Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sofia Curtis

Wow, if I didn't like Sofia before I like her now after I dropped by YTDAW - I've been looking through some threads there and they just cut LL/Sofia up so much it's just mean and hateful. I understand it's a GSR site but some of the stuff that's said there is way over the top.

Now, I'll admit that I didn't really have a like or dislike for Sofia but now I really like her - I always like to root for the underdog. She seems to get a bad rap simply b/c she 'might' affect a certain ship :rolleyes:

I think she kicked ass in "A Bullet..." - she was so emotional and really believable and right on the mark.

*sorry for the rant Destiny but I was really upset and agitated after going there - I won't do it again, I just needed to vent but it is kinda on topic since I was talking about LL ;)*

I think I've become a fan of Lousie Lombard/Sofia after this episode.

As for YTDAW..I go there for a chuckle, NOT becase of the things that are said-because it's cruel, but more out out of how silly the posters are at times with their dislike of Sophia.

Before Stern Nick appears, CSIfiles is better for the mental health though, I don't shake my head as much at the silliness therefore my brain doesn't get rattled around frequently.

But now a long with Nick and Brass, Sofia is on my list of favourite characters. Sorry Sofia fans if I ever said anything mean about her before. People do change though. LL won me over.

I have to say that Part 2 of this made me a Sophia fan. When she walked by Jim and asked him if he wanted her around, I thought that was very cool of her. They've got a strong bond now, I hope it's continued through the rest of the series.

I also like Sophia as a cop better than a CSI. They needed a female detective. I'm a huge Brass fan and I don't want him to lose any screen time but I do know they have to have more than one detective. I'd much rather have Sophia as a regular than say, Vartann who annoys me to no end, or Cavalier.

Well at least with Brass on leave it means that Sofia really has a purpose. That was my biggest issue with her: I felt like she was just a plot-device character (like Ecklie or Hodges, meant only to disrupt the team). That, and I'm a GSR, but...

At any rate, I don't mind Sofia, but I am glad she has a plot at last.

Sweet Kimberiea!

I'm only half way through capping Bullet 1. I tend to go in a tweak the pics to more of my liking and that takes time. Last count I have 20 pics up at my Sofia Yahoo Group. I really like this one of Sofia in action cause it shows no hesitation on her part to save the life of a fellow cop, plus she's a dead-eye to boot.

60707.jpg

I still can't get on board with this character. The only purpose of her is to take screen time away from the regulars and they don't get enough in my opionion. I'd much rather see Vartann that Sophia. He's hotter

Wheeeeeeeeee thanks for the lovely pics!
clapsmiley.gif

A ladycop with the gun . . . mmmm that's hot! :p
If only Gil would do that. :rolleyes: Okay, I know he's a scientist. :D

Hmmm screen time, as long as I see Grissom I'm a happy gal. Even though I may complain too but that's only because WP is the Lead Actor and if cutting back his time for more Sophia, then I'm cool with that.
bigtup.gif

Sophia IMO is a breath of fresh air that CSI needed. Seeing things from a female cop's POV adds a nice touch to the show.

-----------------------------
WilliamPetersen_sexyhot.jpg

Great screen caps!! Woo hoo! She does look hot with her gun, doesn't she? LOL I loved seeing the way she & Brass bonded even more, in this eppy. She might not have a ton of friends, as she pointed out in ABRTI, but the ones that she has are very, very good ones.

And Tazzer, this probably isn't the right thread but I wanted to say it while I'm thinking about it, I just read your synopsis of part II in the ABRTI thread, and I loved it. You were 100% on the money.

Sofia + gun = HOT

Man look at her, she is in an amazing shape after having given birth! She has a waistline I'm jealous of and I never had a baby :eek: thumbs up!

And Tazzer, this probably isn't the right thread but I wanted to say it while I'm thinking about it, I just read your synopsis of part II in the ABRTI thread, and I loved it. You were 100% on the money.

Well thank you MBG coming from the master of outstanding post that means a lot to me. What became sad as time went by was it seems like no one saw the reason why the writers put her there. Everyone got bogged down with the 'she was wrong to be there, blah, blah' so they didn't take the time to really appreciate what the writers did in those few minutes. Since I have been very critical of the writers and what they did last year (esp to Catherine) let me take this post to sing their praises.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping the character of Sofia as a solid, stand-up, honest and a selfless example of a professional woman.

You see, at that point in time, Sofia had NO idea that Doc, Gil and a handful of detectives was aware that Officer Bell was killed by friendly fire.

When she realized that it very well might be her shot that killed a fellow badge, she went to the one person that she could trust with a confession. By doing this, she was giving Gil a heads up that when all the ballistics evidence came in - he should NOT be shocked or disappointed to learn it was her fault.

Wow, how many other cops would do that? The show has always shown in these matters, it's cops verses CSIs. Sofia's CSI career was centered around the truth, yet now on the opposite side, and we see that she still can not separate herself from following the evidence even when it points to her.

The writers made Sofia’s confession an act of compassion because it removed the awkward burden from Gil having to go to her with this news (and we see how hard it was when he had to go to Jim).

So a big kudos to the writers for a job well done on both of these shows!

I couldn't agree more, Tazz. That was one of the first things I noticed with the scene, is Sofia's reasoning behind her illicit visit to Grissom. The more she thought about it the more she realized the bullet could have come from her gun, something she didn't realize or verbalize in her initial interview with Ortega. She understandably wanted it off her chest, didn't want to appear to be hiding something, and she definitely didn't want Grissom and his team to be blindsighted by the evidence if they should discover it was her bullet. You're right, her love for the truth brought her there. From that point of view, there was no one else she could have gone to, except Grissom. He was her best bud in the dept., he was leading the investigation, and she felt more comfortable bringing the information to him rather than Ortega. Yes, she was still wrong from a protocol view, and she knew it/admit it, but it certainly made her sudden appearance there a heck of a lot more understandable. And that's one of the reasons why Grissom wasn't so quick to kick her out. He knew it had nothing to do with her compromising him, and everything to do with helping uncover the truth, no matter how unpleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back