Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

Re: Sofia Curtis

i agree with you- her character is in a way, refreshing

2. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

It was also nice to hear from Dustin A. that dispite all the hate we see on the message boards directed at Louise/Sofia, that the production people know she has fans out there. Take a read - "Carol was right on picking her, she gained a lot of fans real quick."

Yea for us !

It also sounds like from more of Dustin's commentary, that they had Sofia's backstory from the get go - of her being a cop but was pulled into the crime lab. It's just we didn't find this out until the start of season 6.

3. AngelEyez

AngelEyez Coroner

Heeeelllo people! *frantic waves*

I didn't read through all the pages just a few here on the last one. First of all; indeed Congratulations for the baby.

I'll be honest, I hated Sofia when she appeared. I was also annoyed when I found out she would return this season. Then season 6 came and aside the fact that the whole season simply rocks, the PTBs managed to change my opinion of Sofia as well. And no, I do not say it because half of the CSI fandom was touched by ABRTI. It was a great chance for Lousie to show that 'Heck, people, there's a reason why I was picked.'

I kind of guess, though, why so many people -including me- disliked her. I think unlike the other two CSI shows, the characters here are constant aka no characters were replaced -not counting Holly Gribbs with Sara. The fact that she arrived to the nr1 show after 4 amazingly successful seasons was another disadvantage for her. They kept changing recurring guest stars but none of those guest stars evoked such emotions as she did. Why? Reason nr1; she 'interfered' in certain ships.... Reason nr2; she was an actual CSI. After 5 seasons of our favorite CSIs, this new addition might have seemed a bit disturbing. That was what bothered ME. And FUNNILY... ever since she's a cop, I'm not bothered by her. I might be alone in this but that's just MY guess.

I found her interaction with Sara in ABRTI II ironic. It was kinda like a reversed/replaced Nesting Dolls.

I'm certain that Sofia has many fans. The online communities do know show a real picture. Compared to 30 million people, forums and livejournal communities are nothing.

As for my hopes; since Cath is my fave, I hope Sofia will get along with her fine in the future. They didn't seem to have any issues which I'm personally happy about. This is a great chance for tPTBs to prove that females do not hate each other.. in fact THEY CAN GET ALONG PRETTY FINE. (Sorry.. it has always bugged me on CSI. PTBs could do the most about preventing fandom fights but ah.. that's another story.)

And eeeeep.... sorry for the long post.

4. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

From the start, I loved Sophia's role. I'm only in my second year of CSI and I have noticed that those who've been around from S1-S4 really don't care for new characters coming aboard.
    Let's face it, at some point we know that one or more of the main character(s) will be leaving after their contract ends and I would rather see new people like Sophia come aboard now should CSI continue.

Here's to the future with Sophia. [​IMG] Cheers!! :D

--------------------------
    [​IMG]

5. AngelEyez

AngelEyez Coroner

Well.. exactly this approach is what made me dislike her first, lol.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah..and what would even be better with Sofia is to let the woman's full British accent come out. God it sounds so cool. I'm all for that.

7. WP_Rocks_MY_World

That's what I don't understand. :confused: TBTP should have let L.L. keep her English accept. :mad:
    Gee . . . I haven't heard it yet? :eek:

I wish ET would do an interview with her. :p

---------------------------
    [​IMG]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah def. let her do her Brit thing is what i say!!

9. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

I so love her hair and would like to see this look at the departments Holiday Party - grrrrr naughty kitty!

[​IMG]

10. WP_Rocks_MY_World

Whoa :eek: that's HOTT!!! :p Sexy HOTT!!! [​IMG]
    Thanks Tazzer. [​IMG]

------------------------
    [​IMG]

11. Arturtle

Arturtle Lab Technician

omg thats so hot :devil: ...tazzer where did u get tt pic from?

12. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

Disappointing that we had no Sophia in the last new ep of the year. :(

13. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

Ha I have my secrets Arturtle and there are more were that came from.

Yep, no Sofia again this week, it's tough being a Sofia fan since she gets little time, but we can handle it, cause when she is on - it's pricless.

14. Jezzmin

Jezzmin Witness

Sofia is pretty, but she is not my favourite character.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Jezzmin per the rules of the board, and listed in the "Banner/signature" thread, you can have either a banner or Text but not both. Please adapt your signature accordingly. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.