Locker Room #17: Danny/Carmine: Our Utility Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks PA. He sure did look pretty in "Comes Around." :lol:

I think the only time he wore a tie was in that MIA/NYC episode. It's funny how little things can really change the look of the character--taking away the tie, adding glasses, etc. He was cute in MIA/NYC, but I can't imagine Danny without the glasses now.

Yeah Danny without glasses isn't Danny. Then Danny becomes Carmine again. But I prefer Carmine without the glasses. It fits to Danny, but Carmine is just fine without them, I think

I think the glasses look good on Carmine, too, but yeah, the glasses really are Danny's thing.

I don't surely know, but Carmine doesn't wear glasses, does he? I think I read somewhere that he put on the glasses just for playing Danny

I've read somewhere else that Carmine himself said he'd be blind without them. The glasses Danny is wearing are prescription for Carmine. He uses contact lenses in real life. I'm not entirely sure, but in 80% sure :lol:

I've read somewhere else that Carmine himself said he'd be blind without them. The glasses Danny is wearing are prescription for Carmine. He uses contact lenses in real life. I'm not entirely sure, but in 80% sure :lol:

Yeah, in real life he uses lenses. But he said he uses the glasses for Danny to make him look smarter. That's what I read...

guys im hoping you know this because you read it somewhere and not because youve been hiding in the bushes outside carmines house! lol!:guffaw:

i like danny without the tie- i know hes suppose to look smart but it fits with the character - not being pristine and neat and doing all the right and polite things. especially in the court room when hes being a 'wise ass' as danny would describe it. :p

as for the glasses - giving an actor a 'prop' such as that wud help them to get into character. you know, the touching glasses when nervous taking them off just before a sincere speech. Plus carmine makes danny make glasses hot ... if ya get wat i mean :p

Yep, that was in his first CSI Files interview! And he's wearing his glasses in some of the Ceesau pics on their site, too. They're not the same glasses Danny has, but they definitely look good on him.

Yes! I remember now! That is how I discovered CSIFiles, while I was looking around the Internet for interviews with Carmine. :D I've read the interview and then the reviews and then TalkCSI and then I joined :d But that's off topic :D Wearing contacts all the time is not recommended so that is probably why he had the glasses in the Cessau photos. They definitely look good on him, but when I see him with his glasses on, I automatically think about him as Danny not Carmine. So I agree with everyone: the glasses are Danny's :D

I believe there was also a comment about how Danny couldn't wear contacts in the lab because of the chemicals, so if he needed prescription lenses, he'd have to wear glasses.

Or did I fabricate that in my head? :confused:

They could have pretended that he didn't need glasses, of course, but what fun is that?

^That sounds like something that could have come from the first interview, too. It's been ages since I've looked at that one, but that sounds familiar.

Sorry to butt in, I'm new here. You can't wear contact lenses in a chemical lab - if you get acid in your eye it will melt the lense onto your eyeball. I'm a chemist, by the way.

^Welcome, Poppet! :) I guess that pretty well explains Danny's glasses, though I imagine if you get acid in your eye, it's not good in any case, contact or no contact. Ouch!!!!

It's not good but very easy to wash out. It's not so easy to remove a contact lense that is welded to your eye. Plus Dannys just not Danny without his glasses.

^Agreed on both counts. I would guess a contact lens welded to an eye would be a nightmare. Yikes. :(

And Danny needs the glasses--they've really become part of who the character is. I can't imagine him without them!

CSI Files: Fans have taken note of Danny's new glasses, which he didn't wear in the CSI: Miami episode ("MIA/NYC--NonStop") that introduced the NY cast. Why the change?
Giovinazzo: That was part of the character. We're creating a character and I think [the addition of the glasses] worked out for the best. They might come off at some point. I've kind of gotten used to them. Once put those on, you know who this guy is. It's not me, although I do wear glasses.
CSI Files: Did that have anything do with the addition of the glasses?
Giovinazzo: No, no, it was completely a decision that was made as we were beginning to do the show. [Though i]f I took them off, I couldn't see things. I'm blind without them.
CSI Files: It sounds like it was a good addition then.
Giovinazzo: It's nice. I don't have to do [the show] with my contacts on all the time. I can let my eyes breathe.

I did a little diggin'. Thanks to Top41 that she told me where to look. :D Carmine himself said that the glasses are part of the character. And they should stay on! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back