Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Results Now Up!

Re: Last Photographer Standing #2

Oh good grief! Every single one of these photos is gorgeous :eek: How am I supposed to choose?

LPS:
12 - Scratches and such detract from the image.
03 - I'm not quite sure how to word this one... The sun is too bright, almost. You can't really see that it's there. It looks a bit like there's just the sky, and then a reflection off the building.
05 - Pretty picture! But it seems unfocused.

All:

#03 - The image of the flag appears to be the main subject of the image, not the sunshine. Maybe lifting the lens of your camera up more, so the sunshine was emphasized

#12 - The glass was scratched. That detracted from the image. Otherwise, its a great image.

#14 - The solar flare in the bottom right corner detracts from the image. Honestly, I'm not sure how to fix this. I had the same problem with several of the images I took too.

Now for my overall votes:

I'm going to give this a shot, although I'm not really qualified to critque anyone else's photos

#3 I like this pic, but it doesn't really fit the theme of sunshines. This seems to only be the reflection of sunshine

#12 I'm not sure if this is dirt, scratches or noise. Either way it's distracting and lessens the effect of the sunshine

#10 this would be a wonderful pic for a cloud theme, but not for sunshine

overall:

_Hush_ said:
Hey Bonataylor, #15 is not in the LPS competition, so you might wanna change your vote ;)

Ah! No, now I did them same mistake as I corrected last round. Stupid me... Thanks for telling _hush_.

So I edited my original post. :)

Bev said:

#14 - The solar flare in the bottom right corner detracts from the image. Honestly, I'm not sure how to fix this. I had the same problem with several of the images I took too.

Lens flares are coming into the pic when the light hits the lense directly . If photographing the sun directly, take your hand and try to get some light away outside of the pic. You can hold up your hand about one -2 feet away above from the cam and looking at the same time through the seeker. Most times, the lens flare won't completely go away (that's just because you are directly holding the lense into the source of light!), but you can reduce them. As well, there are those whatevertherenameisthings that you can put on top of your objective. It looks a bit like some black tube that has the shape of a flower on top. Hard to describe. Those you get for about 40 bucks for SLR cams. If you don't have an SLR cam, then you just have to stick to the hand. You can take also a magazine or a book or whatever. Just make sure you don't end up with it in your pic. Some training and you got the drill. ;)

Hope that helps.

LPS:
12-The lens is not clear/clean. The sun is out of focus and blurry.
3-The sun does not seem to be the main focus of the photo. I see more building and flag.
14-The solar glare is too distracting. And the sun should more be the centered focus.

All:

3 - I like the concept, but there is too much building and other distractions.

12 - Excellent concept, but either the lens or the cler object wasn't clear enough.

1o - It's hard to tell where the sun is with all the clouds. Nice thought though.

Thanks bonataylor...It really is hard to tell the difference...perhaps there is a better way that they can be arranged next time.

Overall:

Hey wolfesgamergirl, I got lost in this as well... 16 is not in the LPS. You might wanna adjust accordingly. :)

LPS:

3. Gorgeous picture, but I don't think it encapsulated the sun well enough - I was too focused on the building and the flag (which were both great btw)

14. A bit too much of a glare. Someone cool has posted a fixit above :D

12. I got distracted by the scratches on the glass instead of the picture. Sorry.

Best overall:

Great work everyone :D

Cool! Nice work guys. Correcting each other and helping each other! You all make me very happy :D

I'll look into the way I arrange the LPS and the None LPS photos. See if it can be a little more clear to ya'll next time. No promises and all!

For the ones bored... You can already go out and make that abstract photo work and send it in!

BlueCurl, very sweet of you, indeed, though I think that we vote "wrong" isn't about you and the arrangement. It is that you (at least me) open all pics at the same time in new tabs so you compare. You open the Non LPS as well cause you're so noisy. Then you start to vote and you forgot that there are Non LPS. That is what happens when SOOOO much great pictures have been entered. :D

Just an amateur (really amateur) photographer here but here goes

LPS

12- Fuzzy, looks like it is taken through a window with scratches
14- Lens flare in the right corner, if that were not there it would be much better
3- Good picture, I like it but, the picture is more abut the building and the flag than the sun.

Best

Drumchik said:

Did anyone take into account that perhaps this was the look they were going for?

Ok not really sure what I am doing! I love photography but I am by no means an expert!
LPS
12 - very scratchy
3 - building is too much of the focus
6 - just seems too bright

Best overall
14 (i like this lens flare it looks unique)

I love sunshine pics and this is hard yet again.

LPS:
3--focus was on building not sun.
12--Blurry, looks like you got the focus on the glass.
6--too bright

All:

wolfesgamergirl said:
Drumchik said:

Did anyone take into account that perhaps this was the look they were going for?

Yeah, I was wondering as well. I think it was supposed to be an effect and I am much of a fan of lense flares, but it must fit the pic.

Anyways... generally I think that is the difficulty on photography. You like a pic or you don't. It isn't necessarily about the skills. See pic 5. It got voted for worst and for best. Same there. Polarising with pictures is kinda typical for this kinda art.

If we would vote for like the best pic on a photographic level, then about 2/3 of all participants would not go into that challenge at all, cause they don't feel like being able to compete. So, now we are judging basically on the guts and then it is getting subjective. I don't mind though. All challenges around here go this way. :)

Back