Linkin Park

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

Anyone see the new video for "What I've Done"? I am absolutely in LOVE with the song.

What I've Done - Linkin Park.

Can't wait for the album. If they keep making songs like this and Qwerty, the album is going to be the best yet. May 15 doesn't seem that far away

2. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

i can't believe ive never seen this thread before. but i LOVE linkin park my fave band ever. i haven't seen the video yet but i heard the siong this morning for the 2st time. i love i can't wait for the new record, i can already tell its going to be fantastic.

3. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for the video link Reeble! Whoa! Chester looks hot. :eek:

I heard the new song yesterday at work, unfortunately I couldn't pay much attention to it as, like clockwork, all the phones started ringing. :lol: I remember thinking it didn't really sound like Linkin Park, but then again I can't expect them to keep on with the same style of music. I like the new song, it's really good, but I think I need to give it a few more listens. :D

Does anyone know the track listing for the new album? I read in one of the UK magazines that Mike said Qwerty is not going to appear on the album. Unfortunately I can't find the track listing to confirm this.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

My sister found me the track listing on lpassociation. :)

I'll post it here as well.

01. Wake
    02. Given Up
    03. Leave Out All The Rest
    04. Bleed It Out
    05. Shadow Of The Day
    06. What I've Done
    07. Hands Held High
    08. No More Sorrow
    09. Valentine's Day
    10. In Between
    11. In Pieces
    12. The Little Things Give You Away
    13. Secret ITunes Exclusive (Pre-Order Only)
    14. Secret ITunes Exclusive #2

Qwerty might be on the Itunes exclusive, but who knows. :D I'm really looking forward to this album though, and the video is amazing. :)

Also, here's a larger version of the new album cover while I'm here!

Linkin Park Album Cover

5. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

No problem! And yes, yes he does.

Thanks for that, speed! My friend told me that Qwerty was just an album teaser so it would make a bit of sense if it was the Itunes exclusive? Well, anyway, it looks like it's going to be an awesome album. I love their new sound and look.

And the album cover is pretty cool too. :D

6. Tinkerbell

Thank you for the track listing Geni, and also the album cover image. :D

I'm very much looking forward to it *squee* its been so long since Meteora. As for the new sound, it's pretty hard to judge without hearing the album in its entirety, but from what I've heard it seems more laid back, but again for all I know the rest album could be hard core metal. :lol:

I'm pleased that they do have a new sound, it shows that they are progressing as a band and since they've been working on the album for some time I would expect a totally fresh direction with the music. :)

7. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Whoa... I almost forgot this thread. :)

It's been a long time since the last "real" album.
    On Tuesday I saw the new video "What I've done" on MTV and I have to admit the first thing I thought was: "Hmm... it looks a little bit like "U2" I don't know why....
    When I listened to "QWERTY" I thought this is going to be an awesome album.
    And now I heard "What I've done" and it's definitely different. Even though I'm listening to it right now, I don't get used to it... No rap part from Mike and I didn't hear parts/scratching from the DJ.
    I don't know what I shall think about the new album. But nevertheless I'm really looking forward to "Minutes to Midnight". I also heard that there are 3 different versions of "Minutes to Midnight". One of them is supposed to have a "coffee table" book within. But I also heard that this version with the coffee table book is going to cost about 90$. :eek: Definitely too much, I think. Besides I couldn't find it on amazon.de So maybe that means that this special version is going be released in the USA only :confused:

8. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

I thought I could bring this thread up again :D

First of all sorry for the double post :)

So guys, "Minutes To Midnight", LP's new album, has been realased in the last days. I'd like to know what do you all think about their new album? (I know I'm curious ;))

9. Tinkerbell

Okay, so I brought the album yesterday. I spent the whole of yesterday and this morning listening to it and these are my thoughts. :)

I knew this album was going to a bit more laid back than the other 2 albums. When I first heard What I've Done I was a little surprised and I didn't think it was a strong song, but over the past few weeks the song has really grown on me. A few weeks ago I read the first review of the album in the Kerrang magazine and the magazine gave it 3 K's, which is not great. Since then all I've heard or read is that a lot of the fans are disappointed with it. Last time I looked on Amazon it had 3 stars, and a lot of 1 star reviews. :(

Anyway, when I put the album in to my CD player I was a little apprehensive, however on first listen I was pleasantly surprised. This album is definitely more of an easy listening album. Chester’s screams and Mike's rapping have totally died down and the album is pretty much sung all the way through. Having said that, there are two songs on the album that are a little more hard core than the rest of the album. Those are track 2: Given Up and track 8: No More Sorrow, they give the album a little push. For the rapping fans out there track 4: Bleed It Out brings out Mike for the verses and Chester for the very catchy chorus.

Overall, I really love the album, and the more I listen to it the more I like it. I know that a lot of fans are disappointed with the complete tone down of the album, but I'm not one of them. I think the new sound is great and I give it 10000000 stars! :lol:

10. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

First of all: I'm jealous of both of you and whoever else has Minutes to Midnight.

Tink, I also heard from alot of critics and such that their new album wasn't that good, but everyone I knew personally said it was great and from the few songs I've heard off the album, it sounds pretty good. I'm gonna take your word for it and check it out anyway. Next time I'm at the mall I'm definitely picking up a copy.

I think my favourite song that I've heard from the album (aside from "What I've Done") is probably "Bleed it Out". I just love Mike's verses and the chorus pumps me up. The steady beat it also really great. "No More Sorrow" is pretty good too.

I wish they would of added some more balence in terms of soft songs vs. harder songs. I know that there's some songs on the album which aren't completely cooled down but I always loved their hard stuff (ie: Hit the Floor, Faint, One Step Closer). Their more chill music is really great ("Session" totally gets me in the zone) but I guess I've always leaned more to their heavier songs. I can't really say much right now seeing as I haven't heard the whole album, but I hope they still kept their LP spice. :p

Like the "Vertigo" video, right? Me too! :lol: I always liked that video, heehee.

ETA: Lmao, wow the most ironic thing happened. I get home today and my older brother comes up to me and says, "Hey I heard you wanted this and I was at the mall so I got it for you" and he hands me Minutes to Midnight.

I love my brother.

New opinion? It's great. Chill, but great.

11. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet i might get it now!

12. Tinkerbell

Cool brother! :eek:

I really like that song. Mikes awesome and it's quite catchy. At the moment I can't stop listening to Hands Held High. It's probably the most laid back song on the album, but I think it's such a nice song.

I understand what you mean Reeble. I wished there were a few more harder songs on the album. It does seem like the harder songs have been thrown in to the album and the balance between the different styles are out of place slightly. I also wished we had another instrumental like Cure for the Itch or Session on the new album.

Oh well. I'm still playing the album to death and I still feel that even though the style has changed, it's an awesome album. :)

13. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Hey guys,

so after I got the album last Friday I went home and started listening to it from the beginning until the end. I knew Linkin Park already said that MTM is not going to be like "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora", but nevertheless I was kinda optimistic when I bought this album. But unfortunately I was really disappointed at first.
    So I decided to listen to this album again, so I get used to the new sound. And the more I listened to it, the more I liked it.

So the first song is ”Wake” if it counts as a real song. I really love that one, because you can hear how it grows. Really one of my favourites. :D

The second song is ”Given Up”, one of the heavier or harder songs (I don’t know how to say in English :)) It begins with this clapping and then all the instruments follow. I love Chester’s screaming.

”Leave Out All The Rest” is the third song on MTM. It starts really gentle and has a nice melody. It’s one of the calmer songs and I really like it.

Next one would be ”Bleed It Out”. One word could describe it: Awesome!!!!! This song belongs to my favourites. I like Mike’s rapping and Chester singing the chorus. The song is great for listening when you’re driving in your car. (IMO) I love to hear it in the car really loud.

”Shadow Of The Day” is again one of the calmer songs. I don’t know if I like that song. Maybe I have to listen to it more often.

The sixth song is ”What I’ve Done”. This is also one of my favourites. At first when LP released it as a single I didn’t like it, but now it really rocks. Yay ;)

Next song is ”Hands Held High”: It’s again a calm and quiet song. I really like Mike rapping, but somehow I don’t like this song. Also this “Amen” in the background in the middle of the song: I don’t know, but I think it doesn’t fit in there. Besides the song doesn’t change, I mean it sounds the same the whole time. :(

Track 8 is ”No More Sorrow: This track is awesome. Definitely one of my favourites. Chester is screaming in the chorus and also the beginning is great. It starts quiet, but then it gets louder. I love it!!

Next one is ”Valentine’s Day”: Nice song, I think. My favourite part is when Chester starts with “On a Valentine’s day…”

Tenth song is ”In Between”: Mike is singing the whole song. Even though I like the fact that Mike is singing, I think this song is strange. It’s so slow and like “Hands Held High” the song stays how it is. There no change and so it sounds a little bit boring. (It’s a little bit difficult to explain it in English :))

Next song is ”In Pieces”. I don’t like the first half of the song. But it gets better when the guitar solo starts. :)

The last song is ”The Little Things Give You Away” and it’s also the longest one. The chorus is amazing and it’s even a song to relax (at least for me :D)

So, all in all it’s a really good album, and I love to listen to most of the most of the songs, but it’s not the best one (I’m sorry) :(. One thing I really miss is the scratching and all the DJ-Stuff by Mr. Hahn. I think there are hardly any scratching parts. What do you think? :confused:

I know a lot of people don’t like MTM. But let me tell you, when you’re listening to it, don’t think at first about the fact that Linkin Park did this and don’t think about the music they did in the past. At least I did a little bit in this way. :cool:

@Reeble I love both instrumental songs (“Session” and “Cure For The Itch”). They’re awesome :eek: I’d like to have more of these songs. ;)

I hope this is enough for the first. I need a break now. And don't forget it's only my opinion ;)

14. Tinkerbell

Okay, I'm totally obsessed with The Little Things Give You Away! I can't stop listening to it. :lol:

Man, I'm lovin' this album the more I listen to it. It's been in my CD player for over a week now and I'm not bored. :p

15. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Yeah, I saw it in the "Tast Ten Songs You Listened To" thread, that you're listening to it very often. :D I think it's really a good song. But there are other songs that I prefer, for example, "Bleed It Out" is a song which I absolutely love.