Lets rp... LV style

(its ok... i forgive you! :p)

Nick walked out the door and got in the car as Cath began to drive to the crime scene. The car ride there was pretty much scilent until Nick spoke up. "who's gonna tell her that her mom has passed on?" he asked

((Sorry this took so long, away for the weekend...))

Grissom held up a finger as Nick pleaded to talk, watching Olivia to make sure she wasn't going to start crying again. Catherine came in, and he looked at her as if trying to say 'Get out, I'm busy.' when she came over and stood in front of them. "Hi, i'm Catherine - do you mind if i talk to you too?" Olivia nodded and moved over as Catherine gently fired questions to her about the playground homicide him and Sara did a few months ago. The whole scene jumped to life again in his eyes as she described how she saw him and Sara coming up the sidewalk, how he caught Sara when she was knocked over, and how they tried hard as they could to catch the man fleeing to no avail. A minute later, Catherine left and watched Olivia silently for a minute. Realizing that Nick wanted to talk to Grissom so importantly, he turned to Olivia and smiled.

"Umm, Olivia, do you mind if I make a call real fast to Nick? He needed to talk to me about something and I won't leave, I'll stay right here." On cue, he took his cell phone from his pocket and showed her as he opened it, ready to dial Nick's cell.

"Nick, it's Grissom. Sorry about not talking to you. I was...a little tied up." He flashed a smile over to Olivia, trying to lighten the mood. "So what did you find out? What did you need to tell me?" Looking to Olivia, he sighed and shook his head. "Olivia, it seems I need to just step outside the office for one second. I'll be right at the door and from where you are you'll be able to see me, alright? Sorry about this." He got up from the couch and opened the door, giving a small smile at the girl as he closed the door behind him.

"oh ya! i was gonna say..." he looked at Sara and rememberd she wanted to tell the girl, but then decided that gill should have done it. "we sent over two police officers to check out the house before we got there, and when they got back to us, we found out that olivia's mother had died, but her aunt is just wounded. Badly, but alive" he said.

Grissom sighed and ran a hand through his hair, frustrated. "What hospital is the aunt at and how badly do you mean badly? We're going to need to find out where the girl's going to stay while her aunt is in the hospital. We need to suspect that possibly, if she hadn't gotten out of the house, the girl would be dead too." He sighed again, head hanging down in thought.

"Who's going to tell her? I mean, should I tell her since she's here right now?" His voice was softer, truly feeling for the girl even if he didn't know what it felt like. "If I tell her she's going to have to tag along with me all day, she's going to feel attached. As long as we don't have a busy day and we can cover the scenes thrown at us, I won't have to ditch her with Wendy or Archie or Hodges. Nick, Cath was asking her about the playground homicide a few months back. Do you think that's the only way she knows me? I mean, she seems pretty comfortable around me and she ran into my office, it has my name on it. And it's in the middle of the labs, not like it's near an exterior door. Wouldn't a scared girl look for the nearest adult to ask for help for their dying mother?" He shook his head in thought, waiting for help on the other end.

Nick shook his head. "i know what you mean, and i think that she knows you some other way too." he thought for a second. "should we be doing a DNA comparison to you and her? she might be related to you some how!" he said. "then you kinda have to let he follow you around... wouldnt taht be somthing" he said smiling.

Catherine hearing Nicks conversation swerved on the road slightly after hearing that Grissom should have a DNA test almost hitting a trash can turned over on the street. She then pulled up outside the girls house. "What a dump" she said looking back at Sara and Nick still on the phone to Grissom.

Nick's practicly popped out of his head. "whoa! what's gotten into you cath?" he asked. After a moment, he got back to his and Gill's conversation. "ya, im here" he said looking at cathrine.

Grissom took the phone away and looked at it crazily, and then to Olivia sitting quietly and still in his office, and back to the phone at the thought of DNA testing. Next thing, the sound of squealing tires and swerving, Sara and Nick yelling his face took an alarmed tone. "Ya, I'm here."

"Are you all right? What happened?! I mean, the DNA is possible, I guess I could just do it to do it. Are you at the house yet, and I still need to know if I'm breaking the news and where the aunt is." He paced back and forth, trying to settle the thought of being related to this small girl he didn't even know.

"im fine, Cath just had a spaz for a sec, and we ALMOST DIED!" he said smileing. "im kidding gill," he said. "we jsut pulled into the parkign lot, adn yeah, it would be proper if you told her instead of me, sara, cath or anyone else." he waited for a reply

Back