LAS VEGAS PICTURES

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went to vegas at easter and although i'm under 21 it was still brilliant and the new york new york was the bast to stay in

Yeah, New York New York is cool, my folks came down and we went there- nice deli ;)

KA-TV

"Ka" gained a national audience during Thursday's season premier of "CSI' which featured the Cirque du Soleil production. Will the exposure on TV's #1 show translate into increased attendance? "Anyone who watched CSI probably wasn't thinking about coming to Las Vegas for 6 or 7 months. It's going to be hard to quantify--but we knew it was never going to be a losing situation" said company mgr. Calum Pearson. The cast and crew and media members were invited to a sneak preview inside the "KA" Theater on a screen that seemed to be 100 times bigger than your average TV screen. One of the epsiode's multiple plots involved a young couple sneaking into "KA's" technically compllex backstage area and the women being crushed by gignatic elevators. Several times during the show, cast and crew broke into laughter or applause, including a discussion of a Portugese cork. "It was an inside joke. we really do use Portuguese cork" instead of sand!! It is imported every single month, and exclusive element of the show!!. we gave CSI some ideas on how it could be used in the script!! and it was done!!. Pearson said everyone was happy with the way the story played out on TV. He did stress however, that what happened in the script could not happen in reality. "No one could ever find their way onto the theather the way they did" (tell me about it I tried too}. On of the things we are always ensuring is safety and security, so that would never happen!!

Norm Clarke-LVRJ

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL

LAS VEGAS NEWS

The coups keep coming for The Killers. In the summer of 2005, the electro-pop phenoms for LV performed in London for the Live 8 charity extravaganza. They're back as musical guests on "SNL", this time for the show's season premiere tonight . 'All the stars came together" said their mgr. Robert Reynolds, obviously, a lot of bands were vying for this spot!!, they'll play two songs--"When You Were Young" and "Bones"---from thier new album 'Sam's Town" which is being released Tuesday!! For "Bones" The Killers will get help from the horn section of SNL's house band>>>>>>>Mariah Carey might have been a little shaky in her stilettos for Friday's concert and for a repeat performance tonight. Spies tell me she took a bad tumble about 2 am Fri. in her suite at the MGM SkyLofts>>>>>Actress Vivica Fox, getting last-minute advice on makeup, eyelashes and the showgirls sashay for her appearance Thursday for the 25th anniversary show of "Jubilee" at Bally's the ABC's "Dancing With The Stars" camera crew followed her through the night, including her fox trot in the finale with her "Stars" partner Nick Kosovich. The segment will air during Tuesday's show

Spurce Norm Clarke- LVRJ

SIGHTINGS

Barbara Walters, interviewing Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf inside Pure (Caesars Palace} on Saturday afternoon for an upcoming special>>>> At Tao's one-year anniversary party on Friday Jamie Fox-Brooke Shields-Paris Hilton-Jeremy Piven-Allsion Janey-Katherine Heigi LA Laker, Luke Wilson, and Shanna Moakler of "Dancing With the Stars"

Norm Clarke-LVRJ

http://govegas.about.com/library/graphics/caeshot0001.JPG

SIGHTINGS

The "American dol" trio of Ryan Seacrest-Simon Cowell, and Randy Jackson, being swarmed at Light nightclub (Bellagio) after making an impromptu stop en route back to Los Angeles, from Alabama, where they were conducting auditions>>> Mariah Carey, on the terrace and later in the VIP section at Pure (Caesars Palace) after her concert Sat.>>> Janet Jackson , and boyfriend Jermaine Dupri and her dad Joe Jackson at Tao (Venetian) Saturday at an event marking her debut album "20YO", guest included Jamie Fox, Brook Shields, Van Diesel, Paris Hilton, Mike Tyson, Allison Janey,>>>>TV icon Barbara Walters, lunching at Wolfgang Puck's Chinos at Caesars Sat.>>>

Source-Norm Clarke-LVRJ

NEWS

The Killers Las Vegas natives, didn't fare to weel on SNL, their appearance was short lived- according the The new York Times, they panned thier new CD "Sams Town" calling it 'a classic case of a young band overreaching to assert it's sifnificance" Times critic Sia ichael described the new album, which is being released today, as "painful" and characterized The Killers as "a talented band that evolved way to fast, for the wrong reasons" (geez, get down) THey scored a 3 on a scale of 1-5 "A a concept record, "Sams Town" isn't as crystalline as "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" or as well-plotted as the Who's "Tommy", but it's still a very ambitious piece, and for that you have to give them credit!! Glenn Gamboa, of Newsday gave them a C- saying "The Killers" do themselves a disservice by trying to be something, their not to me, it was 'Fake it, till you make it" but they came across as pompous and silly" "Nobody takes them seriously" OUCH!!! :(

Norm Clarke-LVRJ

NEWS

Prince fans soon may be partying like it's 1999. A Web site connected to Prince is hinting that his rumored RIO headliner deal is done!!! Since Monday, his www.3121.com Web-site--a reference to his "3121" album---has been showing only a red-and-blue graphic oin the shape of the RIO. Recent sightings of Prince at the RIO and elsewhere with Harrah's executives have fuled the rumors, and he's known for sending cryptic clues to his fans!! "It looks good, you take it to the bank" said a source cloe th the Prince camp>>>>>>>>>Roy Horn had a promise for his fans, Tuesday, his 62nd birthday. "I will do a show" keep watching he told a crowd, For many who hadn't seen him in months, Horn had another surprise. he walked without assistance, Life is good, and I will be back' I'm not done yet"

Norm Clarke- LVRJ

VEGAS NEWS

You wonder whether Hugh Hefner thought he would live to see this day!! Hefner. age 80, joins Palms owner George Maloof for the uncorking of a Playboy Club extravaganza this weekend at the $300 million Fantasy Tower. "it's a big deal for us, and it's a big deal for Playboy" said Maloof. Hefner who once ruled the empire that stretched across the world has long wanted to be in Vegas, now it's happening!! It will be a special moment for hef, said Maloof, and his daughter her Christine Hefner CEO of the Playboy Enterprises, will partake in the opening ceremonies, that began at 7:00-H'rs alweays wante this and is very pasionate about vegas!!!, they've made a special suite for Hef and his bunnies (old codger) :(

Source- Norm Clarke- LVRJ

SIGHTINGS

Sir Michael Caine, on the Red Carpet at Andre Agassi's Grand Slam for children at the MGM Grand- event with his wife Shakira, recalling their Las vegas wedding "at the little chapel, across from Circus Circus" 34 years ago!! Also on the red carpet Steffi Graff, Andre's wife, Pete Sampras and Gretchen Wilson, Anna Kournikova-Micheal Barker Emily Blount, music producer David Foster with Sandra Vidal--Ben Stiller and his wife Christine Taylor, Sarah McLachlan and Emeril Lagasse and his wife--Paris Hilton with Travis Barker getting cozy also her sis. Nikki Hilton flashing a big sparkler on her left hand

Source- Norm Clarke-LVRJ

desertwind said:
YOU FANS ARE SO COOl

^^ I know you wrote that ages ago, but you're just so darn friendly, you're always saying stuff like that and its just downright nice and I like it. I usually hate nice people so that's saying something :lol:

:) The pics are cool, it sort of reminds me of Manhattan at night. Its really...um.. colorful :D

Gosh, I'm overwhelmed, Roka and Iloveyou it's really nice to be appreciated- ;) my folks are friendly as well, and always taught me to be that way- ;) I love this fan-site, it's so fun, and you all are cool, everyone's so different ;)and that's so interesting!!!!!

SIGHTINGS

Emeril Lagasse, purchasing an electirc train for his grandson during their outing at FAO Schwarz on Sunday>>> Singer Taylor Dayne and friends at the Sand Dollar Blues Room Saturday night>>>> Paris Hilton (gag me} and her oil heir Brandon Davis, dining at Spago (so expensive) on Sunday before she flew back to Los Angeles for her first full-blown renuion with Nicole Ritchie in ages>>>> Kelly Clinton closing at the Sahara on Sat. night>>>> Nicky Hilton, getting extensions at Amp (geez their worthless) before joining friends at BOA Steakhouse for her 23rd B-day party

Source-Norm Clarke-LVRJ
norm@reviewjournal.com

LAS VEGAS AT NIGHT

LAS VEGAS NEWS

The document-driven Web-site smoking-gun.com has posted contract riders--or backstage requests--from two las Vegas favorites, the Killers and Wayne Newton The Killers list f backstage requests prior to each eoncert, include 96 beers, 24 cans of cider and two cans of red wine!! The band is meticulous about it's hard-alcohol list too-- on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays it's Maker's Mark Whiskey and Absolut vodka, It's Jack Daniels on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Sundays are reserved fot tequila and Jameson Irish Whiskey. The band also asks for eight packs of sugar-free gum, and a variety pack of cold cereal!!! Newtons list relatively staid by comparsion calls for a six-pack of Coors Light, a couple of bottles of wine and red carnations!!I want to hang out with all of them ;)

SOurce- Norm Clarke-LVRJ

SIGHTINGS

Eva Longoria of "Desperate Housewives" was partying at Pure nightclub Caesars Palace>>>>>>>>>> Howie Mandel from "Deal Or No Deal", in heavy makeup as an show ticket salesman Thursday afternoon for a comedy sketch on "The Tonight Show" with jay Leno>>>> Ashanti, celebrating her 26th birthday, with Nelly at Tao, The Venetian on Friday

Source- Norm Clarke-LVRJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back