Locker Room #17: Danny/Carmine: Our Utility Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carmine does not have Native American ancestry. See his Save Ellis Island video. Two Italian grandparents, one Norwegian and one English from way back. Just goes to show you that you must take all info you see and hear as possible and then research it. Go back to Wikpedia to correct or it will further the mistake. Anyone that can misspell Messer needs further scrutiny, before accepting as fact.

I think that we can infer from the video clip that the ancestry information was a part of an interview that he gave to Extra, and would likely have had to vet before they aired it. Considering that the Native Americans didn't come through Ellis Island, he's not likely to have mentioned it there, but who knows?

Did I miss something with the mis-spelling? *is confused*

I have a question, does MR. Giovinazzo have an official website.????? I know of one site, but I read someone it wasn't his official

^Actually, that is his official website--I have no idea why it's labeled as unofficial. But that's the official one.

As for the Native American ancestry thing...given that Extra couldn't spell his character's name right and called him "calm and collected" (sorry, we love Danny because he's the exact opposite of those things :lol: ), I'm not surprised they got background info on him wrong. :rolleyes: It was a cute interview, but I like the ones that are a little less "oooh, here's this hot babe and here's what he wants in a girl!" Those are so manufactured. It's more fun to hear him talk about the show and his character. Or about his vacation with Eddie. ;) :D

yea, that's the one I was thinking of. I wonder why the contact page doesn't work for me?????? I am sooooo looking for a good address to contact him at, I'm not having veru good luck though.... :(

^As far as I know, he hasn't answered e-mail for a while. You can probably write to him care of CBS, snail mail.

Top41 said:
^Actually, that is his official website--I have no idea why it's labeled as unofficial. But that's the official one.

:) Ok...I thought it was his official site and then it said 'unofficial site' so I thought I was wrong.

Calm and collected? :lol: Somebody needs to watch the show. :p

Ya know, I am kinda sad the Native American ancestry is inaccurate now.

I wanted so bad to see him in an Indian costume. Ya know, the really, really light headdress-and-thong-only version. :devil: :devil: :devil:

By the way, to everyone on my side of the world, HAPPY NEW YEAR! :D :D :D Hope you guys had a good one!

Top41 said:
As for the Native American ancestry thing...given that Extra couldn't spell his character's name right and called him "calm and collected" (sorry, we love Danny because he's the exact opposite of those things :lol: ), I'm not surprised they got background info on him wrong. :rolleyes:

That was really cute and that is one damn hot bachelor. The boy is the total package, but I was a bit disappointed with Extra's production on that one. They misspelled his character's name, inaccurately described the character and got his lineage wrong. WTF? Some intern over there needs to be fired. That's unacceptable.

But the line about loving shorts and tank tops was cute and I am soooo with him on the Blackberry thing. I've blogged about that. What the hell is it that makes every known form of acceptable etiquette go out the window if a Blackberry is involved? When did it become okay to read messages in the middle of a live conversation?

^I'm so with him on the Blackberry thing, too. I'll save the rant (and oh, I could rant!) but I do not get people taking out their phone and fiddling with it while at a meal or even in the company of another person! I worry that face-to-face communication is going to go the way of the dinosaur. :eek:

Happy New Year, everyone!!! :D

Wait, he was talking about people using the damn thing during a meal or a conversation?!

... are people really that rude there? Now I am starting to get why he's still single. :p :lol: I don't even remember I have a mobile phone until my date has to go to the loo or something. Then maybe I'll sneak a look at my phone to see messages and stuff.

Using a phone during a conversation or meal = extremely rude, anywhere in the world!

I think Extra said "he plays Danny Messer - calm, cool, and collected, but in real life he's just plain hot."

I thought it would've been a much better line if they had said "He plays the hotheaded Danny Messer, but in real life, he's just plain hot!" A better play on words, and much more true!

I don't even remember I have a mobile phone until my date has to go to the loo or something. Then maybe I'll sneak a look at my phone to see messages and stuff.
I don't get why people area so attached to their cell phones either. Sometimes, I don't even remember to bring my cell phone with me when I go out. :lol: I'm pretty attached to my mp3 player though (I bring that thing everywhere I go). :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back