Let's Talk about the Weather - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody here experience extreme temperatures when you're supposedly living in a "temperate" climate? Here in Québec during last winter, the mercury went to -53 with the wind factor, and we experience 40+ Celsius in the summer... "Temperate" my a**! We're always b***ing that it's too hot or too cold... :lol:

Too bloody hot, that's what it is here! I haven't seen any clouds in days, honestly, and the air is getting very stuffy - it needs to rain!!! The most annoying thing is that when it gets to 32c schools are supposed to send us home, but no, my school has to decide to send us home after 10:30am when it is then too late for them to be allowed - totally confuses me those couple of rules, they contradict each other!

God ! it's 20:3O and still 36°c in Paris ! I want rain, I want rain ... :( GGgirl, I experimented the Québec's "temperate" climate :eek: :lol:

If anyone in the U.K. wants to climb into their nearest supermarkets' fridges or freezers, don't bother. They can't cope with the heat either and just overheat and shut down. Got no dairy and meat fridges at my workplace today. They went down at 4 this afternoon causing chaos. Deli counters broke down yesterday for the same reason. All very entertaining but we all get no relief.

89 deg. F. Yucky. It really isn't that bad outside but I want to put up diffrent pictures around my bed and ceiling and it is a really high loft bed on the top story so it is very unpleasant.

nessy said:
I'm sweating here. It's far too hot here in Bedford and everything is sticking to me, clothes, chairs, hair. Horrible. This is the only time that I love my job- I work in a supermarket with easy access to large fridges and freezers. Just make an excuse and sit in them for a while. But alas tomorrow being a hot day, I'm going to be roasting as I'm on the hot deli all day cooking chickens.

You live in Bedford? I live like a couple of miles away from there!

Today wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I drank LOADS of water before I went to school and I was fine throughout the 36c temperatures.

Annika said:
Is there a nice, cool place in Europe (20-25°C )? I'd like to come on a visit . My room temperature reached 28° C last night

Finland tomorrow between +20 (south coast) to +13 (Lapland) :D

This weekend it's supposed to be 95 degrees. For Western Washington, that is REALLY HOT, and the humidity here makes it worse. The best thing is to get in the water and stay there :)
We are going for record temperatures this upcoming weekend

So hot in the night...managed to get about 5 hours sleep. I think it's going to be about 28 Celsius today, though it's 5.40 a.m. here now and 19 Celsius already!

Couldn't sleep because of heat (well and drunk puking guy outside), so I think I slept for about 3 or 4 hours.. will catch some sleep later on today perhaps.

Have just opened the window in the other room and it's so nice to feel some cold wind circulating the room :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back