"Living Legend" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 19, 2006.

1. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

I liked this epi, Roger was great, and Catherine, they flashed back to Sam and she totally nailed Mickey at the end, who was shocked to realize that modern medicine can really take care of most of what ails you. :)

Plus, we had Greg in the SAFETY GOGGLES, that I love, plus the jumpsuit, and the joking Greg as well, plus Grissom realizing it was all just make up, Doc taking care of business, Nick, Sara and Warrick were great too, plus Sofia and Brass, a total and complete team effort, including Archie and Hodges (who is sort of being written as a more snarky Greg from the earlier seasons-when he wanted to be more involved in the cases before going out in the field) and that sort of leads even more humor to that scene between him and Greg and the experiment.

Loved it all, plus tomorrow morning the "Early Show" will be doing a segment on this, I wonder if they'll talk to Eric, they've talked to everyone else so far.

2. sherlockanne

sherlockanne Lab Technician

It's not weird at all! In fact, I was thinking the same thing... :devil: He was amazing in this episode! His eyes are GORGEOUS.

That end scene was awesome! Awwww Sam stopped Mickey from meeting Cath!! Wow Cath totally burned Mickey... :p

Loved Greg's KKBB moment!

3. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Roger Daltry aewsome! I love Greg, so cute with those glasses, amd "now we know how dun dun died" haha, and doc tripping that guy with the cane, i laught for like a minutes. haha

4. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

I agree with those who said it was great having the whole team work a case!

I didn't see any of the previews, spoilers for the episode, so I didn't know about all the disguises in advance, so was I the only one who could tell he was wearing prosthetics from the get-go?

Great casting with the teenaged Catherine- really good resembelence!

I enjoyed the story telling time with Warrick and Catherine :) I also liked how Greg brought up the book that he loved reading from "Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye".

Also, Doc kicked ass with the camera dude and Brass with his recount of the teenagers description of what happened- awesome!! :D

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

That was a pretty blah episode all around. I mean, I loved the Mickey Dunn stuff, but it just didn't stick. The most meaningful thing in the episode, to me, was finding out that Sam had Catherine's back, that he was protecting his baby. That was a REALLY nice touch, there. I mean, her last conversations with him, she was practically calling HIM a monster for his actions. Then, in the scene with Greg (where we FINALLY found out that, yes, Sam is dead), she was rushing to defend him. It's nice that she now has a really great story about her dad, a moment in her life when he put her needs first, where he protected her like a father should. It's not a lot, but at a time like this, when she's just lost him, that can mean the world.

Liked Sara telling Gris not to rule out the ghost. Why? Continuity from "Turn of the Screws." They were talking about a book, and about how it was a mystery as to whether a person was the murderer, or a ghost was. To this, Grissom replied it was only a mystery if one believed in ghosts. Teehee.

Also, Greg bringing up KKBB was great. So great to see some continuity this season, to see some things coming back around. Just those little nods to the audience are lovely, to let us know that they know we're loyal, and they appreciate us. :) (Or, they just thought continuity would be cute and they don't give a crap about us.... just had to be contrary to m'self a momnet. :))

Even that final moment fell a bit flat. I just think they wanted more impact from it, and it never really hit. I never really felt like Mickey was THAT evil. They played him off as this severely evil guy in the 1970's, but he seemed so tame, here, that it was hard to really fear him or be angry at him. They made him a little too sympathetic for that final moment to stick, I guess.

Doc Robbins with a cane. Love him. Just freakin' love him.

Overall. Loved Roger Daltrey. He did a great job, but this is one of those CSI episodes where the case just sucked up the characters for me, even the characters involved in the case. I didn't feel much of anything the whole episode except the above-mentioned moment with Cath. It was really touching, that one.

6. MMForbiddenDonut

MMForbiddenDonut Witness

I liked the part when Brass described what the teenagers said after they hit the one guy. That was hilarious.

7. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

That was a great episode! Great Thanksgiving one- perfect end to a pretty great day. The way he had so many faces, and was actually alive at the end- what a great twist. It was kind of neat to see Catherine back in the day- I would love to see a back-in-the-day Grissom sometime. I just hope the next episode is as good as this one.

8. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I liked the ep although it was obvious from the beginning what was going on.
    The skull that was found in the car had teeth. Couldn't they try to make an ID from that instead of figuring out why the bones glowed?
    For me, the key thing in the episode was that we finally learned that Sam is, indeed, dead. And poignant that he was guarding his daughter years before she knew she was his daughter.

9. speakerset

speakerset Lab Technician

In a way everyone knew that she was Sam's daughter but her.

Loved Greg's scenes, and the thing that was funny was how he would try to get in on the cases the same way that Hodges is doing this season, but he sort of shut him down there.

Greg in saftey goggles is a good thing, so isn't that jumpsuit.

Roger was great, but that scene where he (Mickey) was describing what he did to the cop, that was chilling, and more chilling, he did it with a smile on his face.

I'm a little surprised that it took Grissom that long to figure he was wearing make up, but he did and that's all that matters.

Just a great team effort, all of them great, and Doc, he kicked ass! :)

10. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Haha, that was hilarious! Ha

11. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i liked the sweet 70's beats...

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Darn, my memory is failing me and the review for KKBB isn't up. Could someone explain that to me, the book thing?

Gotta hand it to Doc, do NOT take him for a defenseless type...he's pretty lethal with his crutch.

I kinda liked Cath at the end myself.

When do we get another new ep? They did show the promo for...what was that, Loco Motives? just before the end, but if they said when we'd get it, I missed it.

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

loved the ep. LOVED it, seriously. there was everything in it. almost too much for me to tell. so i won't cuz i could ramble all day about it, i'll just say, it was friggin' GREAT. i'm giving 10/10. so far this season is just unbelievably good.

the only thing is, that i figured out in the beginning that it was the same guy and he used characterization, and it took them a long time to get it. the guy who played young Mickey was better than the old one i think, it was still good though.

but the whole plot? G.R.E.A.T. i love CSI even more now.

oh and GOTTA say this: Brass reading his notes in the very beginning was completely hilarous, and the same goes to Doc and his paparazzi action. i laughed so hard today.

summarizing - very high-class enteraintment.

14. Toots

Toots Pathologist

I really enjoyed this episode. I just have one little gripe. It would be obvious to a five-year-old that the Mickey Dunn character was wearing prosthetic faces. It just looked so fake, especially the one he was donning when he was singing karoke.

I liked how everybody got a scene in this episode and it is great that the team is working together to solve one case.

Greg did indeed look great, and he can make even a pair of dorky looking goggles and a jumpsuit look sexy. It was fun watching him and Hodges doing that experiment of sorts.

Man, Doc Robbins sure is a tough old bird. Good on him. I loved how he put that paparazzo in his place. Go Doc!

I'm probably one of the few people who post here who remember Barbara Bain, who played Derek's mom. Barbara was one of the stars of the original "Mission Impossible" TV show way back in the 1960's. She played the sexy secret agent known as "Cinnamon" and if memory serves, she won an Emmy Award for that role. She was a real looker back in those days, and she still looks very attractive.

It was also nice to see Kristen Minter, who used to play Randi the desk clerk in "ER". She only had a very small role, but hey, it's a job.

Alyssa said: "I never really felt like Mickey was THAT evil. They played him off as this severely evil guy in the 1970's, but he seemed so tame, here, that it was hard to really fear him or be angry at him. They made him a little too sympathetic for that final moment to stick, I guess."

Not to me. There is something horribly creepy about a guy who took immense pleasure out of first murdering a cop in cold blood, and then calmly bashing his teeth out so forensics wouldn't be able to identify the remains. I'm anti-death penalty, but if anyone would qualify for it, it would be that guy. He was pure evil. No way could I feel sorry for him

Loved this part: Hodges: Know what makes human bones glow in the dark? Greg: Love? Hodges: Tetracycline. :lol:

I just wanted to say this again: Greg in a blue jumpsuit and a white tee-shirt...purrrrrr. Very nice.

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

LOVED this episode!! (Wow! 2 episodes in a row. That's a record for the past two seasons)
    * I liked Warrick's ghostrider story and Cath's recollection of her meeting with Mickey.
    * Brass' one-liner: We're the police, not ghost busters!
    * The team working together again (awwwwww)
    * Cath & Greg processing the car. Greg mentioning Lois' book, tying Sam with the mob, then Cath defending her dad.
    * Doc effortlessly taking down the paparazzi guy.
    * The team working together again
    * Sara & Sofia worked well at their scene
    * Greg confuses Hodges
    * Cath watches slasher flicks with Lindsey. (they remembered to include mention of her specialty - blood spatter)
    * did I mention - The team working together again?
    * The interrogation with Cath/Brass/Mickey. Mickey thought he got one over on Cath by remembering who she was. Cath trumped him in the hospital. (YOU GO, GIRL!)

ETA: did anyone else get the "Mike Myers" name thing right away? that was too easy for me and I don't really watch horror movies.