"Living Doll" Season Finale Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 13, 2007.

1. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I think they replayed Fallen Idols to appease the Greg fans... not to mention the fans of The Love.

2. MissMonk

MissMonk Rookie

like OMG! this episode was extreamly good. i loved it. it was facinating and the way they did natalie was just awesome. i igotta say that scene with natalie and grissom was a bit awkward but other then that. i loved this episode. i cant wait till next year.

3. rgrissom

rgrissom Dead on Arrival

Re: "Living Doll" Season Finale Discussion

OK, so like this episode was boring and uneventful. It was kind of like a bad trip watching all of those lights and music. We really didin't need to see all those scenes of Nataile putting together her minature. It seemed like they just needed to fill space since they didn't know what to do with JF being up in the air about her contract.

What was the deal with the Grissom throat slash thing? That was weak. The cliffhanger was trite. I'm so sick of shows sticking a cliffhanger at the end of the season as a cheap way to make sure we watch next fall. If a product is good, you don't have to suck people into coming back for more! I hope that they make up for this poor episode with the conclusion in September.

As for the GSR... they didn't really even give us that much. I would have like to see a little reaction from the rest of the crew to Gris' admission. Maybe a little snide comment by Cath... something?!? And what about last week's happenings? Did Sara just forget about the whole LH thing?
    Oh well... until next season.. I guess we wait. :mad:

4. Imperfect

Imperfect Police Officer

Oh my god Sara has to live! AH! That was probably the most terrifying episode of the season...maybe even the series. I cannot wait until next year, AH!

5. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

it was pretty good....but i felt like it moved somewhat slow.....or fast...well slow during the natalie scenes and fast during the scenes with a csi....the only thing that made this a good season finale was the cliffhanger....but...this is the 3rd year in a row that a csi was almost killed off on a season finale...idk....i guess i'm disappointed....

6. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Well, put it this way: the whole entire episode scared me...completley. I was in tears when the doll was telling part of the story. I was almost in tears when they didn't tie the ending together and left you hanging. Bascially, I thought the episode was good, but so very terrifying. I am quite excited for it to be on in the fall again, I know I will be watching.

7. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

This episode was very interesting, intense and psychological. There were pros and cons of it though:

Firstly, I feel that they established the character of Natalie, her background and her ambitions very well. The con to this however was that since the show was only one hour, it left no time for character reactions (as to Sara's disappearance, G/S' relationship, etc).

I loved Sofia going into the room with the dolls, you were right there with her. I'm going to have nightmares about all those stupid dolls :eek: :p

There was minimal character involvement in the episode but the few parts there were, I thoroughly enjoyed. I loved the part of Grissom sharing his glasses with Catherine, for instance. It was simple, but I enjoyed it.

One of the best parts of this episode was the scene where Natalie hides out in the parking garage for Sara. I liked how they left it up to your imagination, just with Sara getting out of the car and her saying, "Sara" and then it faded to a new scene.

The best part of this episode, I feel though was when Grissom talked to Natalie. You could tell he was trying to remain as calm as possible and then when she wouldn't tell him he snapped. I love seeing that emotion. I wanted to wring her neck :rolleyes:

I also really did enjoy the GSR scenes. I've felt that throughout this season TPTB and the writers just haven't been able to really hit the right note or find their stride with it yet but I think they did tonight. The flashbacks were wonderful, IMO. Just a simple glance, a touch on her arm. It held a lot of emotion.

As for the end... :eek: :eek:

I honestly think Jorja will be back though :p

8. SAMMY

SAMMY Victim

The looks on team were priceless with Grissom's understated analysis of why "MK" wants to destroy the only thing "he ever loved". And the bleach Chinese torture Brass spits out was great! But the rest was lacking something.

How about Season 8 opens with Nick saving Sarah and they realize they are meant for each other! Grissom and Lady Heather get down and dirty! Warrick and Greg move to Hawaii with there own spin off series "CSI: Maui Vice"! And Catherine and Sofia become best friends and in the season 8 finale one declares her love for the other...but which one? I'd stick around for that.

Sammy

9. MissMonk

MissMonk Rookie

LMAO!!! thats great! im going to hope for that opening now.

10. Carala

Carala Civilian

Living Doll isn't up on CBS Innertube yet. I dont have cable so I have to watch it on this. Usually it posts right after it airs on cable.

11. MissMonk

MissMonk Rookie

does it really?? well shoot. if i had known that i woulda blown csi off and watched scrubs. i didnt want to wait till 2am for it to go up "on demand"

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I have to say this episode was intriguing it drew me in

I'm sure I was laughing ( and I was laughing) at parts I shouldn't have like...

-when Ernie was telling Natalie to be a good girl and stop the killing. And when he said 'some people just need to be killed' I found myself laughing
    -at the woman who inteview Natalie at the maid service
    -I was especially laughing at the vantrilliquist's act
    (his life and how he dealt with his daughter's death was rather sad)
    -I laughed at Cath and Grissoms reaction to the vantrilliquists act

The rest of the episode

-Natalie was creepy creepy creepy.
    She is not the same actress that was in Dog eat Dog

I like how they unwound her story some from her foster family to her sisters death to Ernie, the only person she thought cared for her.

Let's see
    the end.. well I want to know if she lives or dies

13. llachlan

llachlan Victim

wow.

After about the 11 min mark, I kept watching my quicktime bar for time remaining, desparately trying to figure out how/if they could get it all resolved by the time 42 minutes hit.

Did I say wow? The character development of Natalie was great, and with seven seasons under our belt we didn't need tons of screen time for our heroes (all of them) to get the job done. It was nice though to see Doc getting a chance to be all forensicy.

Plus, that's exactly the kind of reveal that Grissom would make. It was perfect. It was also cool that Natalie, with her eye for detail, was able to pick up on Griss/Sara from just the crime scene observations.

wow.

Loved it. Worth my download time anyday.

llach

14. loki

loki Lab Technician

well there goes my summer...
    *begins her 3 month worry-about-Sara counter*

15. Freckles101

Freckles101 Hit and Run

OMG, just when I thought I was all out of tears from Lost last night, bam, we get this episode. I was so worried all day that they were gonna kill off Sara, that I am SOOOOOO happy that she is still alive and is only trapped under the car. I mean, sure that's still bad, but now I'm soooo much more optimistic about Sara living. I was spoiler-free, and I'm glad I missed all the "drama." What kind of scenes with Sara were filmed/going to be filmed or whatever?

I was starting to tear up from pretty early on, but then when Gris said that about Sara being the only person that he has ever loved, man I was practically sobbing. I love the way they did the reveal, because it does make it more ambiguous to the CSI's. Oh, and notice how Brass wasn't there? He totally already knew. I LOVED the "My Dear," and he actually said the closest thing to "I love you" yet, although Sara wasn't there. I can't remember, did he say my dear last time, or just dear? I'm actually glad that we didn't get some huge GSR scene in this episode, because then I would be much more pessimistic about Sara's fate.

OMG, it was so creepy when Natalie "stabbed" Gris! I totally believed it for a minute, and thought "Nooo, they can't kill Gris and Sara, WP is coming back next season!" Also, I admit that I was fooled by the fakeout with the CSI's breaking into the apartment.

Oh, and did anyone else think that Natalie looked like Sara? I thought she definitely resembled Sara, and the way that model shop guy described Natalie also reminded me of Sara. All in all, I actually found the episode kinda boring (I don't really care that much about Nat's background, except for why she killed all those people before targeting Sara), but it absolutely most definitely brought the emotion and it went by so fast. When the TBC came up, I was shocked that it was already the end. I can't WAIT for September!