"Living Legend" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 19, 2006.

1. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

i liked her attitude actually. in the scene at the end especially. allthough i do think that snapping at greg like that wasnt right. i dont know exactly if sam was a gangster or not, but when he was alive, cath never defended him like that...that is true. as for greg, he didnt mean any harm, he read lois' book...

2. Dardeile

Dardeile CSI Level One

Ok, that's right.
    But I probably would have overreacted, too.
    I mean she lost her father, a person she never had the possibility (or will) to get to know better as a DAD.
    So she probably has become a bit overprotectiv about her father memory.
    It's just a thought, I repeat it might be guilt sense.
    Greg was just the one who happened to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. She snapped.

3. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Yeah, I didn't see it as her picking on Greg, not for a second. She just snapped because someone mentioned Sam in a less than perfect light. In the wake of his death, she has a lot to deal with. Their last few conversations while he was alive were filled with confrontation. They certainly weren't the "last chat, apologizing for the past" type of conversation she may wish she'd had with him before he died. There are probably a lot of open wounds where he was concerned, for her. Should she have snapped? No, but I give her leeway because she was under emotional stress and trauma. She wanted to defend her father because she probably felt like she didn't do enough of that in life.

As those above had said, guilt.

4. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I loved this episode; it's so rare to have an upbeat ending on CSI. Our Greg's First Experiment was perfect; he really is turning into Grissom. And the Ninja Coroner moment was great.

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I found Cath's comment to Greg totally natural, and I think guilt had a lot to do with her comment. Remember - she told Sam he was a "thug in thousand dollar shoes" right before he was killed. Plus, you know it's always the feeling of being ok for yourself to call a close friend/family member bad names, but being protective enough to not allow others to do so.

I found Catherine's reaction to Mickey talking about Sam kind of interesting. I think her reaction was a mixture of astonishment that he actually remembered her and that he knew the woman he was talking to right then was Sam's daughter, along with surprise that Sam was protecting her, and also it was realization that Sam really WAS a "mob guy" if he had enough power to have the very powerful Mickey Dunn shaking in his shoes at a simple threat like that.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Un-tacking please feel free to continue the discussion. :)

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Interesting.. didn't get to watch this till late last night. because of family and the holiday.. found it excellent. S/7 is rockin".. Roger Daltry took the show.. ;) Mickey Dunn..the ghost of :devil: and all those characters.. good acting.. he looked really good too. I'd say he could pass for 50 not 62 :eek:and the younger Cath. pretty good likeness. but she didn't look 16 :rolleyes: and of course our man Grissom doing the measuring with his little measuring implement, to find out they were all the same guy ;)and the last scene "That's Life" and then Frank Sinatra singing..again. like in "Kiss Kiss Bye Bye".. Carol M. must really like Frank Sinatra.. and the old sign with Elvis Presley and all those guys.. they were all good.. but Daltry.. fantastic [​IMG]

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Well thought out and the writing was good. For some people, yes, I guess they could figure out that all the 'killers' were Daltrey but for my parents and I, we couldn't.

Brass had some good one liners at the beginning. I started cracking up and I thought my Thanksgiving dinner was going to come up [it didn't :p]. Yay for Brass moments!

Was the chemistry between Cath and Roger fantastic?! Yes it was! I loved every minute of it. Especially the ending hospital scene where Catherine winked at him. Can we say Shane's new ship? *will carry it over there* It was very nice to see those Cath moments. :)

And with Catherine in mind, yet I always do... :devil: ... the young Catherine looked very nice. :D Very realistic to the Catherine we know now. Very hot as well.

Final Grade: A.

9. Brassy

Brassy Hit and Run

Loved this episode. I really adore it when they tie in "Old Vegas" from the 1970s. Lois O'Neill had obviously been there through the decades because she'd been around during the "Rat Pack" days (late 1950s - 1960s) and then she wrote about Mickey Dunn in the 1970s (you GO GIRL!).

I remember Barbara Bain from Mission Impossible and Peter Graves as Jim Phelps (James Arness' brother) and Leonard Nimoy in all those old episodes. I couldn't believe it was really her! Fantastic.

One Continuity Fluff: When Catherine and Warrick are examining the bones and he mentions the "Ghostrider", Eddie Sanchez calling in the last sighting of Mickey Dunn and disappeared that night....he says it is AUGUST 12, 1976
    THEN Catherine says that "JAWS was sold out so I went looking for trouble...found Mickey Dunn" and that he told her to meet him outside at 2:00 a.m. and then went on to say that she showed up and he didn't and that she'd dodged a bullet....The problem is that JAWS came out in Summer of 1975 NOT 1976. I know because I was 12 and I went to see it in the packed theaters.

10. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Well, I actually managed to watch this episode while I was in the Caribbean on a cruise ship.. (haha that should be added to the 'You know you're obsessed when'..) nd I thought it was pretty good. It was torture not having my TiVo but I recorded it so I will rewatch it later (just got back from Miami)

Um, with Cath's comment towards Greg: did I like her snapping at him? No. Do I blame her? No. She did just lose someone that she never really got to... be with and fully enjoy and so she's still a little tender and guilt is definitely there but I still wish it wasn't poor Greg that recieved the small outburst. But oh well. At least she got over it pretty fast.

So on that note, I wonder if and when Greg is going to snap at someone..?

Love the "experiment". I absolutely adore Greg and Hodges scenes because there is that cute little relationship between them where its part competition, part guys being guys, but i also think there is admiration in there as well as a nice little understanding because Greg is proof that a lab rat can become a CSI and while there hasn't been verbal evidence that Hodges wants to get out in the field (or maybe there was, not sure) he has definitely been getting into the investigations and experiments and stuff and shows a lot of interest in the cases so... while I don't think hodges will ever become a CSI, it is a cute idea especially when its between a Lab Rat and a Former Lab Rat.

So that was nice.

I love Robert D... been a fan of The Who for a while so that was very cool. I think the girl playing younger Catherine was really pretty.

And.. another Catherine episode. I guess it wasn't too extreame but it was none the less. And yes, I am a crazy Greg fan and wouldn't mind more episodes for him, I know that for the sake of a good show, you need to split it up some. Now Greg has had two good episodes so far which I am thankful for. And hopefully there will be a few more to sum up this storyline but Where is Warrick?! I love that the last two epis had him and Greg, which have always been, in my opinion, the two most neglected characters, working together. Also Nick. He has quite a few small scenes that equal a good amount, but they are always about case related things. So, its nice to see him, but other than Fannysmackin, havn't seen a lot of emotion or just plain Nick come out yet (that I can remember.) As for Gris and Sara.. I'm satisfied with their screne time myself.

So, I think they are doing better, but a little more Warrick and continue what they're doing (maybe a little less Catherine. She's good and everything, but she seems to be taking over IMO) and i think that they'll be doing great.

Overall, good episode and Dec. 7th needs to come soon.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The part of that storyline that I didn't get was - Catherine's character was supposedly born March 26, 1963 - which would have made her 13 years old in 1976, not 16 years old as she said in that scene. TPTB just can never get the continuity even close anymore.

13. shanniegirl

shanniegirl Dead on Arrival

I don't think that Catherine's run in with Mickey Dunn was supposed to be the same night as the Ghostrider story, they are two seperate events. Catherine probably ran into Mickey the summer of '75, and he didn't disappear until the summer of '76.

14. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Well didn't she say something about dodging Mickey and therefore dodging a bullet?

I don't know, it seemed to me that he disappeared the night she was stood up but I could have it all screwed up.

15. csilovegrissom

csilovegrissom Hit and Run

Just watched 'Living Legend' and i have to say it is my fave csi episode so far - It was wicked