Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Results Now Up!

Re: Last Photographer Standing #2

Wow this was very hard!

#10 - I like the effect you were going for. A slower shutter speed will help to clear up a lot.

#11- I like the concept, but the lights blend a bit into the really dark background. Being closer and using a different shutter speed would help.

#15 - Nice concept but over all the blurriness detracts from the photo.

-----

I hate this bit, but i guess ut has to be done, i feel really bad as well becuse i always think my photos are terrible,

2- Too dark, lights don't seem to be the focus of the picture

10- too blurry and out of focus

15- again out of focus and too blurry.

All photos were great all kind of caught the theme in one way or another, here's my votes for overall pictures

Great work everyone and can't wait till the next round to see what people come up with for the sun topic

I can't offer any advice, as I know very little about photography! I'm just going on the quality/appearance of the photos...

LPS

2 - too dark, with no real focal point to draw the eye to.

11 - also too dark, & the lights seem rather lost in the darkness ie. they're not distinctive enough.

15 - slightly blurry and there's a bit of a glare.

All

MiamiDade said:
I can't offer any advice, as I know very little about photography! I'm just going on the quality/appearance of the photos...

That's okay. You did great. All you have to do is give an idea to the photographer of what you thought was wrong. Don't worry if you don't know an f-stop from a shutter speed setting; someone else around here will :D

^^Same here, I don't know how to take a decent photography, leave alone giving advice to others. Sorry...But anyway,

LPS votes:
02-too dark, the lights are too far away
15-a little too blurry
11-again the lights don't stand out, and the picture is too dark

All votes: ;)
07-That must have been such a beautiful firework show to see
14-Love the simple idea and the great position of the items of the photography
04-wow! that's different and cool one

I must congratulate everyone by the nice pictures, the theme wasn't that easy to take a shot of, and you all did good :)

LPS votes:
I'm really not a professional photographer, so I'm just going with my gut here.

2 -> Too dark, not enough focused on the light.
18 -> Too blurry.
10 -> Is it traffic? Is it a Christmas tree? Too blurry, you can't really make anything out.

All:

LPS votes:

02_I don't think it's goes with the theme...the lights are way to far away and it's kinda hard to see them.

11_almost the same reason, you can't almost see the lights

15_it's blurry; kinda hard to focus on the subject

All:

There are really great pictures!!
Great job everyone!! :)

Bev said:
MiamiDade said:

That's okay. You did great. All you have to do is give an idea to the photographer of what you thought was wrong. Don't worry if you don't know an f-stop from a shutter speed setting; someone else around here will :D

Thank you for your help again!

When I feel like it. Maybe I can get some stuff translated from my course or find a good website that explains the basics of photography. If people feel something for that too?!?!?

I think that would be great! Great idea! that could really help a lot to the newbies on photography stuff like me hehe.
Regards

5 days without any votes. I had hoped for more voted though! Hopefully next time! Here are te results!

---- LPS ELIMINATION THEME 1 ----

Photo: # 2
Votes: 13
Contestant: Roosey

I'm sorry to say that Roosey is leaving us. Thanks for entering and I am hoping to see you as a non-LPS contestant and kick everyones behind with your photos!

---- WINNERS TIME ----

FIRST PLACE:

photo: # 5
user: Bev
votes: 10

SECOND PLACE:

photo: # 4
user: _Hush_
votes: 10

THIRD PLACE:

photo: # 16
user: DJRideout
votes: 5

--- WINNERS ---
[1] Each round winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner
[2] The winner (1st) of the LPS may recieve a banner.
[3] When not given when the winners are announced, banners are available from me upon request via PM.

---- THE END ----

Congratulations! Hope to see you again next round!

--- CURRENT THEME ---
Theme: Sunshines
Extra's: As long as you make sure that a sun is the main subject in your photograph you'll be fine. (No sunsets were the sun is already set or sunrises where the sun still needs to rise: The photos with great skies but no suns)
Examples: You DON'T HAVE to follow or recreate these examples. Be free to be creative!
Example 1 Example 2 Example 3 Example 4
Deadline for submitting a photograph:
Sunday 4th of November 2007 at 2pm GMT (this boards time)
Late entries won't be accepted!

--- NEXT THEME ---
Theme: Abstract
Extra's: Be sure to look up what abstract is and you'll be fine!
Examples: You DON'T HAVE to follow or recreate these examples. Be free to be creative!
Examples
Deadline for submitting a photograph:
Around November 18, 2007!

--- RULES & CO ---
See initial post of this thread! Be sure to read them carefully. From now on I won't hesitate to leave a photo out if it is not by the rules set for sending in a photograph.

--- THE END ---
Any questions, please either post them here, or PM me.
Thanks and enjoy making your photograph!

And a quick say that I've started with my basics in photography website yesterday. See my signature for that! Just let me know what you think! I also would like to know who is going to take a peak! Just so I know if people actually use it and stuff!

Congratulations to all the winners! Your pictures were beautiful!

And now I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with next!

I looked at your site, will check back when you have more done to it. I'm not sure I have much of an eye, so it may not help me any, but I'll give it a shot.

13. This is so pretty! I'd love to know where this was taken!
Drumchik, thank you, that was my photo. It's of the SS Earnslaw steamship, and was taken on Lake Wakapitu in Queenstown, New Zealand.

Congrats to the winners. :D There were some really lovely photos in this round. Just to confirm, as per my post on the previous page, I'm withdrawing from the LPS. I thought I had better mention it again as I was unexpectedly included as a contestant (no problem BlueCurl - I know real life has been a bit crazy for you ;)) in this round and I'm still on the list.

Back