Linkin Park

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yes, they are indeed still making music. Their new album should be out in early 2007.

You can also find the link to their new song 'Qwerty' which Reeble posted a little while ago. They're also going to start touring soon, and the link for which you can see that performance was recently held in Japan. :)

2. d_d_dynamite_csi

d_d_dynamite_csi Dead on Arrival

Thanks speed_cochrane !!!!!!!!!!U ROCK!!!!!!!:)

3. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Damn, the new song really rocks!!!!! :eek: I like it, even though it's kinda different. :)

I used to listen to Linkin Park. My favourite songs were "One Step Closer", "Papercut", "Figure.09" and "Points Of Authority", but I also liked "Cure For The Itch" and "Session". :D

4. Finch

You're very welcome d_d_dynamite_csi. :)

I have to admit, my favorite songs were all on Meteora. I hadn't the pleasure of hearing the songs from Hybrid Theory until my sister bought the album. But my favorite songs are 'Numb', 'Session', and 'Figure .09' I usually put Linkin Park songs in videos that I make.

I think the new album will be really great. That new song is so different from what they usually write, and with a heavier sound, it'll no doubt prove entertaining and great to listen to!

5. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

I used to skip all the instrumentals on their CDs, but just recently I've been listening to "Session" and 'Cure For The Itch" more and more. I always thought they were cool, but I usually prefered lyrics in a song. But now I absolutely adore "Session".

ETA: I really like the songs on Meteora, but most of my favourite ones were on Hybrid Theory. "A Place For My Head", "Forgotten", "Papercut", "With You", "In The End" are all my favourites, as well as "Don't Stay", "My December", "Faint" and "Numb". I'm sure there's more I just can't remember them. :lol: I love all their songs.

6. Finch

^ Here here. I find myself listening to their instrumentals more, when before I never would have. They're really very creative in they still hold true to the 'Linkin Park' sound. (Plus they're nice if you're a CSI fan. :p )

I suggest checking out their demos. There are some really great instrumentals, and also some remixes if you haven't already heard them. One of my favorites is 'Kyur4 Th Ich (Chairman Hahn)' remix. I used to know a site where you can sample their demos and remixes, but it's slipped my mind. (That of course is to all those who have never heard their demos and remixes. Most of the Linkin Park fans here probably have...But that would be assuming. :p )

7. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

I always liked the instrumentals with all its scratching... Yes Mr. Hahn is awesome. He's great!! :D

speed cochrane, you said something about their demos. :) I know that this page had some demos and old songs. Also the songs from "Hybrid Theory EP" with its six songs. I love "Carousal" and "Part Of Me", but "And One" is also good. :D
    And then there were the really old songs when the band was called something like "Xero": "Reading My Eyes" for example was nice.
    But the demos were really cool, for example "Esaul" which became "A Place For My Head" later. Or the demo of "In the End"... :D

8. Finch

That's actually the site I was referring to. :lol: Thanks for posting it FreakyLady. :)

And the older songs by 'Xero' is actually Mike Shinoda's band, back in 1996. :D

9. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

No problem speed cochrane, glad I could help :)

"Xero" was Mike's band??? Well... honestly I always thought that this was the a band found in 1996 by all members except Chaz. But hey... it doesn't matter... :lol:

10. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Bumping up baby!

Whoa! New album: Minutes to Midnight. Due for release: 15 May (not sure if the release date is the same elsewhere, I know 15th May is when we can get our hands on it here in the UK).

I'm so looking forward to it, it's been too long since the last ablum. *squee*

Hopefully a tour will follow the release. :D

11. Finch

Yay! Linkin Park thread has been bumped. Thanks Tink. :D

And I am very much looking forward to the new album. Last night I was listening to Kroq FM, from California and they had commercials for the new single that they're going to release sometime this week. (Some had thought it was last night they were going to play it but it didn't seem to happen) So it looks like that station will get it first. :)

And Tink, I've also heard that the release date is the 15th as well. :)

There were a few interviews with some of the band, and they have said that the new album veers closer to Classic Rock this time than anything. They're using Stratocasters instead of PRS guitars so it's going to be interesting to hear what kind of sounds they have this time. I'm looking forward to something a little different, lol.

12. thagangsta702

thagangsta702 Victim

Likin Park Suckz!!

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Please add more content to your post, and please, if you do not like the band at least give your reasons why. Also please introduce yourself to the board rules:

14. SpeedleCSIMiami

SpeedleCSIMiami CSI Level One

I have been a Linkin Park fan since the beginning and always will be and can't wait for the new album. I have been waiting for a longtime now.

15. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Great a new album finally. I fell in love with Linkin Park after hearing "In The End" and then listened to Meteora album. I think their songs are great. Funny you guys bump this thread as I was just going to to ask about any news of them releasing a new album. So great news.