"Living Doll" Season Finale Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 13, 2007.

1. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

The police weren't on her car before he found the miniatures I don't think. Grissom saw the miniature, the police went to her car- and then Grissom started calling her cell.

But, the way the episode was shot you don't know how long she was missing for. It could've been hours, or it could've been minutes.

Obviously Natalie had time to put the mini in Grissom's office, kidnap Sara, put her under the car, and go back home.

And I just realised more things that were cut out of the episode :lol:

-Sara getting tasered
    -Sara telling Grissom she was going to San Francisco.

I'm glad they did- that would've been one more storyling they'd have to remember :lol:

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I did too, the first one anyway. I was saying it, expecting her to, and she didn't.

3. jasjod

jasjod Dead on Arrival

Jorja supposedly didn't show for the final part of taping? But finally did? Plus she's supposedly is in a contract dispute? If she did finally show (which I'm not sure because we really don't see her face when she's under the car or when he gets kidnapped which was the last part of taping) they should have made it a 90 minute episode and let Sara live. They can then still continue this storyline without her if she doesn't come back. As someone said the new season usually coincides with real time. At the beginning of season 8 if Jorja doesn't come back they can have the season start off with us finding out Sara has been transferred elsewhere because of GSR and Grissom is still there because he is more important to the team and hasn't had the past issues like Sara has already had. Then they don't have the TBC and there's some closure to the show. Now if they did this and Jorja does come back they can have season 8 be about the repercussions of GSR. Sara moving to days, Grissom moving to days, same shift but not allowed at the same crime scenes, whatever but they could have finished this episode on finale night. As William did say on the early show though, he thought they did deserve this ending as this has been continuing like this all season. What happens if she doesn't come back? If she dies which I think they're leaning towards if she doesn't come back, we need to see that and just can't find out at the start of season 8 they lost Sara. I think with this TBC they dug themselves a deep whole to get out of wether she comes back or not and may not be able to get out.

4. Briscoe

Briscoe Civilian

I thought it was a pretty good episode.
    About a week or two before it came on I read an article in a magazine about the whole raise that Jorja Fox wanted and how she didn't show up the last day to film. I was like, "OMG!! They better not kill her off!"when I got to the part about how they wanted to kill Sara.
    Because of that article I had anxiously been waiting the season finale worrying, Are they gonna kill her? I think it also made the whole episode more suspenseful for me. I about threw a chair through the TV set when the screen showed "To Be Continued."
    Kinda surprised to find out that the Minature killer was a girl.

5. seattlecsifan

seattlecsifan Hit and Run

Try PureJorga.net too.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Your so welcome seattle my pleasure, I'm just hoping that down the line the "FILES" will have this video feature, and we can watch them here, and won't have to resort to other fan-sites that are out there, to view our guys! [& girls] ;)

An I rewatched this again.. putting some perspective in it, not so hyped up, and it was a brilliant finale.. so complicated, that's what I didn't get the first time out! go Sarah Goldfinger and Naren, and all the other writers involved in this great show and this great finale!

7. seattlecsifan

seattlecsifan Hit and Run

I've been thinking that there is no way they can let Sara die. If Grissom found the Mini Killer one day to late & she died because of it he would judt cease to function. So even if Jorja doesn't sign up for season 8 they'll have to either have her guest star a few times, or let Sara live on off screen.

Also I was watching some of TGTB&TD & noticed that while Grissom was reading the psyck book he was fiddling with a jaw bone or something. I find it amazing that you can watch these episode a half dozen times & still see something new.

8. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

I'll watch the show next year regardless of the outcome of the finale. i think sara and would go well together, and then let us not forget about lady heather. i love melinda clarke (even tho the epi last week wasn't that great) and i hope we see her more next season!

9. gottaloveGSR

gottaloveGSR Victim

Thanks for another site desertwind ... On the first page of that site there is also a link to this one: http://jorjafox.org/ It's Jorja Fox's official site, expressing her personal beliefs and thoughts. I loved it! If it really is hers, she kicks a**!

10. Egad

Egad Victim

I liked the finalé, I thought the script was a little contrived in places (placing Sara in danger and having Grissom trying to rescue her, very old school in the first place, nevermind it's been done with Nick previously - it's a little bit Mills and Boon for my liking, even in a CSI setting, haha!).

I thought the scene with Grissom and Natalie was good though - I was expecting Grissom to spaz, of course, but playing it off of the fantasy version, who is actually a lot closer to the Grissom you kind of expect (collected, calculating - tricky) was a nice way to deal with it. You also have to wonder whose daydream it was - his or hers.

I wish we'd seen the rest of the team react a little more, though. It's not JUST about Grissom - would've been nice to see some friendship stuff with the others.

11. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

yea, i agree. they didn't include very much at all of the other characters. i guess b/c they were trying to build up the tension between Natalie and Grissom maybe? idk, i just hope next season we see more of the rest of the cast.

is it just me, or did i hear warrick mention something about having a baby/kid in either this epi or the week before?

12. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I've seen a lot of posts, both here and on Elyse's website, asking how Natalie was able to put Sara under the car. Everyone seems to think seems to think Natalie had to have help doing it -- at least to the extent of hiring a towing service to move the car. Not necessarily.

First of all, we're not talking about a massive SUV or Hummer; it's a sportscar, which is a lot lighter in weight. Natalie could have rented a tow truck and attached flatbed trailer and driven them herself to the scrapyard. She then drives out to her selected spot in the desert, detaches the truck from the trailer and uses the truck's crane to manuever(sp?) the wreck into the proper position. Sure it would take time working alone but at this point Natalie's got approximately 6 weeks to get it right. After that, it was simply a matter of kidnapping Sara, driving out to the prepared site, jacking the wreck up enough to slide Sara under it and then lowering the wreck to pin her securely.

Now, since Natalie is crazy but not stupid, she probably snatched Sara before dropping the miniature off. Otherwise, she was risking Grissom finding the miniature in time to warn Sara. Anyway, I figure there was at least a half-hour, maybe an hour between Grissom finding the miniature and the big reveal scene, then another two to three hours before the emergency order Grissom was requesting came through. That means once Natalie got outside the city limits, driving as fast as the speed limit, she had time to go 50 to 100 miles in any direction.

13. Egad

Egad Victim

Yeah, I was thinking about the how - 100 miles in any direction though, an overturned car is going to be easily spotted from the air and a lot more ground covered from that vantage point -- if she was going to be really twisted she'd've dumped loads of cars all over the desert XD

14. csicathwillows

csicathwillows Witness

i have a question about the miniature killer, and i was wondering if someone could clear it up for me... in the episode "moster in a box" there was a miniature with bleach and it must have been made by natalie. But, Barbara Tillman (the victim) had an advanced case off parkinson's and wanted to die, so she and her brother came up with a plan. "They put together a plan to have Peyton help her die and blame the miniature killer" (quote from the CBS CSI epi guide). That episode really confused me, how could they both be the killer? what happend there?

15. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

yeah i was confused after that episode too. i think it was like this: the police officer who pretended to be barbara tillman was killed. then barbara tillman and her brother thought they could just imitate that murder and it would look as if the MCSK returned to finish what she had started. so none of the CSIs or the police would have suspected B. T.'s brother of killing his sister.....does that make ANY sense? :lol: