LOST # 2 ~ 'We Don't Wanna Be Rescued!'

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Apr 10, 2006.

1. hammer

hammer Dead on Arrival

Lost is really wonderful show. Because it has the mystiry, the romance, the action, and even the medical shows all in one. I like this series very much.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Wow, good episode. I love anything Ben, so this was fantabulous.

Now... will he stay on the "good" side or will he slip back into bad habits? I guess time (or the last 9 episodes! ;) ) will tell. :lol:

Man, Widmore is back! I keep forgetting about people and then they turn up again.

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wow, is right. This is one of the best episodes IMO. (At least til now; they all seem to be getting better and more awesome.)
    I never thought I could like 'Ben' ever again, but Michael Emerson has evoked every emotion possible for his character. What a moving performance (Emmy!). His initial scene with his dad, the scenes with his 'daughter', the scenes with Ilana, and the final scene on the beach were incredible.
    And this episode had a lot of great tidbits: Alex (Rousseau!), Lapidus overslept(?), 6 candidates left, Artz(!), Richard Alpert (cursed?), any significance of the Elba reference?, Whidmore's back, I loved Ilana in this (I'll take you), and (dynamite) Jack was awesome!
    Loved the end scene with the Team Jack reunion (of sorts); clearly the opposite (more uplifting) of last week's Team Locke ending scene.
    I definitely will watch this one again.

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Same here! Made you 'sort of' feel for him. Halfway through the episode I'm thinking 'Give that man another Emmy!' What a great actor and my favorite episode so far this season.

6. BabaOReilly

Yesterday on Twitter from Damon Lindelof: "Things I am grateful for: Alfredo Sauce. My Waterpik. And last but not least, Michael Emerson." :D

Could not agree more. I Tweeted back that Ben was one of the best characters to ever grace our TVs.

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

LOL, I missed that! Love it!

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^DITTO!

And FFF, love your avi! Aww, I miss Speedle.

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree....very good episode! Ben is an awesome character, and Michael Emerson is just...well, Michael Emerson! :)

Questions...questions....so far in this "parallel universe" it seems like two separate worlds, but now we see that the Ben of the sideways flash has actually been to the island and the Dharma Initiative exists in that world too. And yet, there is Alex in the sideways flash, but...aw hell, my head hurts! :lol:

Last, but not least...a submarine?? Really? That looked a bit hokey and made me laugh. :)

10. Smokey

I loved this episode!! It had the feel of some of the earlier ones where you really felt like you were being taken by surprise and learning things. And now we can see a bit clearer where things are going. I like! :D

And I have to say, the scenes near the beginning where Richard was riding the horse through the woods....that was really beautiful and the music was as well. Very nice!

11. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I agree with everything you said Smokey. We've been waiting so long to learn about Richard even though most people already figured it out.

Jacob's description of what the island is.....was certainly not what I was expecting.

12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I was disappointed in this episode. Richard's been this mystery man and that's it? That's his story? And they dragged that out sooo long!

Am I getting this right, I really hope this show wasn't all about good and evil. So is Jacob supposed to be God and the man in black the devil? :shifty:

13. Smokey

:eek: You were disappointed??! I loved it! :lol: (I don't think we have to worry about spoilers now that it's aired) We found out that Richard has been around since 1857. I loved the scene with Hurley talking to his wife for him.

I think the show has always been about good and evil. Remember Locke talking about it on the beach in season 1? And the chess board? The black and white pieces? I'm not sure Jacob is "God", per se, but good...yes. I don't really understand why he could make Richard live forever but couldn't bring his wife back or forgive his sins tho.

So the "bad" guy jumps into any ol' dead body (Locke), but now that Jacob is dead he can't jump into a body...they have to have an actual successor to him...that is, one of the "candidates".

I think the remainder of the season is going to be awesome if they start tying everything together now. :)

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I thought this was a good, and important, episode, but not a great one. We did learn Richard's backstory, but I don't think I learned anything new about the island and the candidates; just confirmed some things. Although, I guess I did learn more of the history of the island and the battle between good and evil, and how it 'started' with Jacob and the MIB.
    I did love Hurley speaking Italian!
    No sideways story did make it easier to follow. Although, I admit to loving the sideways stuff.
    The 'Ben' episode was so incredible that the episodes since have paled in comparison, IMO. Like Sawyer's episode last week, good but not great.
    Halfway through the season; things are definitely falling into place.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  15. BabaOReilly

I think Hurley was speaking Spanish, actually. But whatever. It was still cool. :)

I too really enjoyed this episode. It just seems like they're really rolling along now, revealing what all these people have been about all this time, and where they came from... It's just so crazy to have so much finally revealed (instead of leaving an episode with more questions than answers, like in past seasons). I'm finding it all very exciting. :)