Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Results Now Up!

Re: Last Photographer Standing #2

Just 2 days left and the fact that the board might be unavailable/down on sunday.

just sent my photo in....can't wait to see the new set of pictures from everyone...good luck all

Lol, first challenge and I'm out already. It was a bad picture, yes!! But I'll continue participating in the 'regular competitions'. With my new SLR camera (money does make you happy)!

Good luck to the remaining contestants.

I still need to have 6 LPS photos: that_girl1, SpeedleCSIMiami, LivingEnd, Drumchick, BonaTaylor and Andriena! You still have until Sunday 2pm gmt but there probably be some downtime tomorrow so you can never be too carefull!

All other contestants should have had a reply on their PM's!

And everyone else that wants to send in a photo... feel free to do so!

I didn't receive a PM. But I'm not on the list of those who haven't sent in a picture yet, so I'm pretty sure you got my picture :cool:

I've sended you 2 pm's. one with banner and one with confirmation for your photo! :confused: :eek:
Link then for the banner here: click

for the ones that sended in a photo.. all were good and all were accepted!

Uh.. indeed, I got the PM's. Think I'm going blind or something...I blame the mild hangover :p
Thanks!

Congrats on the new camera...and great to hear you're still gonna enter the challenges. :)

---- VOTING TIME ----
You can decide who's the best photographer in this round! Read the rules, watch all the photos and vote!

SpeedleCSIMiami and that_girl1 both failed to send in a photograph twice. And two others decided to use their free pass in this round. With 16 contestants left and 2 free passes makes a total of 14 LPS photos and 2 people decided to join this theme outside the LPS. And sawry for the double post :p

---- RULES ----
[1] You have to vote for the users still in the LPS #2 AND all the entries!
[2] For the vote for the LPS entries you have to vote for the 3 least quality photos.
[3] You should give your first vote to whichever photo you think has the least quality, your second vote to whichever photo you think that off next etc. It is important that you do it like this. Whoever has the most points at the end of voting will be eliminated from the LPS.
[3] With each vote you have to explain your point of view.
[4] The second vote will be the best 3 photos (in you opinion) of all entrants joining that theme. So LPS entries AND other entries.
[5] You should give your first vote to whichever photo you like best, your second vote to whichever photo you like second best etc. It is important that you do it like this. Whoever has the most points at the end of voting wins, with the contestant that has the second highest number of points getting second place, etc.
[6] How a vote should look:
--------------------
LPS:
99 - Using a flash in broad daylight? It really flattens the image which gives a strange effect to the photograph.
76 - Nice idea for the theme but the image is very busy and doesn't give that nice photo feeling. Maybe better in black and white next time.
82 - Very nice of how you set up the whole "scene" but the wrong subject is sharp. Nice use of the diaphragm though!

All:
--------------------
[7] Criticizing/Bashing: I ask you to combine the basic rules with your personal opinion when giving your critics. Why the personal thing? Sometimes a photo does not have anything in it that is by the basic rules of photography and it is still more than a great photograph. That happens. Also the other way around. A photo can be perfect by the basic rules of photography but just doesn't have anything or a feeling. I'm pretty straight on about criticizing one another.. The world of photography is were people judge each other hard... But not on anything personal but on some technical skills and your insight. That means no bashing but good critics! And don't be afraid to criticize! People can use that and learn from it. And they should take critics that way too!
[8] Please look at ALL of the photographs submitted before deciding on which ones get your vote. All you have to do is click on the link to each photo. This is so everyone has a fair chance of getting a vote and therefore a banner.
[9] Don't vote for your own photo - why anyone would want to do such a silly thing is beyond me, but if you do, I will know and your photo will be disqualified from the competition.
[10] Don't tell your friends which photo is yours so that they'll vote for it - that is a sad and pathetic thing to do, not to mention unfair on all the other competitors.

---- PHOTOS ----

Last Photographer Standing 2 Contestants

Photo #01

Photo #02

Photo #03

Photo #04

Photo #05

Photo #06

Photo #07

Photo #08

Photo #09

Photo #10

Photo #11

Photo #12

Photo #13

Photo #14

Other Contestants (NON LPS)

Photo #15

Photo #16

---- IMPORTANT ----

Please PM me if you don't see your photo!

---- THE END ----
Going to be hard huh? To vote. Such nice sunny photographs!

Wow! :eek: This is gonna be so hard! Beautiful pictures, everyone!

First the hard part:
LPS:
12 - The picture isn't clear. It looks like it has been taken through a dirty window..
05 - I would've used a different focus.
03 - The main subject seems to be the building, not the sun.

Sry y'all :(

All:

This was really hard, no fair :p

*still laughin' at HUSH'S icon*

ok, time to get serious. I totally agree, this is a rather difficult task. These photos are all amazing and so....tranquil. So I apologize in advance.

12 - interesting angle, but lost the effect with the scratches on the glass.

03 - Love the idea of a reflecting sun off of anything, but it's not the main subject in the photo.

05 - Seems like the camera focused more on the foreground and not the sun itself...that was out of focus.

OVERALL

09 - reminds me of many peaceful evenings at my cabin on the warf. I'm smiling just looking and thinking about it. :)

02 - very nice

10 - I drew a picture similar to this one time with crayon.

Alright, here we go! Awesome work everybody!

LPS:
12 - Scratches are bad on this pic. As well, I think it is more about clouds than on the sun.
10 - Sun isn't the main subject here. Again, clouds. It's a lovely sky pic, but some kind of lens flare effect or big aperture or reflection would have hit the nail on the spot for this round. :)
03 - Sun isn't really in the pic. It is more likely the building. THough I get the actual point with the rays of light. Anyways... I am distracted by car and building. If there would have been just some sun to see in the pic it would have been nice. :)

Winners:
07 - THAT's what a call a perfect sun shoot. Perfect mix from clouds, sunrays and brightness.
08 - Nice aperture work.
01 - Great when you get the sun as big and beautiful as in this one.

Hey Bonataylor, #15 is not in the LPS competition, so you might wanna change your vote ;)

Back