Let's Talk Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, I dont really talk to many people, I have my friends but they all dont know.
They actually suspect a friend of ours to be gay, and they tease her, so what would it be like if I actually told them?
Thankfully im getting away from them when I go uni, and hopefully ill start fresh and just be open with people. :)

I had a got-drunk-and-kissed-best-friends moment. Both of them thought they were bi but as far as I know only one still thinks that. It hasn't really been brought up since and I don't tell people my sexuality unless they ask. But most people don't ask.

Argh, I bet thats an awkward situation. Especially the next day.
When I got drunk I openly told people I was a lesbian and was shouting it to everyone. I don't remember it, but all my friends said I joke around too much for them to believe me, im actually quiet glad as I wasnt really ready to tell people about my sexuality at the time. :lol:

Well, I still think it is marriage.

AH! My computers being such a piece of crap. But back on topic: When I drink I don't usually scream "Hello I am gay" although many people think I would :lol: I just talk about random things and slur and mumble my words (I call it the language of Levon) or I scream "that girls hot!" and people figure it out from there :lol:

Argh, I bet thats an awkward situation. Especially the next day.

It wasn't too bad actually because we just decided to forget it and move on. It might have been awkward if I was attracted to one of them. (That's happened to me too but with a different girl...)

Basically, I should stop drinking :lol:

Yea, sounds like stopping drinking is the best thing to do. :p
I am always wary now, after that incident when I was drunk. Especially as I find a girl who I am close to very attractive. I dont want to ruin out relationship by doing something stupid when im drunk and I wont remember it.

Drinking is just evil, especially if you have many secrets! :devil:

I've never been like proper drunk. :rolleyes: Rather tipsy: yes, but nothing more. I don't really go out much. :lol:

I found this brilliant youtube video. Here I think it's PG13, it hasn't been flagged or anything. It's John Corvino giving a lecture. 'What's Morally Wrong With Homosexuality?' He's made some brilliant points. :D

Hi, guys, it's been a long time since I've been here!

Don't hate me for this. I am simply sharing an opinion. I am all for some sort of recognized union between same-sex couples, but I am honestly firmly against calling it marriage. I don't know whether that's because of my upbringing or what. I do honestly believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. Do I think that same-sex couples should have legal rights similar to or the same as those of marriage? Absolutely! And you may all think I'm nuts for getting hung up on something like what it's called, but I am. That's just my opinion. My HUMBLE opinion. Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player.

Of course we will not shoot you 4ENSIX. :lol:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and you bring up some very good points. :D

I personally dont mind what they call it, if people dont want to call it marriage, then it's no problem for me. :)

I would not shoot Chloe (4ENSIX) Nope, never ever ever.

Yes, you do have some good points, and you stated your opinion, which we are all entitled too. You didn't do it rudley either, it wasn't "You are all morons! It's not marriages" see, if it were like that...I would not be too happy :lol:

I still call it marriage, but I was always brought up with "marriage is when two people who love eachother decide to make it legal" so I've just always looked at it like marriage. Our family has a lot of close gay friends, so I think that's why my family always called marriage even when you are gay. But if someone wants to call it something else, I don't care...to me, to be honest...it's a word :lol:

Do any of you guy's want children?

From a very early age I wanted children, and still do. But if I am eventually going to be with a women then I have no idea what I will do, I dont want to just get pregnant from a guy I dont know..
I want the little family, but I also would rather be with a woman.
I don't know about adoption. I'd like a child of my own before I adopt.
Does anyone else want children?

Although, next Monday I am going to Romania for ten days to work with children in an orphanage, perhaps I will have a different opinion when I come back, about adopting.

I've known since I was 12 that I wanted to have children and I think I was about 14 when I made up my mind about not wanting to give birth and be pregnant. So basically I've decided 6 years ago that one day I would get married to a woman and adopt children.

Then again, I find pregnant women so very fascinating that I'd love to have a pregnant wife, so if she was willing to go for it I'd also do the artificial insemination thingie with her, just as long as the kids don't have my genes I'm open for different options. The difficult thing is, I woudln't really want a donor that I personally know, then again, I don't want unpleasant surprises about the outcome, if I have no idea who the father is... I'm very unsure about that whole issue, I don't think it's the right option for me, although, as I said, I've always wanted kids, no matter what (or how).

But then again I've played with the idea of adopting a child since I was young, so I guess that's what I'm going to do eventually, provided it will be legal one day where I live. (And of course, if me and my wife can afford it, adoption is quite an expensive decision)

I think adoption is a bit complicated, too.
There is a new law that the parents are able to keep in contact with their child, even though they have been adopted.
I know alot of people have stopped adopting because of that.
The parent is able to come around and interfer and visit the child. It would just make it too complicated for me.

But, I am young, my mind might change as I get older. Who knows?
I found it very difficult to accept the fact I was gay, only because I know that if I wanted to be happy, I wouldnt be able to have a husband and children.

Alien, where are you from? I've never heard of that law. Usually it's more than complicated for a child to find out who its parents are because the authorities don't give out that kind of information, for the sake of both sides. At least until your of legal age.

The other option of course would be having foster kids, in that case you usually know where the children come from. Then again, that means you aren't a full parent and the kid can be taken away from you after a while, maybe even get sent back to the biological parents.

If not for that option I'd also like being a foster parent, especially for gay people this is a lot easier than adopting. (At least in Germany it is) Child services often give out foster kids to gay couples ('cause most straight people prefer adoption probably, which gay people would too if it wasn't that close to impossible) I've read articles about how they think "diverse lifestyles" and the "more tolerant views" are helpful in the upbringing of difficult children.
(And well, who are gay couples to complain, it's better than nothing, right?)

I think it's a little sad though, that fostering is such an unpopular thing, it's important and should be supported more (financially) and foster parents should be given more security. I woulnd't want to life with the constant fear that tomorrow the fresh-out-of-rehab mom comes around and wants her baby back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back