Let's Talk Gay

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MiaCharlize, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Owe I hurt my finger...but back on topic!!

It was actually so weird, because when I was younger I thought I'd be the last person to turn out a lesbian...but well, I was wrong :p

And when I first knew I was gay, I said I was bi, because I scared really, but after I dated Allie for a couple months I came to the conclusion that I was gay.

2. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

That's a very cute view you have of the world. Sadly (as far as my experience reaches) a lot of girls are far worse than guys when it comes to accepting someone for the way they look or act.

Not "loserish" at all. I think it's great that you're confident and strong enough to feel that way. No matter who/what you are or will be, it's always good to stand up and be proud of it. The fact that there are famous people whose words and actions make you feel more secure about it shows once more how important it is for young people to have such role-models.
    Brings us back to the topic of celebrities coming out... evidently it does matter after all.

3. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

I read teh best response to a homophobic comment on a YouTube vid. When someone says "god hates fags" etc say "god hates bigots too." I really want someone to say that to me just so I can say that. I'm strange I know.

omg celebrities. Lance Bass: IM GAY. I'm just wondering, where is my magazine cover? :p

4. ebonymist

ebonymist Police Officer

It surprised, in way (and yet it really didn't at the same time), to find that out. I think it just shocked me that he would be so open about it, I guess.

I'm not actually gay, I'm straight, but I'm a total supporter of gay rights. My family hates gay people, so I'm can't really talk to them about it, because they'll just give me that look.... you know, the one where it means 'I don't want to talk about this, let's change the subject, you need to change your views to fit ours' ? Anyone else get that look?

My best friend, though, is lesbian. What bugs me is that when we were in high school, everybody knew she about and they automatically assumed that because she and I were always together that I was a lesbian as well. Like I said, I don't have a problem with gay people (I'm all for gay marriage! I wish they'd made it legal where I live, but alas... bigots abound!), but they wouldn't listen to me when I told them I'm straight. They were just like 'No, you hang out with her, so you must be gay!'

Sorry about that little rant...Please, ignore me and continue with the discussion. :D

5. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I was talking to someone the other day, and she was like "are you a lesbo?" and I was like "Yeah, I'm gay" then she's like "how can you be a gay if your a girl" and I was like "you can use the terms for girls you know!" But...umm, that has nothing to do with anything :p

Anyways, I can't really tell if my dad is homophobic or not. Like when I talk about it, he doesn't say anything weird, but he like sometimes says something like "fag" or something when he's mad. So I can never really tell.

Haha, I was on another fourm I go on (for South Of Nowhere) and someones signature was "If homosexuality is a disease, lets call in queer to work: "Hello, can't work today, still queer." It made me start laughing SO hard...anyways, that was random :p

6. Laetri

Laetri CSI Level One

[​IMG]

^ got that off my friend's myspace. I love that to death.

7. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

^^^ :lol: Oh my god that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

And CatherineWillows, I can't ever really tell either. One of my cousins (my homophobic/racist/sexist one :rolleyes:) thinks homosexuality is a trend and it needs to stop. I asked him one day, "What would you do if one of us turned out to be gay? What if I was gay?" and he said, "I'd be like, 'Noooooooo!'. I think he was joking but sometimes I wonder.. :lol: :p

And like _Calleigh_ (I see you, CDC ;)), my dad's family is Catholic. I have never against Catholocism but my aunt (his sister) is always making these horrendous gay jokes and saying things like, "My boys grew up listening to showtunes; it's a wonder they're not gay." She once told me my Birkenstocks were too lesbianish for her.

8. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

*feels observed* :lol:

I could tell anyone but my family, they really wouldn't understand. My gran is always all happy and proud when me and my twin cousins show up with our boyfriends... If I ever happened to break up with my bf (and I hope it won't happen), I may end up knocking at her door and say "Hi gran, this is my girlfreind!", and that would cause her an heart attack. Then my father would disinherit me and my mom would burst into tears whining about what she's done wrong to deserve a punishment like me and stuff... I would really love to be honest to them, but I can't. :rolleyes:
    I still think it'd be a good lesson for them to learn about my bisexuality, though. A trip on Earth can be very healthy, every now and then.

9. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Awww that's horrible, i mean if you are happy with a girl, why they can't just be happy for you and just let you live your life?

On the other hand, you don't really have to tell them, i mean your sexuality is a part of your secret garden, you don't have to present them every person you go out with.
    I think you should just follow your heart and they won't judge you cause you really don't deserve that.

10. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

It's so hard to hide your sexuality at times, you just wanna be like "me and my girlfriend are going out to dinner" but you can't if they don't know :lol: So I'm always finding myself saying things in my head before I say them outloud :p

Okay, so these mormon missonaries came over to talk to my roommate (who's mormon) and then they started talking about how homosexuality is wrong, and I spent like over half of an hour arguing with them :lol: I think I won, because they gave up and left :p

11. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

I feel missed :D I'm here.. lurking now and again. Always coming in here though.. see how all the lassies and few guys are coping with their preferences in sexuality :p

Busy teaching, and it's also where things happen. I got yelled at by kids about my preference for girls :rolleyes: They're like 12 and 13 year-olds.. *sigh* But it got really annoying.. I mean my own pupils calling me things. Weird thing is is that I just never expected it to happen, they're the kindest and coolest kids and they yell at me in the hallway.. I think it's to prentend to be tough in front of their friends. But anyway, I went to the headmaster and told him my problem. And OMG!! He was so friggin' cool! I have the coolest and hippest 60-year-old boss ever!! He told me that his daughter is married to a woman and that they have a son, so he could totally understand how I must feel and if the pupils won't accept me then in his opinion the pupils won't accept his daughter. So after a nice talk we got someone else in and after a week he went to all the classes where this yelling occured and he told them that yes, MS X is a lesbian.. and if there are any problems they could go and see the headmaster and they're parents will be called and will be told that they are not longer present at the school :eek: WOW It worked.. never heard a flippin' thing. And the kids are all cool.. never spoke a word of it again :D

12. wibble

wibble Corpse

Wow Jayne, I'm so glad your boss was so supportive and that it's now sorted it out :) no more kids yelling dumb things at you! Also glad to see you back here at the board *hugs* :D

13. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Jeez, that is so cool Jayne! I'm really so happy for you!
    The very first cute thing I was told about my "deviated sexuality" (aren't shrinks funny sometimes? :rolleyes) was by my best friend. I remember we were at the mall and I saw this pretty girl and said playfully "I could date her" and my friend commented: "If you ever decided to become a lesbian, I'd be glad, so you'd stop stealing guys from me."
    She's such a dorkie, but I love her. :lol:
    Unluckily for her, I like both guys and dolls, so... :lol:

14. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Ok, first of all: I've become a lurker here and sissi was worried because I didn't post here anymore :lol:. Isn't she sweet?

Jayney, I'm happy for you, because you have such a cool boss. Stupid kiddo's. I kind of know what you mean. There are lotsof guys at my school who are just like the kids at yours.. *slaps kiddo's*

If you want to come out to the world, then do it. Don't be afraid what people say. Just be yourself. But if you don't want to come out to the world, then just don't do it.

15. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Not all kids are like that. At my school (I work with kids the age of 6-11) they are really open. They probably don't understand the matter of homosexuality and I never attemted to tell them or try to explain it but two days ago I had a really interesting encounter with a couple 2nd graders.

One of the girls, 8 years old, came to me and said "I love you"
    Then another one, 9 I think, told her "You two should get married."
    It was sweet in a way...none of the other children found anything controversial or odd about that suggestion. (Except for one that boy who called her teacher's pet)

Anyways...so far nobody commented negatively. Not that I have it written on my forehead but I think I'm kinda obvious in the way I stare at one of the teachers :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.