as well. What bothers me is people fervently claiminng that the issue is only her behavior. Something tells me the response would not be the same if Catherine said the exact same words to Sofia.

9. Txxgrrrl

Txxgrrrl Hit and Run

Well, Grissom really didn't say anything and I'm not here to debate Sara's actions. My problem is that a few Sofia fan's tout her professionlism but seem to think it's ok for her to chunk said professionalism and screw Sara over because she's lacking in personal skills and needs to be taught a lesson.

10. JaneD

JaneD Rookie

I will bypass the "few" comment, because I choose to rise above it, and go straight to the "lesson" part. I don't think anyone should chunk (chunk? Did you mean "chuck"?) professionalism, but I am willing to give people a break when they are distressed. I can understand when Sara is having childhood flashback and bites people's heads off. By the same token, I can understand Sophia's state of mind during that conversation. Sara, however, clearly couldn't. As to the "teaching of lessons," that's not going to happen. I'd like to think that both of these women are mature enough to not let what was essentially a negligible episode escalate to something so silly.

You are not here to debate Sara's actions, however, and I will accord you the courtesy. I am not here for that reason, either. I am not all that interested in Sara's actions, or I would be in her thread debating them. Sophia's actions, however, interest me. She came in to talk to a friend. Whether she had a "right" or not is besides the point to me. Clearly, she thought that, on a human level, at least, she did. Grissom didn't argue with her on that, only on the fact that she shouldn't be in his office. In my opinion, Grissom is the most at fault in that entire situation. He should have stepped in when Sara intervened, and he should have offered Sophia an alternative. Then again, that's Grissom, and he has his own thread as well. LOL.

11. Txxgrrrl

Txxgrrrl Hit and Run

I was not trying to offend you JaneD, if I did I apologize, my initial post took issue with a poster who is again going on about the honesty and professionalism of Sofia in one post and then in a subsequent post thinking that it might be ok for Sofia to engage in some so called "cop-justice". I personally thought that seemed to go against everything this poster seemed to say Sofia stood for. And I will agree with you, Grissom should have stepped up and put a stop to this altercation.

12. JaneD

JaneD Rookie

Oh, I see. I misunderstood. :)
    No, I don't think Sophia will engage in any kind of "cop justice," and it certainly won't be OK for anyone to do that. Say what you will about any of these characters - and we certainly can say plenty - like or dislike them, none of them strike me as intentionally malicious. Not single one. Some can behave irrationally, some fly off the handle, some tend to overreact, be defensive, or what have you. It's only human. But deliberate malice and petty revenge - especially for something trivial - is not a thing these people would contemplate. At least I hope not.

13. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Personally I don't see Sofia as the kind of person who would even contemplate cop justice, no matter how badly Sara made her feel (intentionally or unintentionally, I'm not going to debate that dead horse). I do think she is the consummate professional, despite her brief foray into questionable protocol while visiting Grissom. She apologized at the end, admit to having made a mistake, obviously taking the high road in the situation instead of standing there and battling it out with a woman who is not her superior, which many folks might have done, in that kind of distressful state of mind.

My main issue with the entire distasteful scene is that the writers felt a need to bring in a confrontation between Sara and Sofia, at all. I honestly felt it had no place there. If they wanted to show Sofia breaking protocol to confess her "guilt" to Grissom, then show her calling him and Grissom telling her he can't speak to her until the investigation is over. I wish they hadn't gone down the road of a catfight. That's just sooo... incredibly "Dynasty". Ick.

14. timeofdeath

timeofdeath Victim

Tall. Hot. Cuff me anytime. ;)

15. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

ITA, I DON'T want a catfight either. :mad:

In Part 1, Grissom never replied to Sophia's messages and that may be the reason she came to his office. :rolleyes:

Also in Part 1 the two ladies waiting in the hall had heated words as well and Grissom stood there.
    I just think Grissom didn't want to take sides :rolleyes: in both situations.

That's my two-cents!

---------------------------
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.