"Living Doll" Season Finale Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 13, 2007.

1. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

I want to see CSI sooner ! I can't wait until September *tears*

2. jurcel

jurcel Civilian

I agree with some of you posters that thus episode was a little boring. But the ending was unexpected for me. Since the last few weeks we heart rumors that because of salary problems, that Jorja Fox did not appear for the entire filming of this episode. It looked like the writers were ready to kill Sara of the show. But it has a "TO BE CONTINUED" ending so there is where everything fell apart for me. So I think we have to wait till September to see what is going to happened or follow the gossips during this break and worm up on the reruns.

Jurgen

3. jtbwriter2006

jtbwriter2006 Victim

It was a good episode until the final 10 minutes-the actress playing Natalie was creepy, the process she followed really set a mood. I liked how the others, from Brass on to Warrick and Nick and Catherine reacted when Grissom admitted his love for Sara, and his reactive panic then calm focus. But...the unnecessary "slo-mo" chase, the daydream of killing Grissom, those could have been eliminated for Natalie's spilling of a clue as to where Sara was, then the overhead shot of Sara under the car, and her hand signaling for help when voices and cars are heard, maybe even a "She's here!". Then do the TBC! At least we could have hung on for 4 months on that! The cliffie was not necessary-it lessened the impact of this story!
    I hope we'll get a better continuance next season.

4. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Girly, I know you're not spoiled at ALL, but the "Sara under the car at the end with her hand twitching" has been out there for at least a month, long before the JF rumors/whatever. So, the ending was already in place, not a last-minute attempt to salvage anything.

I thought it was a deeply psychological episode. Natalie was thrilling. Her father was creepifying, and everyone else was phenomenal. The acting in this episode was really top-notch. I was laughing. I was standing in shock. I was gasping... and I was spoiled as spoiled can be!

More later, when I'm awake. :) But, yeah, woah.

I called my fiance when I got off work, and he was just RAVING about this. He said he wouldn't be able to sleep because he just loved the episode so much, and rated it #2 behind "Grave Danger" in terms of best ever CSI eps. I love that he introduced me to this show, and now I'm even more obsessed than he is!

Really fun. Rushed at times, yes, but wow. Really fun.

5. MZA

MZA Civilian

my god what a seat gripper. i just about flipped my lid when natalie day dreamed slashing grissom! so, they begin airing the next season on thursday i hope... idk if i can wait to see if they find sara!

6. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

*jumps out bed and runs in here to see what it was like
    I gotta wait for weeks to actualluy see this episode so I try to catch as much as I can!

Seems some people loved it, some others were disappointed.

How much longer till season 8 aires in the US?

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Probably mid to late September.

8. DaveR

DaveR Victim

That's a different Jessica Collins.

Dog Eat Dog
    Living Doll

Dave

9. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

Well, the episode was very slow; my only issue is if the WHOLE Grrisom interrogation was real or fantasy - the show never explicitly states either.

10. Dalnabe

Dalnabe Hit and Run

This episode really focused on Natalie, what I really liked, because I wanted to know what's going on in her mind. But unfortunately, we didn't get much closure, did we? We now know that she
    - built the miniatures
    - killed the victims
    - holds a grunge against Grissom and therefore
    - wanted to harm Sara.

Hm, she wanted Grissom to suffer, because he - in a way - took Ernie Dell away from her. But why did she kill the first victims in the first place? Sure, bleach reminded her of the terrible past, she might have freaked out. But why the heck is she working as a cleaning lady than? There must be more to it.

Also, I don't really understand why she killed her sister. Did she feel less loved? But why is she leaving clues of the dead doll? Does is represent her sister or herself? What's the message? I don't get it. At the end it seemed to me that she's rather craving for attention than to kill, uhm, harm Sara.

It's hard to rate this episode, because I think it can be only (hopefully) understood with the next episode coming. Seen as a standalone episode, I was a bit disappointed.

11. f_f_O

f_f_O Prime Suspect

I really didn't like CSI using fantasy scenes. It's not within CSI's convention to do that.

I liked the attention to detail on the models, but I didn't like the stereotyping of model makers (it's cliche). I didn't like the lack of Greg Sanders and I thought it was very silly that trained CSI's would not spot a relationship, that no one really suspected it except maybe Greg. :eek:

This season has too many cliff-hangers across TV, and I was hoping that CSI would pull out ahead with a surpise honest wrapping-up of the storyline, and that the contract rumours where just a put-on to build up suspense. I might have felt a little cheated, but it would have made the episode more exciting.

This episode contained surprisingly little Sara for an episode where she ends up in peril. I did like the reveal of the Minitature Killer - a little different, but not too different. Reminded me of Columbo where we know who commits the crime, but the exciting bit is finding why they commited it.

I agree with the others: under ideal circumstances this should have gone 2 hours, but right now (according to rumours) the circumstances are not ideal.

I'm hoping Sara lives and we get some more of the season 1-4 Sara back. Overall, though I'm not holding my breath. I liked CSI not being too serialized, but it seems to be the norm in many crime dramas that mature and in some ways it worked. So, again, I'm neutral.

The woman playing Natalie was interesting and creepy. She did a very good job.

OVerall, this really was a neutral ep. Not good enought to be remembered, not bad enough to be remembered, but just... meh.

12. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Well, while the previews told everything that happened near the end, I must say, I liked this ep. One of the darkest, creepiest eps I've seen. If you haven't seen it, for extra effect, turn the lights off when you do. [shiver]

13. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Watch CSI in the dark... like I usually do :D
    Makes it even better

14. CSIfamily

CSIfamily Dead on Arrival

Well now that I have had time to sleep on it, I still feel cheated!

This show is no longer about the science involved in solving crime, just another mere soap opera.

I cannot express just how much I miss the "real crime solving" the lab work, people getting together to solve crimes, you do not see that anymore.

The only thing that is kind of sticking with me in this episode is Natalie's reaction when Gris. asks her why she killed Sara. She looked shocked saying "I did not kill her" almost caught off guard like she has no clue what he is talking about and also the person that called out to Sara in the parking garage said "Sara" in a very comfortable voice, almost giving the perception that the two knew each other maybe?

I just wish CSI would go back to the Season's 1-4 that I loved so much and looked forward to. I used to so look forward to each episode, now I just feel flat :(

15. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

Wow...just wow...

Finally, CSI has a real cliffhanger!! This episode was the creepiest, weirdest ep ever! I couldn't sleep at all after watching it...But I loved it! I can't get the song about the sawdust out of my head.
    That girl that played Natalie, she was excellent, Billy Petersen was excellent, the writers were great...
    Although the scene where Natalie stabbed Grissom in the neck had me going for a minute...
    All in all I loved it! I can't wait for September! :)