Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sofia Curtis

since when did she have a boyfriend? :lol:

I thought she mention a boyfriend or maybe it was an ex-boyfriend on one ep. Sorry I don't remember the name of the eppy though. :rolleyes:

----------------------------
HANDsup.jpg

In Unbearable, Sofia was talking to Brass about her college boyfriend, his Harley motocycle and what they did. Yeah baby, a girl after my own heart!!!

Live to Ride - Ride to Live

oh well...hot girls always have numerous boyfriends :lol: quite ironic isnt it? harley motorbiker to a bug geek

Ok I thought it was a recent boyfriend. Thanks for the info. So she's single. :D
The second-half of S5 wasn't that memorable for me. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------
LHcandlesbanner.jpg

yeah me too...i only saw sofia in like 1-2 scenes out of the rest of the 2nd half :lol:
p.s WP rocks my world i love your banner!

oh well...hot girls always have numerous boyfriends :lol: quite ironic isnt it? harley motorbiker to a bug geek

Not really Arturtle, my hubby was/is a nerd and has always been into motorcycles. For one of our early dates, he talked his friend into lending his low rider Harley with drag pipes for a day just to impress me (he had a foreign bike at the time and it's not the same ride). So you see how I gravitate towards nerdy Gil and spunky Sofia working together on cases.

p.s WP rocks my world i love your banner!

Thank you!

Yesterday on the radio the morning djs were talking about the Sexiest Woman Alive and callers had to call in and this guy nominated the Redhead and new Blonde gal on CSI. :D He's damn right. :lol:

------------------------
BPandKS.jpg

oh really?lol i always associated harley motorbikes with cool guys in black leather jackets and sunglasses...i never thought of the other end :lol:

Redhead-referring to cath and blonde gal-sofia?lol tt guy has great taste...spunky and blonde=gorgeous sofia

They may have orginially thought to introduce Sofia/Sophia slowly at first, Test the waters with the first ep for both the audience an the actress...
When she decided to return they decided to give her a new job on the show, which basically gives them a slightly clean slate in which to do what they need to do to get fans to know her. JMO. ;)

Destiny, I agree with that. I suspect they had no idea just how quickly LL would be showing, as S5 moved on, and since they weren't sure if she would return, they didn't integrate her into any further storylines. Now that she's back, in a new role, they played her up in the 1st 2 eppys to "reintroduce" her to the audience, and to let folks get to know her all over again. I honestly don't think we'll see Sofia taking up too much screen time, as someone mentioned, I think she's more of a replacement for Det. Vega, and he appeared once every 3 shows or so, once he was fully established as a character. Even with her actions being the focal point for the upcoming 2-parter, I don't see her taking main stage. The CSIs will be doing that by investigating, she'll be more in the background. I have faith the writers will find a way to get everyone some good screen time and hopefully good storylines. George is spending time in France, so somewhere down the line we'll see less of him while he does other things in real life. Same with Gary, I read he has a secondary project coming up in Dec., so we'll see less of him, then. Greg is an extremely popular character with the audience, so I think they'll find some great stuff for him, especially when the new lab tech finally arrives, we should see some good interaction between them ongoing throughout the season. Sara, another popular character with some upcoming storylines as hinted at by Jorja in the vid on CBS, so I'm sure we'll see some great things from her, too. Cath always gets good storylines, no need to worry about her screentime, and Billy has proven time & time again that he is more than willing to give up some of his own screen time so his colleagues are allowed to shine a little more, bless him. The other secondary characters, Brass, Hodges, Doc, they pretty much have to appear in every eppy, at least a little bit. It's a long season, and right now they're utilizing characters as they're more available, or to foreshadow things to come down the line in future eppys. But I think we'll see them all, this season. Hopefully our cries last year about Nick/Warrick etc. getting shortchanged didn't fall on deaf ears, and the writers get the screen time thingy sorted out, this season. What can I say, sometimes I'm an optimist... :D

They may have orginially thought to introduce Sofia/Sophia slowly at first, Test the waters with the first ep for both the audience an the actress...
When she decided to return they decided to give her a new job on the show, which basically gives them a slightly clean slate in which to do what they need to do to get fans to know her. JMO. ;)

Destiny, I agree with that. I suspect they had no idea just how quickly LL would be showing, as S5 moved on, and since they weren't sure if she would return, they didn't integrate her into any further storylines. Now that she's back, in a new role, they played her up in the 1st 2 eppys to "reintroduce" her to the audience, and to let folks get to know her all over again. I honestly don't think we'll see Sofia taking up too much screen time, as someone mentioned, I think she's more of a replacement for Det. Vega, and he appeared once every 3 shows or so, once he was fully established as a character. Even with her actions being the focal point for the upcoming 2-parter, I don't see her taking main stage. The CSIs will be doing that by investigating, she'll be more in the background. I have faith the writers will find a way to get everyone some good screen time and hopefully good storylines. George is spending time in France, so somewhere down the line we'll see less of him while he does other things in real life. Same with Gary, I read he has a secondary project coming up in Dec., so we'll see less of him, then. Greg is an extremely popular character with the audience, so I think they'll find some great stuff for him, especially when the new lab tech finally arrives, we should see some good interaction between them ongoing throughout the season. Sara, another popular character with some upcoming storylines as hinted at by Jorja in the vid on CBS, so I'm sure we'll see some great things from her, too. Cath always gets good storylines, no need to worry about her screentime, and Billy has proven time & time again that he is more than willing to give up some of his own screen time so his colleagues are allowed to shine a little more, bless him. The other secondary characters, Brass, Hodges, Doc, they pretty much have to appear in every eppy, at least a little bit. It's a long season, and right now they're utilizing characters as they're more available, or to foreshadow things to come down the line in future eppys. But I think we'll see them all, this season. Hopefully our cries last year about Nick/Warrick etc. getting shortchanged didn't fall on deaf ears, and the writers get the screen time thingy sorted out, this season. What can I say, sometimes I'm an optimist... :D

I remember when I first saw Sofia, it was in "Formalities" and she came on in a BIG way and seemed like a know-it-all show off. She bugged me because she came out of nowhere and dominated the episode (honestly, I thought that episode was a tryout for another CSI spinoff in which she was going to be the lead character).

I liked her in subsequent episodes where she had smaller but more poignant scenes with the regular cast.

But she is a favorite of Les Moonves, and if he wants her in a prominent role, then that's what will be done. I do like her better than when I first saw her in "Formalities", and she's obviously developed a large fanbase, too.

Nonetheless, with only X amount of minutes per episode, it's impossible to fit everyone in (and that's not LL's fault, nor is she the only additional recurring character added to the cast), so someone is going to get the short end of the stick each week. Whether or not that someone is the same each week remains to be seen. But when some actors are busy elsewhere (as GE promoting the show in France and GD involved in another project), it's less likely the same character will be shortchanged all the time.

oh really?lol i always associated harley motorbikes with cool guys in black leather jackets and sunglasses...i never thought of the other end :lol:

True, but not all bikers look like ZZ Top or Hell’s Angles. First and foremost is it has a big ass engine, so that's right up there with hubby’s love of mechanical things. The leather is for protection in case of accident and hubby had the black biker jacket and a Trans Am when I met him. Not bad for a nerd.

Now for the ladies view point, I can tell you only a Harley can give you that nice vibration. So I can see why Sofia became of fan of Hogs. Viva Sofia!

I am sorry and please correct me if i am wrong as i have seen this numerous times said "she is a favorite of Les Moonves, and if he wants her in a prominent role.

Was there an announcement made by either LL or LM? about this? did he come out and say "out of all the characters she is my favorite?" cause i don't remember that.

Now if this is an assumption or rumor based on the fact that she got a big part, then wouldn't all the stars be his favs, (reguardless if he fired/rehired them or not).

Again its just tad bit confusing because i have never thought that she was Les's fav.

I am sorry and please correct me if i am wrong as i have seen this numerous times said "she is a favorite of Les Moonves, and if he wants her in a prominent role.

Was there an announcement made by either LL or LM? about this? did he come out and say "out of all the characters she is my favorite?" cause i don't remember that.

Now if this is an assumption or rumor based on the fact that she got a big part, then wouldn't all the stars be his favs, (reguardless if he fired/rehired them or not).

Again its just tad bit confusing because i have never thought that she was Les's fav.

You are correct, Destiny. I misworded this. The information I read on a couple of other forums (thus consider it an unsubstntiated rumor) stated that Les Moonves is a big fan of Louise Lombard and requested that a role be created for her on CSI. If I find the original source for this, I'll be sure to share it with the thread.

Since LM is the main boss (and he WAS the exec who fired Jorja Fox and George Eads), I think he has a lot more clout than anyone else connected with the show and can dictate who he wants or doesn't want on the show. That's not to say that others connect with the show can't request to have someone they admire, have worked with in the past, are related to, etc. be given a role, either. Example--Marg Helgenberger's husband (who's also a known actor) was a guest in "Weeping Willows" and may do another guest stint this season (although I'm not sure if he'll play the same character).

Sofia, thank goodness she got all of two minutes to shine. Quality over quantity.

Well, she gets the thankless job to talking to two bonehead college dudes. Would it kill them to stand up while talking to a detective? I do like how she somberly informs them ‘they’re all dead’ and gives them a good does of reality in their sheltered college life of booze and chicks.

Sofia & Nick in the vet’s office was just plain SWEET. Sofia is the kind of person you love to be around because she knows when to be lighthearted. Plus she readily is there with a smile for you.

I guess Nick forgets that she was a CSI and supervisor at that, so why is he surprised that she already had the names of past employees ready for him. It was a very nice moment that Sofia looked a tad embarrassed that Nick noted all the names were alphabetical. So she is a little anal, but I can not fault her on doing things in an orderly fashion, just like I would.

Were they flirting? Maybe. But I see Sofia as a true people person and is that way around everyone.

Her wanting to stay and help Nick process again shows the team-work attitude she has. A wish to have human contact in her life AND a real awareness not to leave Nick all alone like this buddies have.

It's great to see her not copping the attitude of 'that's not my job' but instead sees that working together will speed up the processing time. Come on these people are suppose to be working at night, but all we see this season is them working mostly during the day. So since they are already past clockout time, the faster they get done processing the vet's office, the faster they can go home and rest.

Clearly Nick needs someone to feel comfortable with and now that Warrick is married, the only one who is willing to understand he could use some TLC is Sofia. Has Gil or Cath ever asked him how is he doing? Is he seeing a department counceler? Or are they just leaving him hang in the wind all alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back