"Living Doll" Season Finale Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 13, 2007.

1. jtbwriter2006

jtbwriter2006 Victim

I guess I'm old school-I hate season ending cliffhangers...
    Plus I'm afraid Season 8 will be decided by Money people instead of the writers. JF deserves a raise, and I think if enough people let TPTB know this show is stronger with JF then without, they'll sign her. After reading a really heartbreaker of a story at FFnet, I think LD was a good episode-with a really bad ending. Sigh-4 months to Season 8.

2. gottaloveGSR

gottaloveGSR Victim

Hi!
    I've been a lurker as a guest for a few months now, but as the season is done, I'm sitting here scratching my head and wanting more.
    First, somebody PLEASE tell me they know something about the fact that Sara WILL be back next year!! Please?!?
    Second, I saw a post on this list one time (which I can't seem to relocate) about an episode during this season where it was mentioned that Grissom's beard had been shaved by Sara?? Is that right? Am I imagining this? Which episode was it?
    Thanks again so much in advance. It's a pleasure signing up on this list. :)

3. tinkyboo

tinkyboo Victim

I thought this was an excellent episode. I don't like cliffhangers but I suppose there wasn't much they could do since they don't know if Jorja Fox will be back next year.

Natalie's father and the Chloe doll were so creepy and that "pain in my sawdust" song was really disturbing. I think the writers did a very good job in showing factors that may have caused Natalie's behaviour without trying to find a exact reason. She seems to live in a nightmarish world of her own.

There was just one thing though, Grissom thinks that she has kidnapped Sarah because she want's to take away the person he loves, but by Natalie's reactions it seems that she is jealous of Sarah. There didn't seem to be any bleachy reason for killing Sarah, she just wants Grissom's attention and praise.

I can hardly wait for season 8, no matter what the outcome is.

4. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

Wow - I have to add myself to the list of those disappointed with the ep. I don't mind the cliffhanger (though...I'm likely hoping for a slightly different resolution to it, heh). And I thought the actress playing Natalie did a great job with the material. But the writing left a lot to be desired. I think it should have been a 90 minute with something in the ep to lighten it up a bit. It was just weird and dark with no real emotional base really. Not for me anyway. I just didn't buy any of it. I didn't really feel that I understood Natalie, I didn't buy her abducting Sara to get back at Grissom, nothing in the episode really grabbed a hold of me and made me care about it. The only two things that I found at all interesting were the father with the dummy and the cute scene with Grissom and Cath sharing the reading glasses.

It was a better episode than most this season - but that's not really saying much by comparison.

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I'm not sure if I wrote it here or not...i think Natalie has some sort of...Maybe autism or aspergers...one of those things in which the person is a GENIOUS, but socially lost...

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

If you want to see a real treat, it's the cast via video from "The Early Show" Billy.. Marg..Jorja..George and Gary talking about the "cliffhanger" and WP states that "he doesn't like "cliffhangers" but under the circumstances, this was the only way it could be" and I was amazed at how animated they all were..& SO HAPPY, especially Gary, and Jorja is way to pleasant and cheerful, to be like this, if in fact their killing her off! go watch it is in two parts. Julie Chen interviews them [Les Moonves wife] what a bunch of lovely people! I was very impressed!

http://www.grissomsararomance.com/

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah but those interviews were filmed while they were still filming the episode. Things could have changed since then with Jorja.

8. nova_fan

nova_fan Dead on Arrival

I deliberatly avoided all spoilers, which was probably good.

I truely liked this episode. While I generally like the show to focus more on the main characters, I thought the time spent on Natalie was great. Her character was extremely well done. Less time on her would've resulted in our not "getting" her as well.

Most of the great scenes were already mentioned, ditto to all of them.

I don't mind it being a cliff hanger - and actually if you think about it, Grave Danger was really a cliff hanger - we didn't really know if Nick would live and be ok to return to work. I kind of like have three months or so to fantasize about all the possible outcomes.

While I was tired of the MCSK after the second epi about it, and while I hoped that the death of Ernie Dell would be the end of it, this epi was really well done.

I also liked the way Grissom's feelings for Sara were revealed. I'm glad it wasn't some huge scene; it didn't need to be.

I really hope Sara is back next season and I hope that Grissom and Sara are still together. TPTB should give Jorja the raise she wants, however much it is, unless she wants more than Peterson.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

HMMM,oh contrare.. it was after they were done filming. it wrapped up in April, and this was last week, she interviewed them.. go watch them. they talk about the car wreck the MSCK, his revelation of 'love' all of it.. ;) I wanted the fans to see how happy they are are.. that was the point ;)

10. edog

edog Lab Technician

I would say, judging by Jorja's haircut, that it was filmed after or during the filming of Living Doll. My eyesight might be going in my old age ;) , but I could swear she cut it or something. Straightened it since TGTB&TD only a week ago. Anyway, while the vid is nice and all, it would seem CBS made sure Julie Chen said "Neither the writers nor Jorja know if Sara will be okay." Like, they could've said "the cast" but no, they said "Jorja" specifically.

So this doesn't really clear up what's gonna happen to her and it also implies that Jorja is still in negotiations or something to that effect.

Nice to see the cast smiling though. And George was so right about Nick! Haha. Thick-headed. How many Dumb!Nicky moments have we had over the years? :lol:

I also just had a random thought on forensics in this episode, or lack there of. We were dealing with someone who left little forensic evidence behind to process, the fingerprint being the only(?) slip up. This was more a mind game between Grissom and Natalie, I think. A change of pace from the evidence collecting, I guess.

11. phantomscreams

phantomscreams Hit and Run

okay, I've had a chance to review the episode about 4 times now. Here's the rub, I stayed pretty much spoiler free for this for one simple reason, I didn't want to be bored. The trick worked. The episode was damn good imho. Can't say I like the TBC ending, but I'm more impressed it took CSE 7 seasons to have to resort to it.

The mood in this episode was spot on. My favorite scenes were Natalie's job interview scene (what a photographic memory!) and Grissom's essntial slip of the tongue about his rlationship with Sara.

my favorite line was "I'm off to see the shadowcaster of the Forgotten Realms" which implies that Grissom has or at one time played DnD (as Shadowcasters are a prestige class in forgotten realms dealing with shadow magic)... DnD is a social game, which is odd for Grissom. Anyone else catch that? I bet not :p

12. vexus

vexus Pathologist

My personal opinion was that I thought the finale should have been a 2 hour finale. I felt very "empty" when the show ended after one hour.

I thought Jessica Collins did a great job as Natalie. She really creeped me out! I am glad that they used a female as the killer. It makes it more chilling to see the show go with the non-stereotypical killer.

Was it just me or did they seem too calm to be worried about Sara? When Nick was missing, I saw more emotion out of them. The only one with all the emotiion was Grissom, obviously.

I still have too questions that I would love to figure out:

1. How did she get the car to flip over Sara?

2. How did Sara get kidnapped in the first place?

13. seattlecsifan

seattlecsifan Hit and Run

Sara gives Grissom a shave at the end of Fallen Idols

14. seattlecsifan

seattlecsifan Hit and Run

I've been having another look at LD & am I crazy or does it look like Natalie is drawing Grissom in her notebook while waiting for the job interview? Super creepy!

15. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I heard Grissom say when he's interrogating Natalie that she actually had the car towed out to the desert, so that's how she got it out there... but I guess that doesn't answer your question, huh? :lol: :p My guess would be either the car was already flipped over and then she put Sara under it or something like that. Not sure though.

I read the original spoilers for this episode and Natalie was going to follow Sara into the parking garage and taser her. It may still have happened but they didn't show you, so it leaves it up to your imagination. My guess would be she surprised her, tasered her, probably knocked her unconscious (if she fell on the ground and hit her head), carried her to a car and then drove out to the desert and done the rest.