Let's Talk about the Weather - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
wibble said:
JayneEmilysRealm said:
Last evening was pretty good, had cooled down to a 'normal' temperature that I could actually go outside without sweating my arse off :)

Unfortunately, last night was sticky like that - sweating all the time. Though I managed to get some sleep eventually. Hmm, it's just gone 6 a.m. here and almost 20 Celsius.
Well yeah, sticky night here too, it was actually that I slept in the other bedroom last night, because my room was just.. well, let's say, when you entered the clothing would spontaneously slip off your body because of the sweat you'd instantly produce :rolleyes:

oh fantastic... another beautiful sunny day... *sigh* at least it rained last week... it wasnt exactly cold today, although around lunch time there were some nasty cold breezes around...

Some things in the news today:

Britain is preparing for the hottest day of the year with temperatures forecast to reach 36C (96.8F). It is set to be the hottest July day since 1911, when temperatures reached 36C (97F) in Epsom, Surrey.

British temperatures this week have topped such holiday destinations as Athens, Bermuda, Rio de Janeiro and Rome.

Roads have been melting in parts of England as the heatwave across most of the country continues.

Gritting lorries have been sent out to spread crushed rock dust on melting tar to create non-stick road surfaces.

Much of England has reached official heatwave conditions, according to the Met Office, with London, the South East, the South West, the East Midlands and the West Midlands all experiencing a heatwave.

Even the region least affected by hot temperatures so far - the North East - has an 80% chance of reaching heatwave conditions by Friday.

All from BBC.co.uk

And some schools are closing for either half a day or a whole day because classrooms are too hot.

Wow, never known the heat so severe before! People are talking about frying eggs on the bonnets of their cars and stuff :lol:

well, it didn't rain, but it was freezing today! there was no sun at all. Actually it did start to sprinkle when I was walking home from the bus stop, so it might rain tomorrow :D

wibble said:
Wow, never known the heat so severe before! People are talking about frying eggs on the bonnets of their cars and stuff :lol:

nawww, poor wibble ... i guess the british arent used to such heat... never go to australia during the summer or you'll experience many days of unbearable heat reaching 36c... man i hate australia sometimes!

oh, I definately agree with that. Summer here is horrible most of the time. Sometimes it gets higher than 36c though...like Christmas last year...now THAT was unbearable..

but on the bright side, it is supposed to rain all weekend, which is good, except my softball Semi-finals wil probably be cancelled...

drkate said:
wibble said:

nawww, poor wibble ... i guess the british arent used to such heat... never go to australia during the summer or you'll experience many days of unbearable heat reaching 36c... man i hate australia sometimes!

But you're adapted to the heat. It takes a year for a person to be totally adapted to their conditions (apart from the british condition :p ) so dont be calling british weak! We're just...not very adaptable. :lol: Dont worry...I was planning to avoid Australia anyway, especially with their huge spiders there. :p

Another hot day! Going to town before 12am so it wont be so hot for me...it'll be my first time to go to town before 12am for years. :lol:

Oh those poor countries where kids have to be at school in summertime. WE are schoolfree from June to mid August. :D

Alrighty, +14c and winds from north. I was looking for my woollyhat but mom said it was too much :rolleyes:
I remember one June or July when I actually wore extra pants and woolly hat because it was +7 or something.

that sounds like over here, we're schoolfree in summer too, except our summer is the other end of the year. Our break is from mid-December to early February :D

and kazzy, don't insult our spiders! *thinks about all the times big spiders have crawled into her room at night* Ok, fair enough, I take it back. Insult away. :lol:

Is there a nice, cool place in Europe (20-25°C )? I'd like to come on a visit . My room temperature reached 28° C last night

I think the nearest cool place to me at the moment is an island off the coast of Scotland called Lerwick. Temperature is around 15 Celsius there at the moment, and fog too apparently. :)

ETA: Wait, what am I talking about? The nearest coolest place to me is my fridge! *runs to hide in fridge*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back