Laurence/Raymond: Man of Mystery

We watched "What's Love Got To Do With It" last night the un-cut version, from 1995. He's a force to be reckoned with:eek: He plays the brutal Ike Turner, and besides the powerful acting he also sings, dances and plays the guitar. Can any fan of his see Ray doing these different talents on CSI? His range of acting is overwhelming. He was nonimated for an Oscar for his portrayal of this character [Tom Hanks won for "Philadelphia"] but Angela Bassett won an Oscar for her role playing the fabulous Tina Turner. When he was a guest on 'The View" Barbara Walters, aksed him which was harder for him "doing the gory/gruesome scenes on CSI, or doing this abusive brute Ike Turner" he replied That doing Ike Turner was harder, "because I'm not a violent person" thus the powerful acting chops he has imbeded within his whole being~

3523979059995c766a1b.jpg

:eek:OMG, I've seen this movie when I was a kid. Back then I used to think he was a really cool actor but now...everything he does just proves that people get better with age.

I'm superly excited for Contagion. I absolutely adore Kate Winslet, Jude Law is like butter on toast for me, and Matt Damon is a really good actor as well. I'm amazed that LF was able to handle doing both Langie for CSI, Contagion, Predators, and his one-man play. I hope he doesn't get worn out.

What a great actor Laurence Fishburn is!!!CSI fans are very lucky seeing him in a weekly basis.His acting on the show is excellent and I hope he keeps up the good work evolving his character further!!

What a great actor Laurence Fishburn is!!!CSI fans are very lucky seeing him in a weekly basis.His acting on the show is excellent and I hope he keeps up the good work evolving his character further!!

pompom.gif
welcome to this thread Grissom_rules nice to see that you also appreciate this fabulous actor/man. He's doing a exceptional job on CSI, and we're all so glad he's on this great show:bolian:

Here's some other photos of him in "Akeelah And The Bee", where he's a low key mellow, soft spoken teacher/mentor to this talented girl who has a natural affinity for spelling and how he helps her. Another different part for him and how he pulls if off as always.. A very "inspirational uplifiting film"

TEACHING HER WORDS

HIM WATCHING HER LEARN

Details about this movie~

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437800/

Last edited:
It's nice to see even a hard core Grissom fan likes Raymond. Welcome to the thread Grissom Rules :)

P.S: Desertwind, I loved Akeelah And The Bee. It is one of my favorite movies :)

I finally saw all the episodes of season 10. Laurence Fishburne did a great job especially in "Irradiator" and "Doctor Who".
I'm increasingly impressed with his talent!!!

My favorite Langston moment of the season was in Field Mice when he was acting like Hodges!That was a hilarious scene!:rommie:

My favorite Langston moment of the season was in Field Mice when he was acting like Hodges!That was a hilarious scene!:rommie:

:lol:THANKS for bringing this ep. up. it was hilarious, and once again his overwhemlming acting chops. And city hunter those were two of my favs. too~And, this is the BIGGEST news for him that I can ever think of. President Obama and First Lady Michelle went to see him in Washington in this one man play. And all performances are sold out. He did mention this on Craig Ferguson and said " I hope Pres. Obama comes to see me" and he did. How can any thing in his career top this? Very impressive:eek: I wonder if he knew the Pres. was in the audience and if it made him nervous?

LINK

CLICK BELOW TO CAPITAL CULTURE~

Last edited:
We watched "19 Down" when Dr. Langston was first introduced. "Hi, I'm Dr. Raymond Langston in his low seductive voice, and he was as cool as a cucumber, and then some. The way Grissom wormed his way into the class, pretending to be a professor, and how Ray got snippy with him and Brass goes "He's a little testy for a professor isn't he"?:lol: Grissom defended him. But it was so awesome to see him from way back in 2009. And so it goes as we go into S/11, and his expertise getting better and better:bolian:

SO SERIOUS

Back